• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chat maybe in the game

Should we have a chat box in the game for all the felowhips together?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser19591

Its hard to get people to play and have active fellowship I have try many time and maybe if we have chat we can get more people active to play and we can find people to join us Just a thought thanks Melowine

DeletedUser8946

There is a chat among your Fellowship on PC. If you don't see it, it might be because you're on mobile? I've heard reports from my Fellowship that some can't see the messages, and others can't see the chat. Not entirely sure why this is.

If you're suggesting a chat between ALL fellowships, which is what it sounds like from the poll, that's far too large to be useful. Having an instant chat with everyone would be like having a map of the country, full scale. Not only would it be impossibly large and difficult to use, it would be incredibly impractical to make.

DeletedUser2768

I do NOT need to know what other Fellowships are doing. So, I vote no for a global fellowship chat.

I WOULD like to see a global chat for general chatter, or at the very least, a chat for you and your neighbors. I don't know how that would be implemented though. Maybe there's a way to link the chat to the scouts? Sounds like a coding headache either way.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If you're suggesting a chat between ALL fellowships, which is what it sounds like from the poll, that's far too large to be useful. Having an instant chat with everyone would be like having a map of the country, full scale. Not only would it be impossibly large and difficult to use, it would be incredibly impractical to make.
restricting it to fellowships would be silly. They should just have a global chat
Other games that are basically the exact same as Elvenar have global chat.
You just need a couple of tabs to split the chat like
  • FS(yours)
  • Trade(useful now since trading sentient goods is global)
  • Help
  • Recruiting
  • whisper
  • admin(mages&AM)
  • General
The last tournament had ~5,000 players with a score greater than zero. My guess is that means fewer than 500 players are online at any given time. The chances that more than 50 would want to chat any given time are pretty slim. A global chat would be nice.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2768

restricting it to fellowships would be silly. They should just have a global chat
Other games that are basically the exact same as Elvenar have global chat.
You just need a couple of tabs to split the chat like
  • FS(yours)
  • Trade(useful now since trading sentient goods is global)
  • Help
  • Recruiting
  • whisper
  • admin(mages&AM)
  • General
The last tournament had ~5,000 players with a score greater than zero. My guess is that means fewer than 500 players are online at any given time. The chances that more than 50 would want to chat any given time are pretty slim. A global chat would be nice.

I would like to like this a few dozen times.

Last edited:

DeletedUser19591

I think That what I meant a Global chat so we can find players who want to play Thanks for all the imput =)