• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Closed | Archived Chat exclamation point

Matrickz

I will constantly get an exclamation point notice on chat. Enter chat and have nothing to see new.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I will constantly get an exclamation point notice on chat. Enter chat and have nothing to see new.
This sometimes happen when someone replies to a message that you deleted. Once you delete a message, you don't get new messages in that chain. Rumour has it you may be able to see them in your sent items if you ever responded to it, but I can't confirm as I never delete messages.

Firefly1921

I am getting the same since the Carnival update. It is irritating because you have to keep checking to see if there is a new message. Usually there is not. If I check the messages the exclamation point goes away, but as soon as I go to the map or another screen and come back, or close and open the game, the exclamation point is there again with no new messages.

I am on iPad (6th generation) with iOS version 13.3.1.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I am getting the same since the Carnival update.
Is yours on messages (the bell) or news (the horn) Exclamation points on the horn happen when you didn't click on all the news articles. if you click each one it should clear.

Firefly1921

This is for chat, not messages accessing the mail icon or the horn at the top left. I do not have a bell but an ellipsis (...) at the right of the screen. This is where the exclamation point appears when there are no new messages. I am on iPad.

Firefly1921

I see the bell now. It is on the left side of the screen and displays messages about trades being accepted and players polishing buildings. This is not where the exclamation point that wont go away appears.