• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter 16 : Batch the Amendments and Save Tiles.

Gkyr

Chef
The main point of this is, the need for Dwarven Amendments (DA) and Fairy Amendments (FA) are not symmetrically positioned in the tech tree. It is suggested at some point to site more beer halls, then to sell them and replace them with tea houses. After the tea houses accumulate a mass of FA, you can then sell most of the settlement buildings and re-establish your more normal layout long before you get to the end of the chapter.

Short version:
Site Senate and both Embassies and upgrade Senate and upgrade to level 4.
Upgrade beer halls to lvl 3 or 4, tea houses to lvl 3 or 4, depending on number of buildings.
After upgrades, accumulate 3x as much DA as FA by adjusting buildings or levels.
Progress to Improved Training Grounds, then to Improved Elven Style Residences.
After that, port out tea houses, replace with beer halls and quickly accumulate 23,000 DA while continuing through the tech tree.
When that amount is reached, sell all beer halls and replace with all tea houses. Sell all tea houses after amassing 31,000 FA.
Complete chapter 16.

Long version:
DA and FA (and Statutes) are the requirements to advance through the tech tree.
And DA and FA require the products of beer and tea to be consumed, respectively. There is an intermediate step of Dwarven Propositions and Fairy Propositions between the beer/tea and the DA/FA. So the proportions of DA and FA depend upon the number and levels of beer halls and tea houses.
(I use PP for Statutes and don’t have to bother with building Meditation Circles. I also ignore the last 1/2 of the quests. You can decline or perform your way through all of them after starting chapter 17, including the last quest item for 200 diamonds, which has nothing to do with any of the settlement buildings.).

The need for the Propositions ends with the opening of the Improved (stage 2) Senate and respective Embassies. After that Propositions are only used to accumulate DA and FA. At this point there are three lines of progress along the tech tree, almost free of each other.

As in most guest races, it is recommended to upgrade the portal and settlement production buildings first in order to speed up one’s progress. This is the middle path and it requires 6,600 DA and 10,800 FA. In my city I was running 5 beer halls and 6 tea houses.

I did the upper tech tree line next because it is a straight line from the Final Senate box; it does not require two previous stages to open any next stage. Also, it is a military line and I have a battle city. With respect to the Amendments under discussion, completing the top line cost 14,500 DA along with other resources and no FAs, and all of it was for one tech: Improved Training Grounds.

Along the lower tech path, which starts with Improved Manufactories and progresses along 8 columns, there are two tech boxes that require the completion of double precursors, so this lower path is a bit slower and more complex. The Amendment requirements for this path start at 8,500 DA (Improved Manufactories), then 8,700 FA (Improved Elven Style [ES] Residences), 8,900 DA (Advanced Manufactories), 11,500 DA, 14,000 FA and 17,000 FA in that order, and serially, never together.

One of the Elvenar challenges is the space-occupying settlements that divert tiles from one’s expansion plans. By batching Dwarven and Elven resources it is possible to quicken the accumulation of tea and beer by ‘repurposing’ the same tiles. By following the middle-upper-lower paths’ sequence, I believe that this strategy is facilitated.

It all starts before filling KP into Improved Training Grounds. By completing the upper path and starting the lower path, the required Amendments group into 23,000 DA, then 8,700 FA, then 20,400 DA, and then a whopping 31,000 FA. Site three times as many beer halls as tea houses to spend the first two amounts. Then transport into storage 2 or 4 tea houses and replace them with beer halls to quickly move through the 20,400 amount of DA. Fortunately, the halls and houses are the same size, just oriented differently, so they fit into the same 4x4 space. Other halls and houses are usually close enough to maintain the required connection. Once 20,400 DA have been accumulated – no matter where one is in the lower path – the beer halls can be sold and the tea houses can be brought back and even added to, if there is room. In this way the final FA requirements can be accelerated. The Dwarven Embassy can be sold at this point.

After accumulating 31,000 FA, even though you may have to collect as much as 2000 KP in order to complete the chapter, you will be free to sell off the vast bulk of the settlement buildings and restore the territory to its other uses. Case in point: chapter 16 gives you four upgrades for your T2/S2 manufactory but the first upgrade changes size. If the city grid is full it will be difficult to fit in the advantaged building(s). If Propositions are your rate-limiting step in getting to 31,000 FA, then accumulating 2050 teas per needed FA (or 79,636 teas for all 31,000 FA) will allow you to sell off the tea houses.

Three final notes. It is not necessary to accumulate vast stores of Draft Laws in the Senate. They are only for Proposition production. I kept my amount between 3000-5000 and always had enough to produce Dwarf and Fairy Propositions. Another note: if you do this, make sure you have a good supply of mana, which is required for building and upgrading the tea houses and also producing the tea. Finally, do not sell the Senate; you will need it to hold the Statutes.

Note to Moderator: This was posted separately from the Discussion Chapter 16 Embassies post because it should be read early and would get lost at the end of the long, 2 year-old thread. If you insist on moving this to there, please consider pinning it to the beginning of the thread. If this post can stand and no other moderator is involved then please consider deleting this end note.

Last edited: