• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter 17 - Traders of Unur - Discussion

Pheryll

Set Designer
My biggest fear, hence the urgency, was whether the 3x2 upgrade could be moved to a place that a 4x3 could not occupy.

I can move the graphics of buildings to overlap with other buildings (doing so does trigger a message about how buildings cannot overlap), and by moving the graphics I can move the graphics of other buildings into the seemingly vacated spot (again a message about how buildings cannot overlap appears). But none of this has any affect on the physical locations of the buildings. Buildings whose graphics have been moved one square away from the road still function as if they were connected by road. It appears the 3x2 dimensions for the copper dragon seem only to apply to the movement of graphics rather than the movement of the building itself. Generally the message about how buildings cannot overlap should not appear, a red box around the building usually appears and clicking the location you wish to move it does nothing, but when the dimensions for the graphics do not match the physical dimensions then the green box around the building is maintained allowing you to move the graphics separate from moving the building.

As far as it seems, this is not exploitable. What is being played with is not the true location of the building, and reloading the game will reset the graphics to their true location.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Chapters 18-20 are already planned and will introduce new goods for our tier+2 factories to make. An upgrade in each chapter for the Trader is already planned, so we can trade the new goods.

I did see the glitch pic of the T7, T8 & T9. Just wondering where you are getting info about future chapters. A few times I’ve read responses that sound like you have inside information. Chapter 20 would be 2 years from now following the 2 chapters per year rate. Do you have direct information or educated guess?

Pheryll

Set Designer
I did see the glitch pic of the T7, T8 & T9. Just wondering where you are getting info about future chapters. A few times I’ve read responses that sound like you have inside information. Chapter 20 would be 2 years from now following the 2 chapters per year rate. Do you have direct information or educated guess?
Dataminers on the Beta forum noticed resources being added to the game files for chapters 17-20 (including 4 levels of the trader) at the time the glitch displaying T7-T9 appeared.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Dataminers on the Beta forum noticed resources being added to the game files for chapters 17-20 (including 4 levels of the trader) at the time the glitch displaying T7-T9 appeared.

Good to know! I guess one more reason to be in no hurry if they are already getting set up for that far in the future. If this could have been closer to the end I would seriously consider not decimating my city.

FinweSr

Has anyone found a layout map or a research tree for chapter 17? It's a lot easier to set up with these two items.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Has anyone found a layout map or a research tree for chapter 17? It's a lot easier to set up with these two items.
What exactly are you looking for? The tech tree is already viewable in game. Are you looking for a guest race settlement example?

Deleted User - 3932582

Moving along and rearranging :cool: Question. Do we have to make 3 of each large ship? Or can we wait to use small ships?
There is a quest to have 3 of each. You technically can skip all the large ships (they don't produce anything new), but it will take a long, long time to unlock small ships with just flagships.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Well, looks like I am about to hit my first tech lock in this chapter at the Trade Center 3 research. Without burning time boosters to make the guest race goods it needs, I may be sitting in this spot for a while.

DeletedUser13561

Well, after time boosting and portal profiting my way through a lot of techs, with the help of the last of my WW's, I'm finally at the level 4 portal upgrade tech. And wow, the real slowdown here is the goods required. Using the rest of my time boosters (I think I started around 3000 hours) and leaving 500 hours for other stuff, after a week I am barely half way there to having the goods. Mind you I only had the three main ships. I almost have the large ones complete.

But the rub on adding the large ones if they use competing goods to produce theirs, so sure maybe you are producing 100 of what you need, but it takes 50 away from another. So its an incremental change and while the numbers say you are producing X a day, if you are usign other large ships you are producing a fraction of X per day.

The real issue the number it takes. It will take me 3 weeks to get the shrimp for 22K for the portal. But some techs require over 100K shrimp. As I start to build out small ships then maybe I can get that number down. What I should be producing does not match up, but I am just getting the large ships into play and they do canabalize other resources.

But here is the good thing. There is on requirement to build out (other than quest line) so you can go with a minimal configuration (maybe 150 squares or so) and slowly plod through it. Personally I want that Oracle, so I'm using the strategy of teleporting workshops, factories, residences into storage to make extra room and plow through it (dropping from 1.5M to 700K is not nice mind you its temporary). I suspect I may pay a bit on the spire and tournies, but those RR's are worth it. I'm not even usign any KP instants until I am done so I can level that Oracle up fast.

And the truth is, I am enjoying this chapter so far.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
[
Chapters 18-20 are already planned and will introduce new goods for our tier+2 factories to make. An upgrade in each chapter for the Trader is already planned, so we can trade the new goods.

1) How is this known?
2) And, as Field Marshall Moltke "one cannot be sure any operational plan will survive the first contact with the enemy." Expanding this a bit to apply it to the current situation I'd say, plans can be made and never executed or executed in unplanned ways. That the devs have planned may be true, but the final decision to execute those plans is probably decided by market forces more than anything else. If the players just stop spending -- espeicialy those who are or would be in chapter 18 and above -- there is no need from a business stand point to execute the plans for chapter 18 and above. The happiness of the customer is secondary to the profit generated by said customer.

AJ

Pheryll

Set Designer
1) How is this known?
Dataminers saw resources added to the game files for chapters 17-20 around the time a game glitch allowed their main halls to display locked boosts for the remaining three relics. The addition to the game files included 4 levels of upgrades for the trader.

nightrider1

I am at 5 technolgies from finishing Chapter 16 and just saw that Chapter 17 requires a minimum of 268 squares. That's a lot of real estate!!! Especially after you reach your maximum province expansion and don't want to spend $$$ on diamonds. Once again you only get two research expansions in the chapter. This is where I draw the line and will not progress pass Chapter 16. Maybe it is time to retire playing.
assuming you are refering to guest race ch 16 is over 300 sq so what is the space issue

DeletedUser24344

Does anybody have a list of the quests for this chapter? I may have missed it somewhere but I can't find one.
Following up on this, is it allowable to post a chapter 17 quest list on the forum, and if so, does anybody have one? Even a partial one would help.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Looking at the quest list I see that it requires 3 of each small ship. Anybody know if we have to keep 3 of each large ship at the same time?

mikeledo

The large ships make items from the production of another ship. Is it more efficient to make items in all 9 longships at one time or to concentrate on just one item? I am doing all 9 and feel like it is two steps forward, one step back.

Yogi Dave

The large ships make items from the production of another ship. Is it more efficient to make items in all 9 longships at one time or to concentrate on just one item? I am doing all 9 and feel like it is two steps forward, one step back.
I ran all nine at the same time. There isn't an efficiency difference. The problem with only producing one good type is you may run out of the good needed to produce it.