• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter 9

DeletedUser26243

Starting Chapter 9 n was wondering if it’s best to upgrade my evolving buildings so they start producing mana right away. WillI I need mana in the Spire that is coming up n is it used in the T ? I have been saving my R&R’s to do the upgrades Just now working to unlock the trees that produce mana also so I’m not far at all in to the chapter

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Once you have completed the Advanced Scouts research, everything you win or craft will be for chapter 9. There are several mana buildings in the Winter event that will be starting in a few days. The festival merchant in crafting will also now give you mana when you make new ones.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Once you gain the ability to make something, like mana, orcs, etc, you won't get those things in the spire until the next chapter. So in other words, if you gain the ability to make mana in Chapter 9, you won't see that good asked for in the spire until Chapter 10. I can't remember exactly when you gain abilities for orcs or mana or seeds, but they won't suddenly appear in the spire. You'll have until the next chapter to breathe a little. Starting in the next chapter, then yes, they will appear as items for negotiation in the spire.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Starting Chapter 9 n was wondering if it’s best to upgrade my evolving buildings so they start producing mana right away. WillI I need mana in the Spire that is coming up n is it used in the T ?
Mana will not be a possible catering cost until you advance to the next chapter (Sorcerers and Dragons). However unless you really need the goods your evolving buildings currently produce, I would upgrade them to produce mana now. The more mana you can get from your existing buildings, the less buildings you will need to add to your city to produce mana. Also doing upgrades on them will increase other stuff they provide such as population and culture. Another good mana source is the Mana Plant and Gum Trees from the Moonstone set. Because they are so small it is very easy to upgrade them. And on a square for square basis they are a top mana producer when they have the link bonuses.

DeletedUser26243

Mana will not be a possible catering cost until you advance to the next chapter (Sorcerers and Dragons). However unless you really need the goods your evolving buildings currently produce, I would upgrade them to produce mana now. The more mana you can get from your existing buildings, the less buildings you will need to add to your city to produce mana. Also doing upgrades on them will increase other stuff they provide such as population and culture. Another good mana source is the Mana Plant and Gum Trees from the Moonstone set. Because they are so small it is very easy to upgrade them. And on a square for square basis they are a top mana producer when they have the link bonuses.
Upgraded all that I could to mana- lava egg-mana hut-t of tides- fairy retreat - owl n my sleigh hopefully won’t have to place a bunch of trees. Glad that I have been saving my r&r’s So when this decays it turns back into elixir or just vanishes? Also if I don’t collect till I need it doesn’t decay? Now just a lil more saving n I can catch my gum tree n mana plants. Thanks for helping me out

hvariidh gwendrot

mana and seeds decay, the rate starts at 10% daily but will lessen with certain wonder upgrades, sentient goods convert back to regular goods .. if i understood the question correctly, but used or not the decay effect happens

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Upgraded all that I could to mana- lava egg-mana hut-t of tides- fairy retreat - owl n my sleigh hopefully won’t have to place a bunch of trees. Glad that I have been saving my r&r’s So when this decays it turns back into elixir or just vanishes? Also if I don’t collect till I need it doesn’t decay? Now just a lil more saving n I can catch my gum tree n mana plants. Thanks for helping me out
When mana decays you just straight out lose 10%. It does not transform into anything else. Mana decay happens at 4AM eastern time. And it only will apply to mana which has been collected. Uncollected mana in your buildings is not impacted.

Flashfyre

From Chapter 9 onwards, mana becomes more important as a resource than goods, so upgrade every building that will switch from goods to mana production ASAP; if that's not possible, then start selling off the non-mana producing buildings and replace them with mana producers as they become available.
You cannot...I repeat...CANNOT have too many mana producers in your city. Between the amounts needed for research, for upgrades, and for catering in the Spire and Tourneys, you can easily run short.

Iyapo1

I have gone a little overboard with my mana...I am sitting at the end of chapter 9 (and will be sitting for at least 9 more weeks for blueprints and RRs) my daily mana production is 90k so my break even will be at 900k mana. That is excessive for chapter 9. With chapter 10 upgrades my daily production will increase even more. My biggest concern now is the chapter 10/11 transition from mana to seeds. But given my habits I should have a wonderful Dragon Abby at that point to offset the mana production loss.

Last edited:

Grid Gypsy

If you wish additional mana production, crafting Festival Merchants in the MA are your best bet.
Although I do have a few merchants, I preferred the willows simply because they're 4x the culture. If I had to use the room, I figured it might as well be with buildings that did double duty. I did however immediately change them over to libraries when I hit 10.

Mont Clair

Starting Chapter 9 n was wondering if it’s best to upgrade my evolving buildings so they start producing mana right away. WillI I need mana in the Spire that is coming up n is it used in the T ? I have been saving my R&R’s to do the upgrades Just now working to unlock the trees that produce mana also so I’m not far at all in to the chapter

As most people say here, you will use mana for tournament / Spire starting in chapter 10. I didn't build any weeping willows, focusing instead on My Triumph of the Tides and festival merchants for mana. I thought I had enough, about 200k mana, and then blew everything up upgrading roads. I'm now at about 1k mana, but I reckon by the time I get to next chapter and after all roads are upgraded I'll be OK.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
My biggest concern now is the chapter 10/11 transition from mana to seeds. But given my habits I should have a wonderful Dragon Abby at that point to offset the mana production loss.
When I hit Halflings, I had a mix of Woodelves level and S&D level Festival Merchants making mana. What I did was keep all the S&D level FMs as mana sources. Then I crafted every Halflings level FM I saw and replaced the Woodelves level ones on a 1 for 1 basis. This ended up giving me a good mix of seed and mana production.

It actually was not until the Elementals chapter that I got something better than a S&D level Festival Merchant for mana production on a square for square basis. Although this will depend on which events occur as you are doing Halflings. Some events offer better mana buildings as daily prizes than others. It just so happened that the events which occurred while I was doing Halflings had crappy mana buildings.