• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter 17 - Traders of Unur - Discussion

DeletedUser7791

Do you delete all of the large ones when you can get smalls? Does the efficiency of the smalls when running make up for down time from only short builds?

Yogi Dave

I'm adding the small ships now. As I add them I'm deleting the large ones. I did all 9 of the large ones for the quest and will end up with 8 of each of the small ones and no large ones. The only drawback is the small one's longest production time is 3 hours. Since I run my factories on the same cycle, that's not a problem except over night when my factories and workshops are doing a 9 hour cycle. Not really a big deal since the production of the small ships still outperforms the large ones.

DeletedUser19910

I think I might quit Elvenar completely over the massive slowdown in Unur chapter especially after hitting the small ship unlocks. The next column takes almost 80k pearls for example that is about 300 of the most efficient 6h productions at the long-ship, and yes, faster with the other ships, but at the cost of other resources ad they all depend on each other with those ships, and it doesn't need only pearls of course. after plowing in all the KP needed for the next 5 techs, I am a at least 1500h time boosters away from unlocking any useful next tech that unlocks new spots to spent KPs... Not sure if that is intended? Or even if accounting for the total of around 3 long ships and an additional 17 ships EXTRA I have fit in, that is still going to take weeks for each Technology, and that is with farming short-time productions which is really not fun... I'd much rather see 500kp per technology so other resources could keep up, this makes chapter 17 a complete anomaly in the opposite way of 16, which I had no issues with actually, I loved that since it motivated good tournament performance etc, but not it motivates no performance anywhere and farming months worth of 1,2,5h time boosters form the spire. If intended I'd love to see a note to that form the developers, but as for now I just get the sense they wanted to make the game feel like a dread and scare me away form my elvenar motivation :/ Really not enjoying that, I was looking forward to finishing that chapter and then play around with different city layout for fun (like max armories, or max event buildings or max production etc, to keep things interesting).

But if the chapter progress is sooo terrible that not only would I prefer being end-locked, I would even consider quitting before getting to the more amusing end-locked state then I feel the developers made a massive mistake.
Sorry for the rant, I've always enjoyed the game greatly as a past-time and like all the different aspects and continued changes, with no complaints I like d them all, so to feel this broken all of a sudden has me dumb-funded. Honestly if there was a feasible way to need less than 10 000h time instants or to get there with loads of portal spells I'd take that any time, but those options aren't even viable in Unur... :(

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Getting close to swapping out the large ships for the small ships. Looking at the quest list I'm only seeing a quest to have 5 small collector ships. I don't see a requirement for 5 of the others. Of course I'm starting with the 3 of each required but I kind of want to know if I can plan my space based on 3, 3 & 5. I am well aware that it might take months to get through the chapter but I'm OK with that. I would rather play the other aspects of the game and do the chapter as a slow go. I'll finish by the time they come out with chapter 18 :rolleyes:

Deleted User - 3932582

Looking at the quest list I'm only seeing a quest to have 5 small collector ships. I don't see a requirement for 5 of the others.
55. have at least 6 Small Collector ships

61. sell at least 3 Small collector ships + call at least 6 Small Gourmet ships

68. sell at least 3 Small Gourmet ships + call at least 6 Small Pirate ships

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I have really had to change my approach to this chapter. I just spent a bunch of time adding back 1 of each large ship. I enjoyed the reduction in space used with only small ships BUT at the rate that approach works I may get this chapter finished by next Christmas. I was getting nowhere fast! I would strongly recommend keeping the large ships since it is a total pain to reorganize and rebuild them! I would rather have the inconvenience of the extra space anytime over having the settlement sit there for a very, very long time.

Yogi Dave

I'm finding it very useful to have extra small ships and rearranging the setup as needed. I have 85 teleports so this works for me. Also, it's not like I change them every day. Looking ahead at what is needed determines the mix. For now it's lots of shrimpers and key makers with a few pearl divers. I just retired several pearl divers. It does cost Unurium to make the extra small ships, but a collection after 3 hours 45 minutes produces enough to build a ship.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I have really had to change my approach to this chapter. I just spent a bunch of time adding back 1 of each large ship. I enjoyed the reduction in space used with only small ships BUT at the rate that approach works I may get this chapter finished by next Christmas. I was getting nowhere fast! I would strongly recommend keeping the large ships since it is a total pain to reorganize and rebuild them! I would rather have the inconvenience of the extra space anytime over having the settlement sit there for a very, very long time.
The way I am handling it when I get there, is placing more small ships (they are unlimited). Once I research the small ships techs I now plan to have nine of each with no large ships (more compact and efficient that way). Here is the setup I plan on using.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Pheryll Thank you! I sold the 1 each of big ships again and added a bunch of small ones for what I needed right then. I'm finally moving forward again. I will just swap them out depending on my immediate need. I don't have the space to keep 9 of each but may do that after Christmas when I put away a bunch of winter buildings.

edeba

I think I might quit Elvenar completely over the massive slowdown in Unur chapter especially after hitting the small ship unlocks. The next column takes almost 80k pearls for example that is about 300 of the most efficient 6h productions at the long-ship, and yes, faster with the other ships, but at the cost of other resources ad they all depend on each other with those ships, and it doesn't need only pearls of course. after plowing in all the KP needed for the next 5 techs, I am a at least 1500h time boosters away from unlocking any useful next tech that unlocks new spots to spent KPs... Not sure if that is intended? Or even if accounting for the total of around 3 long ships and an additional 17 ships EXTRA I have fit in, that is still going to take weeks for each Technology, and that is with farming short-time productions which is really not fun...

