• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

chat censor

defiantoneks

so, is it just me, or has chat become more restricted? we're sortof old(ish) farts in my FS (ok, some are) and we keep music in the discussion a lot. being old(er) many of the artists are from the 60s & 70s. Tonight the song was by a well known artist by the name of Joe. He sings some very famous songs, one of which is "Get by with a little help from my friends".
his name got censored.
since chat is limited to the FS, is there a way (or a consideration) that we could opt to leave the censor off?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I don't think Inno maintains the chat censor list. Not saying we're a bunch of potty mouths, but we've done live experiments. The words that gets blocked and words that gets through changes. Sometimes, even the most obvious curses get through and we get to talk like sailors for a day. Other times, it's blocking someone's name and we don't know what part of her name is offensive, but before we figure it out, we're allowed to type her name again without getting **** out.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yeah man, whatever happened to freedom of speech? I like Joe Cocker too. But if you think it's fun, here, you should read this debate on the Beta Forum. The censor there has been huffing paint in several different languages. :rolleyes:

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Yeah man, whatever happened to freedom of speech? I like Joe Cocker too. But if you think it's fun, here, you should read this debate on the Beta Forum. The censor there has been huffing paint in several different languages. :rolleyes:

Please don't make me explain free speech to you.
As I've said so many times in the last several years, "What do they teach in school these days?"

@defiantoneks
Joe's version of that song is great. One of my favorites of his, second only to "You are So Beautiful."

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Quite agree!
We got censored when I mentioned having a cocktail party after the Spire ends (cock + tail - how awfully rude!!) - and my favourite thick pea soup recipe got ***** because one of the ingredients is cumin...
I am totally against obscenity in-game - but when one blots out words one has to be sure of what one is doing, otherwise one makes a fool of oneself. In one of the servers, any link I share that contains 'Facebook' gets mutilated - so now I have to use tinyurl's..
:(