• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter Length

DarkKitty

Hi guys,

So, as I enter Chapter 6, I get the feeling from reading posts on the forum that it's going to be a longer amount of time before I hit Chapter 7 as compared to the period between earlier chapters. Is this true? What's the average amount of time someone would spend in a quest race chapter? Thanks!

Aritra

So, as I enter Chapter 6, I get the feeling from reading posts on the forum that it's going to be a longer amount of time before I hit Chapter 7 as compared to the period between earlier chapters. Is this true? What's the average amount of time someone would spend in a quest race chapter? Thanks!
I never kept track of the timeline as I went in and out of chapters. Kinda wish I had as it would have been interesting to know. I can tell you I stayed in 6 significantly longer than previous chapters. Six or seven or eight weeks? I'm really not sure. I couldn't tell you what's average as it seems every player has their own way that affects their pace. I don't rush through chapters. I tend to build a little less and wait longer (I usually never build as many as "they" recommend), but that last week in dwarves I doubled my granite mines just to get the heck out. I'm still in the beginning stages of 7 (haven't built my night farms yet), but I had gotten the feeling that 6 was the beginning of the next level of time/difficulty, meaning expect to take longer than early chapters here on out (some say this is still early but I see it as more of a stage two level). A little planning and patience and you'll get through, though can't say how long you can expect it to take.

DarkKitty

A little planning and patience and you'll get through, though can't say how long you can expect it to take.

Thanks, Aritra. That is literally the reason I asked. I'm not patient! lol

I'll have to start mentally preparing now.

Gryphonwen

It helps if you max out the portal, mines, and foundry as soon as you can. The more mines and foundries you have at level 4, the sooner you'll make it through. Also helps to be in a fellowship since you have access to the tournaments.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I just focus on maxing out my portal, and then use portal profits earned in the spire and elsewhere to power my way through chapters. (Until now; right now I'm taking a hiatus from portal building to concentrate on gathering resources and building up.) If you aren't patient, DarkKitty, you may want to try that ... assuming you get used to the spire. I hated it at first, but now I couldn't live without it. I'm sitting at the top of it at the moment. :)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I just focus on maxing out my portal, and then use portal profits earned in the spire and elsewhere to power my way through chapters. (Until now; right now I'm taking a hiatus from portal building to concentrate on gathering resources and building up.) If you aren't patient, DarkKitty, you may want to try that ... assuming you get used to the spire. I hated it at first, but now I couldn't live without it. I'm sitting at the top of it at the moment. :)

If you aren't patient, DarkKitty, in the long run this may not be the game for you. Each chapter does tend to take longer and longer, partly because as you go up and get into a tournament/Spire/FA focused fellowship your focus changes, and partly because each chapter just takes longer.

So expect delays, the freeways are all closing and eventually you will find the two lane country road between where you are and where you want to be hasn't been paved in a generation. Patients isn't a virtue, it's a necessity the farther you go.

AJ

Henroo

Oh Wise One
It depends on how much space you have in your city or that you can free up. If you can build around 14 granite mines and 5 copper foundries and upgrade them all to level 4 (along with getting the portal to level 4) you can move through Dwarves fairly quickly. Especially if you do so early in the chapter. I've done Dwarves in 3 different worlds and those totals are roughly what I have used each time. Took less than a month in each world. Or you can build a smaller settlement with fewer mines and foundries and then augment the output with some Portal Profits. I would caution you to not use all your PPs right away. You will want to hold some back to use in later guest race chapters.

Last edited:

DarkKitty

Personally I plan on leisurely strolling through dwarves and fairies and then blowing as many PPs as I need to to get through orcs.

Same. It looks to be one of my least favorites. Oddly, I'm looking forward to Hobbits/Halflings. The little farm settlements I've seen around are so cute! There's just something amusing about little Halflings farming produce while your city prepares for battle.

DarkKitty

I'm trying not to think about the super far stuff, doesn't help my impatience. :) But I would like that cat building in the Egyptian chapter...

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Personally I plan on leisurely strolling through dwarves and fairies and then blowing as many PPs as I need to to get through orcs. I am looking forward to zipping through that one.
That is a solid plan for Orcs. It has been my least favorite chapter so far. Just remember you will still need to build a big enough settlement to produce the stuff you need to upgrade your portal to level 4. The portal profits don't make the upgrade goods.

DarkKitty

Just remember you will still need to build a big enough settlement to produce the stuff you need to upgrade your portal to level 4.

I'm making a mental note to spend all my remaining expansions on space for mines and foundries. And will expect to do so moving forward.

I do wish we had more space to place things! That's one of the cool things about holiday events, all the neat buildings. I know choice is a strategic part of the game but I would love to be able to really plan more things to look cool in addition to being effective.