• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter 19: Revenge of the Exile - discussion

I have started chapter 19, and overdid my preparation for this chapter, so if anyone can use my notes then you can find them here:

Note that I have only just started the chapter, so I may change my plan when I actually play the chapter... If anyone has any suggestions for changes please let me know!
Thanks, I'm saving a copy to use when I eventually get there.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
It's been almost exactly 1 year since this chapter was announced. At the time it was announced, I had my cities parked at the start of chapter 16. However I use Rangers and Cerberus a lot and I thought getting promotions for them was a worthy goal, so this chapter is what spurred me to resume advancing through the tech tree. In a year's time I've done chapters 16, 17, and 18. Currently about a month into this chapter. But it looks like it is going to be a prolonged slog making all the creatures necessary to unlock tech advances.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Ok, I have my Fortress of Revenge upgraded to L3. My Breeding Facilities are all at L2 and I am currently working on the tech to upgrade them further. I have already made enough Ultimate Creatures to unlock the Breeding Facility upgrade. Should I keep making Ultimate Creatures? Doing so will slow down my accumulation of Creatures of the Light. Or should I stop for now? I guess what I am really asking is: will Creatures of Light and Dark be the bottleneck in the last half or the chapter? Or will Ultimate Creatures be the bottleneck?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have my Fortress of Revenge to L3. Although I am still a long ways off in the tech tree from the final upgrade, I am getting close to having enough dark matter to do it. Once I get all the dark matter I need, is it possible to get rid of the Towers to free up space to upgrade my Breeding Facilities? And just run my Breeding Facilities off of portal profits? I do have a decent stockpile of PPs and I top the spire weekly. I am just not sure how expensive running everything solely off PPs will be for the rest of the chapter.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@Henroo Yes I used portal profits for White and Black Magic as soon as I had enough Light and Black Matter from selling Towers. Getting all the Towers out of the way early saved me lots of space.

So can't find anything about this. Upgraded my fortress to lvel 4. But the following quest states produce featherweight chainmail. Now I know it's a flying powder, but flying powder is not my boost, so my silk factory is not yet upgraded. Do I have to upgrade my silk to be able to make a featherweight chainmail?

How stupid, upgrade a nonboosted factory that provides no benefit at the moment for 1 quest. I've upgraded all the factories that made the goods for this chapter. An upgraded silk is not even needed for the next chapter based on my boosts.

Thank you @maeter75

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
How stupid, upgrade a nonboosted factory that provides no benefit at the moment for 1 quest. I've upgraded all the factories that made the goods for this chapter. An upgraded silk is not even needed for the next chapter based on my boosts.

You are in chapter 19, so that means all three tier 2 goods are boosted for you. One is your standard goods, one is your sentient goods, and one is your ascended goods, so all three should already be leveled up.

You are in chapter 19, so that means all three tier 2 goods are boosted for you. One is your standard goods, one is your sentient goods, and one is your ascended goods, so all three should already be leveled up.
Yes, I do know that...but my boosted ascended is not flying powder, it is wonderwax. Flying powder is definitely nonboosted. I have all my boosted goods upgraded, and actually had started the boosted factory for the next chapter, which for me would be the dust factory ithink. I have to go back and check. But this quest is asking for a non boosted good, that's for sure, because the factory in question only makes a few thousand per production. Thank you though.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yes, I do know that...but my boosted ascended is not flying powder, it is wonderwax. Flying powder is definitely nonboosted. I have all my boosted goods upgraded, and actually had started the boosted factory for the next chapter, which for me would be the dust factory ithink. I have to go back and check. But this quest is asking for a non boosted good, that's for sure, because the factory in question only makes a few thousand per production. Thank you though.

Right. I am just saying all three types of tier two factories should be at max level, or close to it, in chapter 19, so having to build a new factory and level it up to make any of the standard, sentient or ascended goods from it, boosted or not, should not be necessary.

Right. I am just saying all three types of tier two factories should be at max level, or close to it, in chapter 19, so having to build a new factory and level it up to make any of the standard, sentient or ascended goods from it, boosted or not, should not be necessary.
Yes, thankfully I've done that as I've gone...I only have to upgrade a little. But I always focused on what the "next" boost would be, and left the others until later. It's just the surprise, and point. This was such a tedious chapter to begin with, so to have that surprise, just makes it more so. I really thought it HAD to be an error!! LOL

Ihrlaen

Why build 10 Breeding Facilities when you can build 20 at more than twice the price?!?

20 Breeding Facilities.jpg
EA_20 BF.jpg
Homeless and Happy.jpg

Mighty Peach

I am in Dwarves on my main city right now. I'll start getting ready for this chapter right now!

Now where should I place this flower pot. Hmmm.

EarthbornIcarus

ooh, Hiya, Dave! Nice to see you. I'm hating this creepy chapter! I only have space for 3 towers so far, as I have around 15 genies out, while I had the space after selling portals & bldgs. Took a break, but now...it looks like it will take for-freaking-ever to make that white matter stuff, if only 1 per tower sale.