• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter 20

zalfenior

The one thing we know for sure is that it introduces the Precious/Magic ascended goods. Apart from that theres the Cauldron, but I am unsure if that is going to be Chapter 20 or something for earlier game too. We know absolutely nothing else about the aforementioned features to my knowledge.

Matrickz

And ascended goods decay. I expect the aw in 20 will do the delay meaning we don't see the slowdown until ch 21 which is poor planning

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Haven't finished Ch19 yet, but I am levelling my Ascended Precious Goods Mfg (Dust for me) and will teleport it to the inventory ready to be deployed. Other than that just building up stockpiles of instants and blueprints, and making sure all buildings and roads are at maximum efficiency per tile per hour.

Speculation, but we may see a wonder that reduces ascended goods decay, as we got the Simia Sapiens for Sentient goods.
Likely they will release the 14th row or column for expansions, as the 13x13=169 is now full.

Can hope for an upgraded Magic Academy to lvl 6 perhaps?
Are all troop classes lvl 4 yet?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I actually haven't used dogs in years. If they put out a nice wonder giving free dogs and something else good I will be happy to try them again. Otherwise I can't see them earning a place in my roster. Some nice wonders is my hope for ch 20 but between implementation and getting through the chapter it might take 12mths to actually unlock them ;)

The Unbeliever

Not even close, that has only just begun, 6 out of 15

Ch 18
  • Crossbows/archers
  • Orc strats
  • Drone riders
Ch 19
  • Storm barbarian/sword dancer
  • rangers
  • cerberus
If we don't get at least 1 Mage type unit...

Considering how fethed up the tourny/spire formula is, the 4* upgrades still don't mean much unless you're also slapping down 3-4+ booster buildings AND have a Lv10 Fire Chicken to go along with.
Call me old fashioned, but to me, it should still be possible to at least clear the 1st floor of the Spire + reach 4-5*'s of at least the first 8-10 provinces without requiring any boost buildings... of course, it's not possible at all, because the costs increase far beyond what the meagre upgrades provide, AND, we still have the gak awful terrain creating auto-losses out the wazoo!

But to then also leave us hanging by upgrading the 3 most useless units in the game before say, even just friggin' Banshees get their upgrade is just another example of the devs bending the players over a barrel. (what's next, the genius devs will upgrade all 3 Heavy Infantry because feth actual game playability?! >.< )
The only positive is that the 3 most useless units won't be wasting anymore precious research space, and we can finally start getting some actual useful upgrades for once! :p

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Call me old fashioned, but to me, it should still be possible to at least clear the 1st floor of the Spire + reach 4-5*'s of at least the first 8-10 provinces without requiring any boost buildings... of course, it's not possible at all, because the costs increase far beyond what the meagre upgrades provide, AND, we still have the gak awful terrain creating auto-losses out the wazoo!

Of course it is possible. I have a small chapter 7 city on Beta and, with no military AWs built, none of the temp boost buildings and no Phoenix, using a combination of fighting and catering, I complete the first floor of Spire and 5 stars in 15 provinces.

Ivy1996

I've asked on Facebook if there were plans for a new chapter. I got a reply, but no answer. I hope there will be one. Events are nice, but I like solving a chapter better.

The Unbeliever

Of course it is possible. I have a small chapter 7 city on Beta and, with no military AWs built, none of the temp boost buildings and no Phoenix, using a combination of fighting and catering, I complete the first floor of Spire and 5 stars in 15 provinces.
It's not possible though in the later chapters, which is my main point.

If you suddenly by the time you hit Amunii now *MUST* have at least a Lv10 Fire Chicken + at min an Unleashed Unit + either a Mage or Light Range booster building, just to maintain the exact same minimums as previous, then the game balance is massively out of whack and the devs have miserably failed at their job.
I'm not suggesting the game become stupidly easy. I just think it's a gakfest that by a certain point, you're actively encouraged to stop advancing entirely if you enjoy playing features like the Spire/Tournament...

