• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter 8

WidowElspeth

This chapter is my Waterloo. Orc/goblin resources can only be produced at pitiful rates: the big ones, those required to complete Research, require others which have slightly better production rates, and then only produce in tens while Research requires thousands. The game presented Portal Profits way before I could know why they were needed. I should have been saving them, yes, but I didn't know that then, the Wiki pages are thin on explanation (for instance, I still haven't seen where Blueprints come from), and now the opportunities to acquire them are few and far between. Progress through the chapter, through the regular and event quests, is stymied. Unless of course I pour many more lots of dollars into it. I will try to ditch my Ch 8 city, continue with the other I started, slowly, while I reconsider the expenditure of time and treasure.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Orcs is not the nicest chapter. In the early chapters, I disenchanted so many portal profits that once I got to Dwarves, I started kicking myself ... and I have only kicked myself more and more since then.

You can earn a lot of portal profits in the spire, which is where I get most of mine. Those help tremendously. As far as blueprints go, they can only be earned in the 10th chest of a tournament. So unless you are in a fellowship that gets 10 chests, you'll never see them.

Try the spire. If you don't like to fight, try catering (be prepared to spend a LOT of goods, but it's worth it.) Good luck.

Deleted User - 3932582

Orc/goblin resources can only be produced at pitiful rates: the big ones, those required to complete Research, require others which have slightly better production rates, and then only produce in tens while Research requires thousands.
You just need way more mushroom farms than you probably think, and DON'T upgrade them all the way up. This chapter can be done in a month without PPs with big enough settlement (~70 L2 farms/4-5 rally points).

Last edited by a moderator:

WidowElspeth

You just need way more mushroom farms than you probably think, and DON'T upgrade them all the way up This chapter can be done in a month without PPs with big enough settlement (~70 L2 farms/4-5 rally points).
Thanks, now I just have to decide which of my culture- and population-rich items I need to throw away to make space. No problem!
Seriously, thank you for your reply. Something to think about.

Deleted User - 3932582

Thanks, now I just have to decide which of my culture- and population-rich items I need to throw away to make space. No problem!
In Chapter 9 you will need to redo most of your culture, in all likelihood, as you will need to start producing mana. By the way, going negative population and culture for the Orcs chapter is a very viable strategy, and allows you to bump up the settlement size even more (there are some downsides though).

GlamDoll

Thanks, now I just have to decide which of my culture- and population-rich items I need to throw away to make space.

Yeah. I did that too. I now have Event buildings that I wonder if I will ever get back. IDK if that is of any concern to you, but, if it is, it may be food for thought. Especially if you really really like/love them? IF in doubt? Always use a teleport and put it back in inventory, til one is sure...

Or, blast them into oblivion & hope. BTW, bonus. I would have used one on my observatory, had I known this. Live & learn. :)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I went through the whole Orcs in about a month with only 1 rally point and 4 farms ... just enough to focus on my portal, and getting it to level four. Once it was maxed, I just used my portal with portal profits won in the spire or earned with the trading stations (which I won in, you guessed it, the spire). If you can get at least 2 trading stations a month, you can glide through the chapters pretty easily. The trading stations are only 4x2 and they produce one 10 percent pp every 48 hours.

But then, you need a ton of goods to cater the spire, or a ton of pet food and the 5-day upgrades crafted in the MA in order to fight. Either way, expect it to be expensive. Of course, I'm sure you know not to build any non-boost factories. I currently have my boosted factories all maxed to my level, including 8 workshops, 6 planks, 6 silk, and 4 dust factories. I find that enough to cater the spire to the top. I also have 4 maxed armories and a maxed barracks in case I fight, but if you don't have a fire phoenix or several 5-day upgrades crafted in the spire, I wouldn't fight without those. I once hated the spire. Now, I find it's my favorite part of the game.