• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter 17 - Traders of Unur - Discussion

dikke ikke

just made the calculation, i will need 14k extra artifacts (1 day work) for the 80k of pearls (3 days work) that is 4 more days to collect KP :)

Deleted User - 3932582

just made the calculation, i will need 14k extra artifacts (1 day work) for the 80k of pearls (3 days work) that is 4 more days to collect KP :)
Don't know what kind of footprint you're running, but with 12/12/14 small ships I can barely produce 5k worth of artifacts in 1 day. So 14k in a day sounds quite unlikely.

Yogi Dave

Don't know what kind of footprint you're running, but with 12/12/14 small ships I can barely produce 5k worth of artifacts in 1 day. So 14k in a day sounds quite unlikely.
I looked at @dikke ikke's city. There are 32 collector ships and the 3 flagships. That's all. Maybe they will all be switched out for the next good. I'm doing a mix that varies according to need, but not near that aggressive, if that's the right word for it.

edeba

Oh, you probably won't like Chapter 18 either. Especially if you thought that 3hr max productions are bad. How would you feel about even shorter max cycles? ;)

It's good that you stopped there, because if you thought 20K of artifacts was bad, then 10 quests later there is one to collect 80,000 luxuries. No, it's not a typo.

I actually did a lot of 15 minute resets because that was giving 3 times the resources/hour then doing 3 hour resets and it was taking up so much room. If you allocated it a reasonable amount of space I think the chapter probably takes about 6 months. So have a huge timeline where squad size is going up and it takes a very long time to get the tech to somewhat offset the increasing costs.

I figured there'd be another quest for an obscene amount of other guest race goods. That was just a horrible designed questline and it shall just sit there until decline is opened. Chapter 16 I got to quest where I decided I wasn't devoting that kind of space and that was that, but chapter 17 I gave it a go and did commit the space and so to be blocked by the same kind of problem that blocked so many people earlier, Inno doesn't learn.

edeba

I looked at @dikke ikke's city. There are 32 collector ships and the 3 flagships. That's all. Maybe they will all be switched out for the next good. I'm doing a mix that varies according to need, but not near that aggressive, if that's the right word for it.
There isn't enough teleport spells to be switching out unless you just haven't used them and had a stockpile.

Yogi Dave

There isn't enough teleport spells to be switching out unless you just haven't used them and had a stockpile.
Agree. I don't think they are being switched out. Just replaced with different ships. Interesting, perhaps unique, way of handling it. It takes a lot of unurium, but that city can produce more than 100K a day.

My mix isn't changing by much. I currently have 91 teleport spells and have used them miserly, though the number of them is holding steady instead of growing. Since I'm an end of chapter person, there has been plenty of time to stockpile them. I've mainly used them to rebalance goods production. Now I've used some to store a few buildings to make room for the ch 17 guest race which has a footprint of 742 tiles. So far I've used 10 to swap small ships but they get replenished in the spire.

DeletedUser13561

So no quest line I can find? I finished all the techs last week, but finishing up this quest line is tiresome, would be nice to have an inkling. to be ready. Creating 80K of LL after you are pretty much done with them is painful .......

Yogi Dave

So no quest line I can find? I finished all the techs last week, but finishing up this quest line is tiresome, would be nice to have an inkling. to be ready. Creating 80K of LL after you are pretty much done with them is painful .......
I posted this link CH 17 Quest List Text File Nov. 17 in the News from Beta thread and referenced it in this thread the same day. Not that it does you any good now, but it was out there.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
They finally did it. This chapter is so boring and drug out so long between accomplishing anything that I am dreading logging in. It just feels like the same treadmill of Spire & Tournament plus a huge area for a settlement that feels like an incredible waste of time to crawl to each research. In the meantime I have bunches of favorite things in storage for a stupid long time from what I’m seeing.

CHANDY

I'm in chapter 17, 6 weeks now, I find it laborious to say the least. The bldgs take up a tremendous amount of space insuring less bldgs to produce needed goods while the goods count is far to low to make any sense. As of right now I'm at the 4th branch and need 6000 shrimp to advance, I can only produce 413 per 6 hrs so it takes time. Also needed are 190k of obsidian I must trade for but that takes from me the goods needed for the next branch. All in all this isn't traumatic but quite time consuming so go with extreme patience this is going to be a very long chapter with little payoff. I don't understand the reasoning behind the thinking here at elvenar, The game itself has become very dull with little payoff in anything, so much so 1/2 my fellowship has ceased playing which I understand. As I said this has become laborious, sadly too many of you go along with the concept this has turned into. We used to have good contests that paid off with great bldgs and prizes but that has gone the way of the dodo bird, extinct. We are left with yawns and lack of ideas that could make this fun again.

T6583

For the quests that require you to sell 3 of the small ships (not quite there yet but only 2-3 quests away) does teleporting them out count or do you actually have to sell them?

CHANDY

Haha, if you think that 6k is a lot, check out requirements for the last 3 columns, and weep ;)
next column is 24000 shrimp so theres no weeping, just the fact the numbers are ridiculous. This isn't complaining minmax, it's pointing out a need to rethink the procedure of gaming

Shidhel

4 tech left. Closing in on the end.
Completely miserable experience.
Did anybody enjoy this chapter?

Worst chapter ever. I probably won't finish it for another 6 months. The portal profits were absolutely worthless this time around. All I am doing is logging on once or twice a day just to collect the portal stuff. :(

Socrates28

Slow certainly. Worst ever, IMO, no.
Each chapter has caused me to reevaluate the buildings I have and the process with which I use those buildings. Each was a different challenge and each had a different solution. I solved it and have moved on, just like I did through all the previous chapters. Each taught me something that worked and something that did not work.
As I have said before, everything in this game is a problem (challenge) until it is not. First it was coins, then supplies, then goods, then ......... Each of us have overcome them as they we came to them, and I will do it again and again until I can play no more.
I thank each and every one who has posted on these Forums, both positive and negative, for the insights they have given me and I look forward to more of the same.

CHANDY

4 tech left. Closing in on the end.
Completely miserable experience.
Not only did I not enjoy it I quit it. This has become a painful experience that I can no longer afford. I come on 1-2x per week to polish fellowship and see whats happening. Question,
how many new players, compared to those like me leaving?

Yogi Dave

I have, but then I've enjoyed them all, though some more than others. It took me a little while to figure this one out, but it's going smoothly now. I'm around 2/3 through it.
Not only did I not enjoy it I quit it. This has become a painful experience that I can no longer afford. I come on 1-2x per week to polish fellowship and see whats happening.
I can see how coming on once or twice a week would make the chapter pretty much unplayable. The Ascended goods decay and the hundreds of badges needed for techs that can only be made 5 at a time. Each badge requiring 36 medals means a lot of time making medals which have their own requirements.