My Ch8 + Ch9 cities for example can functionally manage to maintain Lv2 of the Spire + 1800pts per week in the tournament with 0 add-on boosters. I just have some buffs from MM/Sanc + Needles, and production boosts from Bulwark + Shrooms. It costs me a reasonable amount, my factories are buffed with numerous event buildings to provide 10,000's of additional goods production for example.
Though catering the 2nd floor entirely in my Ch9 city can get stupid if the RNG demands Orks for 50% or more of the encounters, as Ork production is extremely low early on... (hence why IMHO, Orks + Mana et all, should not be required until +2 chapters beyond their introduction)

On the other hand, my dad's Ch18-19 cities absolutely *MUST* put down at minimum a Dwarven Armourer + UUU+MMM+ELR & feed a Lv10 Fire Chicken to clear the Spire. Without those, even the first floor will have encounters that cannot be fought, either due to the nightmare terrain screw over, and/or terrible enemy unit comp.
And don't even suggest negotiating, since it becomes both unsustainably expensive, AND, requires too many of the limited/decaying resources to even contemplate.

This needs to be rebalanced.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I actually haven't used dogs in years. If they put out a nice wonder giving free dogs and something else good I will be happy to try them again. Otherwise I can't see them earning a place in my roster. Some nice wonders is my hope for ch 20 but between implementation and getting through the chapter it might take 12mths to actually unlock them ;)
The only tournament I use dogs in is the Crystal. It's got a lot of HR + Mages in it and there's no easy combination to use against that. So I go after the mages first and that means dogs to reach them. In combination with my own mages this works well enough but I loose almost all my dogs in the process. Anybody have a different idea against HR and Mages -- especially with a dog thrown into the mix?

AJ

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Anybody have a different idea against HR and Mages
I go all mage same as mucksterme. always plan on a MMM or 2 for that one to help. Often with tourny sub-30 provinces picking a unit that is neutral to 1 and good against 1 is often the best option.

I don't go out past 30-40 provinces and the plans can change the further out you go. If there is a dog in enemy mix I might go all HM depending on mage numbers.

Flashfyre

It's not possible though in the later chapters, which is my main point.

If you suddenly by the time you hit Amunii now *MUST* have at least a Lv10 Fire Chicken + at min an Unleashed Unit + either a Mage or Light Range booster building, just to maintain the exact same minimums as previous, then the game balance is massively out of whack and the devs have miserably failed at their job.
I'm not suggesting the game become stupidly easy. I just think it's a gakfest that by a certain point, you're actively encouraged to stop advancing entirely if you enjoy playing features like the Spire/Tournament...

My Ch8 + Ch9 cities for example can functionally manage to maintain Lv2 of the Spire + 1800pts per week in the tournament with 0 add-on boosters. I just have some buffs from MM/Sanc + Needles, and production boosts from Bulwark + Shrooms. It costs me a reasonable amount, my factories are buffed with numerous event buildings to provide 10,000's of additional goods production for example.
Though catering the 2nd floor entirely in my Ch9 city can get stupid if the RNG demands Orks for 50% or more of the encounters, as Ork production is extremely low early on... (hence why IMHO, Orks + Mana et all, should not be required until +2 chapters beyond their introduction)

On the other hand, my dad's Ch18-19 cities absolutely *MUST* put down at minimum a Dwarven Armourer + UUU+MMM+ELR & feed a Lv10 Fire Chicken to clear the Spire. Without those, even the first floor will have encounters that cannot be fought, either due to the nightmare terrain screw over, and/or terrible enemy unit comp.
And don't even suggest negotiating, since it becomes both unsustainably expensive, AND, requires too many of the limited/decaying resources to even contemplate.

This needs to be rebalanced.
Hmm....strangely, I can regularly hit Silver, and once a month, Gold, in the Spire while only fighting in the Gateway. I cater the rest. And, I'm in the Amuni chapter you referenced and I don't have a Lvl10 Fire bird, nor do I put out all those barely useful UUU/MMM/something something gazpacho things. Probably because I built my city to produce heavy quantities of those decaying goods, since it's better to spend them than to try and hoard them.

So I would heartily disagree with your entire comment, since it seems you believe there is only 1 way to be successful at this. I'm here to tell you, you are wrong.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
About the only reason I haven't quit researching Ch 19 is because Rangers and Dogs are 2 of my 3 favorite troops.
Me too. I had paused my city at the start of ch 16. But when chapter 19 was released with these promotions, I decided it was worthwhile to resume my advance through the tech tree.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I love dogs when I'm up against a mix of archers and mages.
If you have an Enlightened Light Range building active and a fed Fire Phoenix then rangers also work really well against this combo. You will win either way, regardless of if you use dogs or rangers. But under these circumstances I think you will take fewer losses with the rangers. Without the light range building, the dogs are better for this situation.