• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chat is still not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3507

After the prolonged outage this morning, I could not logon from 4am - 9am then it was spotty to 10 am.

And chat is not functioning

Valtitude

I hope this isn't illegal. I've posted this information on two threads in the Forums and once on beta forum.

Fascinating. I have Comcast and am experiencing very slow logins plus trouble with Chat inside the game. I have several cities on the US servers, but am working exclusively on Winyandor at the moment.

Below is what I posted on the beta forums regarding my problems with Chat and what happened when I tried my VPN.

"Somewhere in my travels trying to figure out what happened to Elvenar's Chat in my city, someone suggested trying a VPN. I have a VPN, but wasn't using it for Elvenar. "Hey, I'll try it!" I declared. Tally ho! and off I go into the wild blue yonder.

The VPN allowed me to login to Elvenar, view Chat and do anything I wanted to here in the game. I logged out feeling I'd overcome the No Chat problem successfully, with little effort.

Then came the downside. Various non-gaming important-for-work sites began freaking out that I was logging in from unknown locations. Security measures kicked in on those sites and our network - and for the last 24 hours, I've been working out the kinks and crooks of this mess. I've gotten back to a semblance of stability, but OMGosh, what a PITElbow! These work sites have never reacted to the VPN in this manner before. I'm baffled.

Who knew attempting to deal with such a seemingly simple part of this game could cause total - and I mean TOTAL - chaos in the real world!"

DeletedUser3507

That's life with a vpn.. Had that experience 2..I quit using a vpn for that reason...You can try to find one close to your location and that will get rid of the security lockouts...

Skywen

My chat has not worked since August of last year. Seems nothing I do works. I even changed my VPN and still nothing. Even if I could just see it would help out. Any other suggestions?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It's possible you can set to use your vpn as a proxy in your preferred Elvenar browser, then only traffic in that browser would go through the vpn, while other traffic would use the direct connection.

Valtitude

My chat has not worked since August of last year. Seems nothing I do works. I even changed my VPN and still nothing. Even if I could just see it would help out. Any other suggestions?
My Chat hasn't worked since Jan 2018, but was pretty iffy before that.

Gave my VPN a go last Friday. It worked for Elvenar, meaning Chat worked, but blew up other more important connections. I've never had problems with the VPN before this.

Comcast Xfinity is my ISP. "Experts" on Comcast's forums recommend setting router firewalls to medium or custom settings. My router firewall had been set for high security. I changed my settings as recommended and immediately noticed a difference logging into Elvenar this evening. It was MUCH quicker.

Several Comcast forum users talked about setting their router firewalls to low or off completely. Comcast doesn't recommend that and my instincts go with those choices being a dangerous idea.

Now I have "to use the VPN or not to use the VPN - THAT is the question". Makes sense to me my router's firewall high security setting had something to do with the VPN setting off alarms and security warnings all over North America the other day.

Hope this gives you an idea of a direction to try so you can fix your Chat.

Skywen

Thank you for your response. I already have my security on medium so I guess i'll try it off and see if that does anything.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
They are talking about the firewalls on the switch, not the firewalls on the computer. Note that turning them off will expose you to any computer in the same network that has a virus that probes the network for fresh victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.