• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter 19: Revenge of the Exile - discussion

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Heads up! In the Italian list of quests 53 is sell 5 towers of light and darkness. I thought we could get all of those out of the way already :( Already built the 144 towers of light and finished all but 4 towers of darkness. Oh well! Looks like I'll have to make 6 extra towers to complete that quest.

At least you don't need all 10 out at one time before you sell them. ;)

Yogi Dave

I've upped my count of breaders to 14, at least until I get the fortress tech and begin taking my breaders to level 3 and 4. I've even designed a plan to get 13 to level 4 leaving 1 at level 3. But will have to see if the upgrade cost will slow down chapter progression or not. In orcs, taking the shroomers to level 4 would have slowed down progress.

Khalani

Keep us posted on that please. I'm still trying to get my black matter done :-D Cant get the goods yet to upgrade breeders to level 2. I looked at it and with the space I have I'm currently better off with them all at level 1. Doesnt seem to be enough of an increase to sell what I would need to for the level 2's

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I really wish I had thought to do a screen shot of my resources at the start of chapter 19 about a month ago, but here is one for maybe the halfway mark for the chapter. See those orcs? I can't remember exact numbers, but I am pretty sure I had close to 2 million of them when I started the chapter. The mana was also down to almost zero a couple of days ago, from a starting amount of somewhere around 7-8 million, or maybe more. Seeds and Unurium have both also hit almost zero over the past month. This chapter has really chewed through these resources, so if you are in an earlier chapter and reading this, and think you have more than enough of this stuff, no, you can never have enough.

Screenshot (70).png

Khalani

I agree. My orcs are still ok but the rest are even lower than yours lol. I am also about halfway through the research almost to my upgrade of the fortress so I will slow waaay down now. I still have a lot to do before I complete that research. I have to say that I do like this chapter except for not being able to get the ascended goods but thats to be expected when they are so new. And the story line so far is a little dark so am hoping there is a light at the end of the tunnel and good still prevails :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Just to build 144 Towers of Light, and to upgrade 72 of them to Towers of Darkness to get the 72 Dark Matter for the portal upgrades, requires 750,000 orcs. I have done some upgrades that used orcs that I could have saved until after the chapter was done, which would have given me more orcs for the required stuff, but I don't like waiting. lol

Khalani

I am working on the towers of darkness now but I have to build towers of light and upgrade to towers of dark and those goods arent coming in fast enough lol. One thing I do like about the merchants is you have to put out fair trades. It doesnt allow anything else. But it means it will take longer. I'll just work on more of my AW's while I wait for them

sam767

Silly question. Hoe do I make a Crystal Ball in a level Crystal? Alairi's Dagger didn't work

LordVorKon

Well now I'm just annoyed. See, I like following the chapter quest line. I think it adds something to the often nearly-mindless grind of producing thousands of Resource X or millions of Resource Y.

But now I come to a quest that says 'upgrade your training grounds'. And it's not declineable. Guess what i don't have, don't want, and have never needed? If you guessed 'training grounds', give yourself a cookie.

So, I guess this is decision time, huh? Do I give up on the chapter quests (which is half the point of doing the chapter at all, for me)? Put the chapter on hold until ch.20 comes out in 5-7ish months and I can skip this one roadblock? Or bite the bullet and spend the next 3-5 weeks -- not to mention the half-a-million-plus orcs and other resources -- building a building I don't want and won't really use?

Sigh.
/rant

No, I don't really expect anyone to answer any of the above questions. But I am frustrated that the quest chain writers didn't make this quest declineable. It's almost as if the devs believe there's only one 'right way' to play their game, which is apparently all combat, all the time.

Iyapo1

No, I don't really expect anyone to answer any of the above questions. But I am frustrated that the quest chain writers didn't make this quest declineable. It's almost as if the devs believe there's only one 'right way' to play their game, which is apparently all combat, all the time.
Have you tried asking support? The worst answer you could get is a no, and your already there so nothing to lose. Send helya a mail and ask....and never mention it again if she helps you.

LordVorKon

Have you tried asking support?

No, of course not. Even if that is the solution to this Gordian Knot, I still find it super discouraging that the quests are designed this way. Maybe that's not logical. Probably isn't. But nevertheless, that's how I feel about it.

Khalani

No, of course not. Even if that is the solution to this Gordian Knot, I still find it super discouraging that the quests are designed this way. Maybe that's not logical. Probably isn't. But nevertheless, that's how I feel about it.
I know quite a few players that dont build the military except for what they have to for the quests. What tourney they do, they cater so they build more goods manuf. In any game that has to try to balance all kinds of players, there are always those situations that come up that you really cant change. I asked in another thread about being able to decline 2nd and 3rd residence upgrades when you have all magic houses. The answer I was given was that it would be difficult to separate some of the quests from the research. Also that it would effect any futures residences I might need/want to build which is true. I'm not a programmer so I respect that. It bites sometimes though so I understand your frustration.

Last edited: