• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter 16 Embassies

CHANDY

So can someone tell me when the portal profits can be used efficiently, as of now there almost worthless as they only add to statutes

Yogi Dave

Tea and Beer are used to make Elven and Dwarven Propositions and Amendments. There are a few options on how to use them, but that is the basics.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Ah...ok thanks both of you. I havent opened those upgrades up yet, but that makes sense. I thought I was missing something.

They can also be used for propositions, but I agree that you get these buildings far ahead of time. Any research that requires amendments also requires the upgrade for the embassies, and you likely want to get the upgrade to the senate before the upgrade to the embassies so that you can generate enough draft laws to fit your proposition needs.

CHANDY

That's all they are good for this chapter, statutes. So, there are only of value when you reach those techs. You only need to fill your portal 10 times and are only used in 14 techs. Not near as useful as the last 3 chapters.
Thank you Dave, Sad to hear that but you gave me the answer I needed.

ChiefObie

I've got no problem with seeds. That's the upside of having all of the AW's and working on upgrading them for a few years :cool: It's the Orcs that are killing me so far in chapter 16. I expect that to resolve shortly but I used up an insane amount of Orcs when the battle boosts were messed up and I catered a whole lot of the tournament. It didn't even cross my mind that this was definitely not a good time to be catering :( It would be a great time to have my Hero's Forge upgraded. Alas, still working on getting the Sanctuary up to level 30 for the Spire of miserable waste :rolleyes:
I agree - the economics of this chapter sucks. The required real estate is also pretty heavy. I'm going to use my resources to upgrade AWs and then maybe pursue the chapter at a later time. There's plenty of activity in the game that I don't need to advance through more chapters to keep active.

DeletedUser2959

I agree - the economics of this chapter sucks. The required real estate is also pretty heavy. I'm going to use my resources to upgrade AWs and then maybe pursue the chapter at a later time. There's plenty of activity in the game that I don't need to advance through more chapters to keep active.
That's the spirit! One great thing about this game is there's no pressure to keep up with the Jones'.

Deleted User - 3932582

OK, so I have just finished all guest race goods requirements (with PPs) for the chapter. This took 47 days, and as anticipated I still have about 30 days to go to fill in all the KP requirements. I have to say, I like balancing of chapter 16 a lot more than for chapter 15. Ch15 was pretty stressful as a lot of production (guest races goods, sentients) was really tight with respect to KPs. I enjoyed the challenge, but I can see how that could be pretty tough for many players.

In chapter 16 production was never an issue, to say the least. Not because goods requirements are low, but because KP requirements are so high. This means that for the great many players KP will be a primary constraint - not production. Unless you're hitting 10K+ in tournaments regularly or something ;)

This chapter may suck if you can't login often, as most production options are fairly short. That's the only real negative I can think of - for some players. But then again, with so much time needed for KPs you may take your sweet time. Requirements for orcs and regular goods are significant, but if you know about them and make some minimal preparations ahead of time (i.e. don't start chapter with zero orcs ;) ), your regular production should be able to carry you through the chapter with no significant issues.

All in all, not a bad chapter. Improvements are not great though - MH upgrades are nice, Training Grounds upgrades are nice, residence upgrades are nice - and that's about it. Everything else is pretty meh. New AWs are... not great ;) Ah well, perhaps something good will show up in chapter 17...

Deleted User - 4646370

In chapter 16 production was never an issue, to say the least. Not because goods requirements are low, but because KP requirements are so high. This means that for the great many players KP will be a primary constraint - not production. Unless you're hitting 10K+ in tournaments regularly or something ;)
Until level 3 embassies guest race goods we limiting for me. I average 5k in tournaments. However, since there are only 3 buildings (except at the very end of the first part when you need beer and tea to make amendments for L3 senate and Meditation circle), the cost in time boosters to avoid tech lock was affordable.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
OK, so I have just finished all guest race goods requirements (with PPs) for the chapter. This took 47 days, and as anticipated I still have about 30 days to go to fill in all the KP requirements. I have to say, I like balancing of chapter 16 a lot more than for chapter 15. Ch15 was pretty stressful as a lot of production (guest races goods, sentients) was really tight with respect to KPs. I enjoyed the challenge, but I can see how that could be pretty tough for many players.

This chapter may suck if you can't login often, as most production options are fairly short. That's the only real negative I can think of - for some players. But then again, with so much time needed for KPs you may take your sweet time. Requirements for orcs and regular goods are significant, but if you know about them and make some minimal preparations ahead of time (i.e. don't start chapter with zero orcs ;) ), your regular production should be able to carry you through the chapter with no significant issues.

All in all, not a bad chapter. Improvements are not great though - MH upgrades are nice, Training Grounds upgrades are nice, residence upgrades are nice - and that's about it. Everything else is pretty meh. New AWs are... not great ;) Ah well, perhaps something good will show up in chapter 17...

The main reason why I liked this approach of KP issue over goods issue is that this way the spire of eternity did not get killed.
If the chapter would be build like the elvenar chapter with constant retraint of goods the spire would have been dead for a while in the stronger fellowships as no one would have the goods left to negotiate.
We surely would see the results plummet as non fighters would be too constraint to play the spire.

Now we don't even notice anything.

T6583

I will have to agree to disagree on the balance of this chapter. While I’m not struggling for Goods in general, guest race goods have been a huge issue for me. KP so far has also not been an issue for me. In fact I’ve been tech locked several times while waiting on guest race goods. Even with using time boosters which I don’t have a lot of the smaller ones despite crafting them whenever I see them. Guest race goods have been a chore for me that has caused a lot of anger and frustration as I can’t log in every 3 hours. If it wasn’t for my wonderful FS and the friends I’ve made there’s a strong possibility that I may have quit because of how difficult it’s been with the guest race goods. My anger and frustration with this chapter has reduced slightly with upgrading the buildings and getting some longer production times but it’s still feels like an extremely unbalanced chapter for me. It almost feels like players that can’t login every 3 hrs are being penalized with this chapter.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Does anybody have an updated list of the quests? Mine stops short of the end. I think it is the one that I had to translate from Italian.

Deleted User - 3932582

Until level 3 embassies guest race goods we limiting for me. I average 5k in tournaments. However, since there are only 3 buildings (except at the very end of the first part when you need beer and tea to make amendments for L3 senate and Meditation circle), the cost in time boosters to avoid tech lock was affordable.
Yes, I have used some time boosters in the beginning, but mostly to rush to fully upgraded settlement. There was not real need to do so as I had a few available research items (e.g. City Expansion, Improved Manufactories) to sink KPs in, so most if not all timeboosters could have been avoided.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am currently working on the 8500 of each amendment for the two embassy upgrade researches that come after the Level 3 Senate research and trying to not burn a bunch of time boosters, so I am just letting the week it will take to make those amendments pass by. That gives me plenty of time to fill in KP and collect sentient goods for other techs that I can work on at the same time.

DeletedUser7791

This chapter has made my current heavy workload (and therefore fewer game visits daily) much more costly. I will slog through rather than move rapidly because of that. I guess it is payback for the times I gained on people by playing more.

Thanks everyone for all the info!