• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter 18 "Team Spirit" discussion

Kekune

I have already unlocked all three ascended goods manufactories.
It's in the next column after you unlock the factory upgrades. There's a stack of 4 techs; the top one is the trader upgrade. The 3rd one down is the production boost.

vermp

In research, like in previous chapters with all the goods and boosts. This is probably a dumb question, but have you started chapter 18 yet?
Yes I have started chapter 18 and have unlocked 4 researches in the tech tree. I've begun making and trading ascended goods. I just wonder why my boosted ascended good is locked?

Socrates28

Is there any idea on how many of the building, or sets of buildings, which seems to work for this new chapter?
I am doing the research and planning my layout. I do not expect to get through this chapter too fast.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Is there any idea on how many of the building, or sets of buildings, which seems to work for this new chapter?
I am doing the research and planning my layout. I do not expect to get through this chapter too fast.
I am not playing this chapter yet. I have seen layouts including 3 of each Element with a reminder to put out some Welcome Squares.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
The only layout I've seen is in this post. It includes 3 of each element and several Welcome Squares and appears to show the space that will be taken up when the portal is fully upgraded. From the Italian blog page (here - Use google translate) none of the other settlement bldgs appear to change sizes, but there are no sample layouts there.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I'm confused :( I did read the beta forum since chapter18 was introduced there. I think I understand the merchant pretty well from that. What I don't understand is that I can see Ascended Goods offers in the Trader but not all of them have the merchant hat symbol next to them. What is the difference? And, if trades are able to be posted besides the merchant, why can't I find how to do that?

I also read that the Welcome Squares aren't needed, except for quests, because that is what Portal Profit instants contribute. I wasn't planning to build them until quests demanded. Is this plan a mistake on my part?

dikke ikke

this is layout i am planning to use

1620314892494.png

Attachments

• 1620314839540.png
    1620314839540.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 2,353

Pheryll

Set Designer
There is a quest to have 12 Elemental hubs, one to have 4 of those at level 2, and another to have 6 Welcome squares. The portal changes size as it is upgraded, but the other Settlement buildings do not.
You missed quest 50- Own at least 12 level 3 elemental centers and welcome 10,000 humans to the park

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
What I don't understand is that I can see Ascended Goods offers in the Trader but not all of them have the merchant hat symbol next to them. What is the difference?
When the cooldown of the merchant slot that was used to create the trade expires (or is skipped), the hat icon is removed from the trader

• When a player trades with a merchant, there is a new player trade in the "Accept offers" tab for the goods amounts that were traded with the merchant.
  • The trade is deleted automatically after 7 days (just like all other trades).
  • This trade displays the little Merchant icon (the hat) in the Accept Offers tab.
  • When the cooldown of the merchant slot that was used to create the trade expires (or is skipped), the hat icon is removed from the trade.
  • When a trade is accepted while the merchant slot is still on cooldown the cooldown is reduced to 0.
  • When a player accepts one of these trades, they receive/pay the indicated goods. The offering player does not receive or pay any goods at this time (because they already did so when creating the offer through the merchant)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@helya I have not seen this mentioned anywhere here or on the Beta forum, so I do not know if this is intended function or a bug. Anyway, everyone watch out when you upgrade your Trader for chapter 18, because if you have the production set to Unurium, it will reset to Seeds on finishing the upgrade, and you will lose a collection of Unurium, because you will not know anything changed until you see those Seeds waiting to be collected.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya I have not seen this mentioned anywhere here or on the Beta forum, so I do not know if this is intended function or a bug. Anyway, everyone watch out when you upgrade your Trader for chapter 18, because if you have the production set to Unurium, it will reset to Seeds on finishing the upgrade, and you will lose a collection of Unurium, because you will not know anything changed until you see those Seeds waiting to be collected.
I'm not sure if it's intended, but I did it to myself a few days ago. Thanks for posting the warning because I'd forgotten about it.

Socrates28

this is layout i am planning to use
Both yours and the one earlier show 3 of each Guest race Mfg and some Welcome Stations. Will that be enough to get through the chapter in a reasonable (I know subjective opinion) period of time? In the layout of my city I could get 4 of each and 8 WSs.

bluespotteam

if anyone wants an overview to the chapter, the link below has some good info. IT'S IN ITALIAN. auto translate does a decent enough job taking care of that. i've confirmed the quests thru #8.

Does someone link on english?

dikke ikke

The plan for my city should be enough to do all the requests of chapter 18, i don't know how much time it will take to finish the chapter with this layout, i don't have all the settlement buildings unlocked yet so i did not yet made a rough calculation. Normally if you have more settlement production buildings you will finish the chapter faster.