• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter 18 "Team Spirit" discussion

Ivy1996

So far, this merchant system is not quite working for me. I boost ascended steel
To upgrade the portal to level 2 I need ascended planks. So I trade it with the merchants. I currently have three active. However, without spending timer boosts to refresh them, it will take me three days to trade the goods. Merchants very seldom return early to me. Unfortunately to build the hubs I need ascended marble which I also don't boost.

I have two ascended manufactories but since I produce way more then I can trade with only one manufactory I consider removing the other one. I think I have just bad luck with my boost.

Edit: I just noticed that I can accept trades in the offers page. In my world unfortunately a lot of ascended steel is offered(my boost) but not much else.

Last edited:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Does someone link on english?
Ah I do love the Zombie Knights blog spot. Beta tester @Primrose Sylvia does some fantastic work there. Google will translate for you. You can take part of the event quest list and compare hers to Gems, to get a feel for how the translation works.

Yogi Dave

However, without spending timer boosts to refresh them, it will take me three days to trade the goods.
Someone in my FS said, "Time Instants are the new Portal Profits."

I suspect in the long run as more people enter ch 18, and players spread out in the tech tree, everyone won't all be looking for the same A1 goods at the same time. It's always tougher to be the trail blazer. But in many ways, it can be more fun.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Now I’m more confused! Why would the merchant be showing 6 hours instead of 2 :eek: Just going from bad to worse??

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Now I’m more confused! Why would the merchant be showing 6 hours instead of 2 :eek: Just going from bad to worse??

The Merchant is always a 6-hour cooldown, if no one accepts the trade before then. You get the goods instantly, and your trade is also posted in the Trader for other chapter 18 players to accept. The Merchant is available again whenever someone takes the trade or 6 hours pass, whichever happens first. So if you can get together with a few other players, who have the other two boosts, you all can keep instantly sending merchants and accepting each other's merchant trades, and swap around goods quickly, even with the low amount per trade.

Steelhail

Wow, over 25 pages of trades on Sinya of people trying to get rid of their ingot ascended goods. No help from the wholesaler. I miss sentient goods.

Kekune

So...I see how the ascended goods can/will be a pain for some folks. And they will probably be for me, at some point, simply because that seems to be my lot in Elvenar. But at the moment, on US4, I am apparently one of very few people producing minerals. I've never been boosted in anything that's in high demand. I feel like the geeky girl in a rom-com who has a makeover and suddenly everybody realizes she's awesome. I'm gonna revel in that for a few minutes. I'm sure it won't last long, but right now it's fun. :)

(As a scroll/gum/bismuth producer constantly at odds with the moonstone set, I've had my fair share of crummy trading. I really do empathize with anybody fighting the merchant mechanic and lack of trading partners right now. I hope in the long run it works as is seemingly intended to make trading more effective regardless of boost.)

StinkMan

ok, might help if i read. all the different icon thingies threw me off. i guess all the portal makes is badges of team spirit. man, did i miss that train! i did get to mention that treasure of the sierra madre movie tho, so not a total loss i spose.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
so my question is this. i have everything built except the welcome squares. my portal's at level 2, the hubs are all at 1. how the hell am i to produce the badges of team spirit? cause this isn't the treasure of the sierra madre. I NEED SOME STINKIN BADGES!
Ah I have a friend who mentions that every Adventure. It's not FA without Jay's stinkin' badges!

Ivy1996

After some initial problems trading my ascended steel for ascended marble, things are alright now. Many of my trades have been picked up and since the start I was able to build 16 hubs. So far, I've been progressing through the chapter pretty easily. There are many researches, but since they are all small I do have progress daily. So far the chapter is entertaining.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The last technologies for this chapter have odd prerequisites. The mercenary camp upgrade requires only two of the technologies from the previous column. This means that all the T2 and T3 upgrade technologies can be skipped as well as the final main hall, residence, and workshop technologies along with a culture technology. On the other hand, a wonder technology requires all four techs of the previous column. If the next chapter only requires the mercenary camp tech as a prerequisite, then there may be issues with some players taking upgrade technologies for buildings that they skipped the prior chapter.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
After some initial problems trading my ascended steel for ascended marble, things are alright now. Many of my trades have been picked up and since the start I was able to build 16 hubs. So far, I've been progressing through the chapter pretty easily. There are many researches, but since they are all small I do have progress daily. So far the chapter is entertaining.

You know me :rolleyes: I can't resist doing the buildings first and then really buckling down on the chapter. I've done that since the very beginning so it just doesn't feel right if I don't do at least enough upgrades to get my building plan started. I just finished T2 upgrades so onward to building the rest of my settlement :) I do agree with you that this chapter doesn't appear to be filled with dread so I'm liking it so far, especially compared to chapter 17. I have resigned myself to the expectation that this will take longer than I would prefer.

StinkMan

i've been keeping track of the chapter 18 quests for my fs, but there were a couple of declineable quests early on that i neglected to record. i was hoping yall could help me out with the rewards as well as the location of these 2 quests:

9 hr ingots production
3 hr ingots production

if you could tell me which quests come before and after these 2, i'll know where to put them on my questlist.

thanks!