But if the chapter progress is sooo terrible that not only would I prefer being end-locked, I would even consider quitting before getting to the more amusing end-locked state then I feel the developers made a massive mistake.

To me, this is the worst chapter Inno has ever come out with and it may very well mark the last chapter I do. I will NEVER do this chapter in my beta account. I finished, but I ended up devoting about 30% of my space to building the most massive chunk of total garbage I've ever had in my game. The small ships could have had 6 choices so the efficiency would not have been so utterly slaughtered over night, so you could have gone 15 min, 1 hour, 3 hour and 6 hour. There's not that much difference in the 15 and 30 minute choices.

The ramp up of requirements for the tech was just entirely busy work and busy work gets a massive fail. Further, why not have the one click to reset all the ships of the same type at once? I give a massive fail for ability to learn from past mistakes. You totally destroyed the fellowship adventures for gross failure to control busy work and introducing unrelenting excessive repeat clicking for a big freaking zero. What it is about capacity to learn what makes a game good, and what turns people off royally? The FA actually improved, but you permanently turned it into a quest of drudgery to never get people to get past the degree of disgust for it, and you've done the same thing with this horribly designed chapter. It is so bad, I wouldn't even fail you, I'd send you back to kindergarten because of the utterly lack of ability to learn lessons from gross past mistakes.

55. have at least 6 Small Collector ships

61. sell at least 3 Small collector ships + call at least 6 Small Gourmet ships

68. sell at least 3 Small Gourmet ships + call at least 6 Small Pirate ships

Quest lists always block me, even when I'm trying. I got blocked by the stupid build a culture building, and I did eventually clear more space for it, but then I had 20k of artifacts to collect and I only had net 11k to go, which actually turned out to be fairly close, so only an extra couple hours of collecting to finish it, but I finished with needing gourmet ships so I deleted them and blocked by quest 61 and just not inclined to rebuild this crap.

I don't think I've actually finished a questline since being blocked in fairies by being required to build a culture building that by the time you get the space, you are done requiring rebuilding the guest race. I actually tried this time, which is why I built the stupid culture building, but for what, to get blocked just a couple quests further? It is dumb that you must have the quest list in advance if you possible have any hope of actually finishing it without massive replication of busywork.

The way I am handling it when I get there, is placing more small ships (they are unlimited). Once I research the small ships techs I now plan to have nine of each with no large ships (more compact and efficient that way). Here is the setup I plan on using.

Nice layout, but it is going to feel like forever getting through the chapter. I eventually had about 3 times as many ships... You get through the chapter about 3 times faster doing the 15 minutes versus the 3 hours. The requirements are so high, with that layout and 3 hours, it will take months to finish...

I know you wanted to slow the game up, but I don't think you realize what you did. I am seriously bored waiting for something to happen, That is a bad place to have someone with deep pockets.

Totally agree, dunce hat of the century for this chapter. What are you running, 3 games on 3 worlds with almost maxed expansions? I know how deep my pockets have been with just one city with almost maxed expansions. It just seems like everything Inno did this past year it ultimately a delivery of lumps of coal for Christmas, but they are exploding lumps of coal with the deepest pockets being the highest casualties. My pockets have been utterly burned full of holes and they are quite empty now.

Deleted User - 3932582

To me, this is the worst chapter Inno has ever come out with
Oh, you probably won't like Chapter 18 either. Especially if you thought that 3hr max productions are bad. How would you feel about even shorter max cycles? ;)

then I had 20k of artifacts to collect and I only had net 11k to go, which actually turned out to be fairly close, so only an extra couple hours of collecting to finish it
It's good that you stopped there, because if you thought 20K of artifacts was bad, then 10 quests later there is one to collect 80,000 luxuries. No, it's not a typo.

dikke ikke

I was creating all settlement goods up front, pearls and luxurious goods were done, now i read thru the quest list and it is not funny to see i will have to create 80 000 more goods for the quest, i stop making ancient artifacts until that quests will come (4 quests to go)

dikke ikke

yes but for the 80000 luxuries, you need to produce enough artifacts and for that you need enough shrimps, luckily i have some 15000+ spare shrimps to turn into artifacts, just don't know yet if that is enough for 80000 luxuries, i will have to transform my whole fleet from small collector ships to small pirate ships (check on us3)

Yogi Dave

80K luxuries is really the same 20K artifacts since they are produced 4 times as fast.
Oops, my mistake. 80K shrimp take the same amount of production as 20K keys (artifacts). 80K pearls (luxuries) take twice the production time as 20K keys. So that quest is double the 20K key one. :(