• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter 18 "Team Spirit" discussion

Socrates28

Okay, I am at the 280 badge Techs. the question is which one do I update first and then wait about a week to get the next. Drone Rider has been sitting on my quest line for a month now, I am thinking about it. In my other city, I need to update gems and I am leaning toward that, but both can wait. Any best one? TY
If goods are not really a problem I would do the Drone Rider first as you can use them in all your fights.

sam767

Does upgrading the portal to level 2 (120-140%) improve hub production? If it just the portal production, it is not a valuable upgrade given my small mountain of PPs.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Does upgrading the portal to level 2 (120-140%) improve hub production? If it just the portal production, it is not a valuable upgrade given my small mountain of PPs.

Nothing changes portal production to more than 1 badge per production. Portal upgrade and BTG increase Hub production.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
With the addition of 4-star troops in this chapter to research and use, it was expected enemy 4-star troops would start showing up too. It may have been mentioned by someone on a forum somewhere already, but I can confirm that world map fights starting with Ring 18 include enemy 4-star squads. The fights are a mix of 3-star and 4-star in Ring 18, so Ring 19, or maybe Ring 20, is where it will completely switch over to all 4-star enemies.

Yogi Dave

Simplification of Badge Creation

Chapter 18 badge creation can seem a bit daunting at first and a bit of a pain keeping medals balanced for doing the trials in the gate to make the badges. At least one aspect of it can be simplified. Instead of 4 hub types, only 3 are needed - Earth, Wind, and Fire. In each of those hubs only 2 of the 3 medals need to be made. Elemental babies still need to be made in them. Only 1 of the 5 types of trials in the gate is needed to be make the badges - Fire Tornado Trial.

The Fire Tornado Trial requires an equal number of Conductor, Camper and Pilot medals. 2 of each of those medals are made in the 3 hubs. To make a medal also requires Elemental babies. For these 3 medals, only babies from the 3 hubs are needed. The following table shows the relationships.

Hub TypeMedal MadeElemental Baby
Earth​
Conductors​
Wind​
Earth​
Campers​
Fire​
Wind​
Pilots​
Fire​
Wind​
Conductors​
Earth​
Fire​
Pilots​
Wind​
Fire​
Campers​
Earth​

Making 4 of each of the hubs will produce a bit more medals than badges can be produced in the gate, but 2 hour time instants take care of that.

The 3 race types made in the Welcome Squares are still needed, but Portal Profits make them so the buildings aren't needed, except for the story line quest.
Note: This doesn't speed anything up. The chapter is still as slow as dirt. Actually, this might make it more boring. I wish I'd have known this before being almost done.

Considerations for the story quest line:
There is a quest for having 12 hubs.

The only need for the water hub is quests 27 and 50. 27 requires 1 to be built. After that quest is done, teleport it and bring it back for quest 50 which requires 100 water babies to be made and 400 medals made using water babies. 100 water babies are enough for 400 medals. These medals can be made in the other hubs you have, barely disrupting their normal production. The quest will take maybe 2 days and those medals can be used to do a few other trials.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Yogi Dave I was doing that for a good chunk of the chapter, which meant I was not doing the quests right away. When I decided to go ahead and do the quests, in case I finished all the research before chapter 19 probably arrives at the end of October, I did the math on the badges and realized it did not matter if you focused on doing five of one badge or one of each of the five badges, a full set of five productions in the Portal used 180 medals. If you look at each Badge, for five productions, each one either requires 90/60/30, in various order, or 60/60/60, so I ended up building and fully upgrading three Water Hubs to go with the others I had already built. The key to being most efficient is to either make one of each Badge every time you fill the Portal or all of the same Badge each time, making either of the badges that require 12 of each of three medals, to keep things balanced. Ever since I realized this, I make one of each Badge for each production run and that requires 30 of each of the six medals, or 180 total each time.

Yogi Dave

@Enevhar Aldarion I also had realized that doing all 5 trials took the same amount of each medal and that seemed like an easy way to do it. The problem for me was when I collected fewer than 5 medals, I'd start more to fill up the 5 slots. If I came back in and all 5 were ready to be collected I didn't know which badge was the last one I'd set, so usually, I'd start with the 1st one which unbalanced the amounts of each medal. Nor really a big deal and was easily dealt with. The advantage of the above method is you don't have to keep track of anything to keep it balanced. It just seems it would reduce the number of mistakes. However, it might make the chapter more boring since no thought needs to go into balancing medal production due to an inadvertent imbalance in trials used.

BTW, I very much enjoy (and am frustrated by) doing the story line guest and reading what the people who slide in from the left when most quests are finished have to say. Some chapters are better than others with their stories.

sam767

I just got my drone rider II and it is as awesome as the other CH18 units. So far, none of the enemy has gone to level 4 in the tournament and spire. Is that in the works? I'm hoping to cruise for a few months.

I still have a long way to go in the chapter (11 tech). That said, when should CH19 be released?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I just got my drone rider II and it is as awesome as the other CH18 units. So far, none of the enemy has gone to level 4 in the tournament and spire. Is that in the works? I'm hoping to cruise for a few months.

I still have a long way to go in the chapter (11 tech). That said, when should CH19 be released?

Yep, I have only seen 4-star enemies on the world map. I am not sure where they start, but I can verify in Ring 18 for sure.

If they stick to their appr. 6-month release schedule, chapter 19 will hit Beta mid-Oct and go Live end of Oct/start of Nov.

Also, I just finished chapter 18. Took me 4 1/2 months, but others in my fellowship finished it a week or two before me, though I don't know which researches they left incomplete, but I did every single optional one already.

Yogi Dave

So far, none of the enemy has gone to level 4 in the tournament and spire. Is that in the works?
Since they only use troops that we can't make in tourney and spire battles, a new troop type for them will have to be created. They do use one of the troops we make in each prov type in the world map which is why they are showing up there.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Ring 18 Silk province encounter with 5 enemy squads and squad size of 6557 and a mix of 3 and 4-star enemies.

Here is the 3-star enemy Cerberus:

Screenshot (46).png

And here is the new 4-star enemy Cerberus:

Screenshot (45).png

Notice how the 4-star is actually slower, but has a larger movement, damage is higher while health is lower, and the special ability goes from -20% to -30% for your unit's attack.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
That is just a name to me. They are both two-headed dogs.
Looking in the Wiki (so I can't compare the attack or the health since Wiki gives only per unit numbers), the 3* Hellhound has a movement of 7 and an initiative of 7. For those 2 features, the only thing that changed for the 4* was a +1 to the movement; the initiative is the same as always.
(As a manual fighter, I prefer facing the hellhounds since their initiative holds them back until after the frog; the cerebus goes before the frog. I really wanted those to be 4* cerebus stats, lol!)