• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter 20, The Power of Music - Discussion

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I just finished chapter 19. If I go ahead and build the Harmony Grove, will I be able to teleport it out when we get a fellowship adventure in a week or so? Or should I just wait?

Pheryll

Set Designer
I thought that there were some chapters where the portal could be teleported? Or maybe I am thinking of other guest race buildings. The rules seem to change from chapter to chapter..
Buildings that are limited in number cannot be teleported to avoid creating too many instances of them.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
In the Amuni chapter, you could build a level 1 workshop or residence. Then you could move it anywhere in your city. Even if the L1 WS or residence was no longer touching a road, it would still count as a connection for a Gold Smith or Trap Maker. Once I figured this out it really helped me make my settlement in that chapter. Will I be able to use this trick in this chapter for the Flute Maker, Violin Maker, and Drum Maker with a L1 manufactory?

Pheryll

Set Designer
In the Amuni chapter, you could build a level 1 workshop or residence. Then you could move it anywhere in your city. Even if the L1 WS or residence was no longer touching a road, it would still count as a connection for a Gold Smith or Trap Maker. Once I figured this out it really helped me make my settlement in that chapter. Will I be able to use this trick in this chapter for the Flute Maker, Violin Maker, and Drum Maker with a L1 manufactory?
I am guessing yes (as that pattern has always been the case), but keep in mind that T3 and T2 manufactories are not the small 2x2 buildings you could use in with the Amuni.

I just finished chapter 19. If I go ahead and build the Harmony Grove, will I be able to teleport it out when we get a fellowship adventure in a week or so? Or should I just wait?
I did it, just to collect bars needed for the chapter quest. Transported it, kept the remaining bars, and will place it after the FA

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have not gotten to the Ensembles yet but I am trying to plan and prepare. How is the indirect connection to the Grove going to work? Can an Ensemble indirectly connect using any other Ensemble, or must it be one of the same type? For example, if you want to indirectly connect a Flute Ensemble, can you place it next to a Drum or Violin Ensemble? Or must it be beside another Flute Ensemble?

Pheryll

Set Designer
I did not test it going through chapter 20, but others have stated that the type of ensemble does not matter for connecting to the grove. Thus a violin can connect indirectly through a drum.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I see that I will need to build Ensembles in order to upgrade my Harmony Grove. Is that the only use for the Ensembles or do they provide other benefits?

Emaj

Ch20 done, all research, all quests.
Started 26th Oct, done today 18/12, so just under two months.
I did push fairly aggressively to get through, exhausting gold and time instants, most of portal profits, buying KP with coins and goods etc, as it was the last chapter.

It was a balancing act though on resources, I did use teleports readily to change buildings in and out to suit.

I have gone back and completed more skipped research in earlier chapters in preparation of the Cauldron. I have 3 more Marble Mfgs and 2 more Gem Mfgs to upgrade from 33 to 34 as soon as the builder is free again. Will focus on Ancient Wonders and preparing for whatever Ch21 will be now. I will build some more Ascended Mfgs to put into storage as I suspect the next chapter will use Ascended Goods heavily again.

6 of each maker was very useful once I could upgrade the Harmony Grove, but 3-4 should be enough, others are getting through with less. Will save lots of seeds to not use so many makers.

I have commenced upgrading all my roads to Ritual Roads, nearly done.

I am also taking @Yogi Dave 's advice and saving up all my Vision Vapor now, to use in Ch21.

This chapter was enjoyable and much faster than Ch19 thankfully. I have also reached a goal I set very early on, to reach the end of the last chapter. When I started in Aug 2018, chapter 13 had just been released, but I got there in the end.
That's amazing! Thanks for the tips. Question, if I may.
With 3 tiers to the finish game, I am to upgrade Harmony Grove to Level 4. Do I need 6 Ensembles to get the 5 required ? Do you keep the good when you delete and replace? Not when you teleport. I have 5 of each and limited space. Thinking it might be better to do the researches as something doesn't seem right.
The other world I used to play had a glitch and excluded research that was done and I couldn't go any further.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
That's amazing! Thanks for the tips. Question, if I may.
With 3 tiers to the finish game, I am to upgrade Harmony Grove to Level 4. Do I need 6 Ensembles to get the 5 required ? Do you keep the good when you delete and replace? Not when you teleport. I have 5 of each and limited space. Thinking it might be better to do the researches as something doesn't seem right.
The other world I used to play had a glitch and excluded research that was done and I couldn't go any further.
Having enough Ensembles to upgrade the Harmony Grove to level 4 was a pain for me. I did not have enough space to have them all in my city at 1 time. What I did was teleport an Ensemble out of the game every day or 2. I would then build a new copy of that Ensemble in the space vacated. Eventually I got enough of them built. I then teleported most of my Makers and several large manufactories out of the game to free up space and brought all of the Ensembles out of storage. I did the Harmony Grove upgrade. Once you do the upgrade, you are no longer required to have the Ensembles. I sold them off and brough my Makers back out of storage.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@Emaj yes, you need to have 1+2+3=6 of each ensemble in the game at the same time to do the upgrade. @Henroo 's approach works, which is similar to what I did. I'd recommend having fewer makers than I did, you'll get by just fine with only 1 or 2 of each, it just takes longer.

Emaj

@Emaj yes, you need to have 1+2+3=6 of each ensemble in the game at the same time to do the upgrade. @Henroo 's approach works, which is similar to what I did. I'd recommend having fewer makers than I did, you'll get by just fine with only 1 or 2 of each, it just takes longer.
Thanks! I'v been saving seeds and mana just in case.