• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chat box options

• Thread starter DeletedUser2479
  • Start date

DeletedUser2479

I have a hard time reading chat & also dislike the chat box position. Some improvements:

1) Make the chat box movable. and adjustable. I'd like to be able to drag the chat box to a different location (such as the bottom left/right or top/bottom) then adjust the shape, depending on what I'm doing.
2) Allow the font to be enlarged. I have a difficult time reading chat. If I could enlarge the font, this wouldn't be a problem.
3) Add some slash commands other than /who. A couple of specific ideas:
a) "/anon": If someone didn't feel like chatting, they could type this in & wouldn't show up as online
b) "/afk": This would let F/S members know a person was away from keyboard. so, when typing "/who"
their name would appear as: Allorah <afk> (or you could use a color, such as red, to indicate afk)
4) Add a tab at the top of chat box for a one-on-one conversation. We could use this as a private messaging
system to have a personal conversation. This could be used in conjunction with /w. So, once you send a
"w/" message, the tab would pop open. Clicking the tab would allow the entire chat to be viewed in isolation.
5) Have an "officer chat" channel.

DeletedUser3930

I would like to be able to post a player's name in chat as a link to their village. Other fellowship members could click on the players name in chat and be taken to that player's village.

Yogi Dave

I like all the suggestions and would add one more. Being able to only see 15 characters at a time is way too few. Most smart phones start with one line but become multiple lines as more text is added. This would tremendously aid editing out typos, etc.