• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chat more in fellowship

• Thread starter Deleted User - 4684565
  • Start date

Deleted User - 4684565

I have 3 members in my fellowship 4 including me I'm the Archmage
I have tried to encourage everyone to chat more but with no avail I still can't get them to talk more or get any kind of feedback from them about doing the spire
besides me only 2 members participated in the last tournament the newest member did not and the newest member won't even chat or ask for any help and is new to the game it's kinda frustrating when you are trying to build your fellowship
If they don't start communicating I'm going to disband the fellowship
HELP I need some advice

NightshadeCS

You definitely need some more members! If you are having a hard time filling your ranks, you may want to see if you can find a home for yourself and the other 2 of your group who seem active. There are lots of fellowships that are searching for good active members, so it would not be too hard to find a new home.

If people are not into chatting, there is not much you can really do. Rather than saying, "Hey! Start chatting!" you need to just engage those folks when you see them online.

You can type "/who" in the chat box to see what members of your group are currently online.

I know personally that I do not like chatting so much if I am playing on mobile. It is pretty clunky, and I am much more likely to chat when on PC.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
What level are your players? The Spire does not become available until they reach chapter 3. If you have low level players they might not be able to get into it.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
If you have a brand new player who is not communicating, it is possible they have stopped playing. Oftentimes people will try the game out for a week or so and then decide it is not for them and quit. Have there been any signs of activity from that player such as trade requests or help visits?

Deleted User - 4684565

You definitely need some more members! If you are having a hard time filling your ranks, you may want to see if you can find a home for yourself and the other 2 of your group who seem active. There are lots of fellowships that are searching for good active members, so it would not be too hard to find a new home.

If people are not into chatting, there is not much you can really do. Rather than saying, "Hey! Start chatting!" you need to just engage those folks when you see them online.

You can type "/who" in the chat box to see what members of your group are currently online.

I know personally that I do not like chatting so much if I am playing on mobile. It is pretty clunky, and I am much more likely to chat when on PC.
I do know about who's playing or who isn't most of the time it me and Tadala but when I engage that player most of the time don't respond back

Deleted User - 4684565

If you have a brand new player who is not communicating, it is possible they have stopped playing. Oftentimes people will try the game out for a week or so and then decide it is not for them and quit. Have there been any signs of activity from that player such as trade requests or help visits?
Definitely not

Deleted User - 4684565

I haven't heard from that player in 3 or 4 days now

AtaguS

As archmage you get to set the tone for your fellowship. When recruiting, chat with players before accepting them, see if they are the active, chatty types. Have you written a good overview for your fellowship, outlining expectations when it comes to the spire, communication, etc? You can check on elvenstats.com to make sure those non-responsive players are still playing. If they are not...this is a good opportunity to go out there and find the players that fit the vibe you're trying to create in your fellowship.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I would still leave them in the fellowship for now. You have 25 available spots, so it does not become critical to cut inactive players until you are at or near full capacity. It is possible that the player might have had something going on the past week or so and will resume playing. But even if they have quit, having them on the roll will give you and everyone else an extra help target every day.

Also, if a player does not reach chapter 3 or greater and does not spend money to buy diamonds then their city will automatically be deleted after about 30 days of inactivity. However cities that reach chapter 3 or greater or which have purchased diamonds stay on the map forever. This is why there are so many inactive cities on the world map. I mention this because it is possible that the game will solve the issue for you in a month or so if they continue to be inactive.

Deleted User - 4684565

I don't talk a lot but if I have someone that wants to chat then I will and I agree with AtaguS and I understand where you are coming from too people do have lives outside of Elvenar but what fellowships I have been in for example The Brothers Grimm they chat a lot good bunch of people so it may take a while but I'm going to probably let some people go

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
To chat one has to be interested in the subject at hand. What do you chat about? My fs isn't chatty at all, but if we get onto a subject people are interested in, about half of them will engage. Long ago I gave up making the chat a central part of my day as my fs just doesn't do that too much.

Ultimately it sounds to me like you like to engage with your teammates. That's a style of play. You might put it in your fellowship page...something like, "Friendly, engaging players wanted for play and conversations" or something like that, indicating your fs is more about interaction with each other than the average fs.

Of course many people, upon receiving an invite, don't bother looking at the fs page and just join. So in the long run you may need to do a lot of recruiting, throwing back the haddock and keeping the salmon. (Metaphor for kicking the non-chatters as you find chatters LOL. Blame me, I was an English major!).

AJ

Deleted User - 4684565

I do try to get my team mates to engage I conversation I just let one go because that player hasn't been active for 4 days now and another member plays a game called Evo or something like that and when I type /who that player shows up but when I look at their city no activity

Deleted User - 4684565

To chat one has to be interested in the subject at hand. What do you chat about? My fs isn't chatty at all, but if we get onto a subject people are interested in, about half of them will engage. Long ago I gave up making the chat a central part of my day as my fs just doesn't do that too much.

Ultimately it sounds to me like you like to engage with your teammates. That's a style of play. You might put it in your fellowship page...something like, "Friendly, engaging players wanted for play and conversations" or something like that, indicating your fs is more about interaction with each other than the average fs.

Of course many people, upon receiving an invite, don't bother looking at the fs page and just join. So in the long run you may need to do a lot of recruiting, throwing back the haddock and keeping the salmon. (Metaphor for kicking the non-chatters as you find chatters LOL. Blame me, I was an English major!).

AJ
LOL I do know what you are talking about

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I do try to get my team mates to engage I conversation I just let one go because that player hasn't been active for 4 days now and another member plays a game called Evo or something like that and when I type /who that player shows up but when I look at their city no activity
I would not cut a player for only 4 days of inactivity. I normally wait around a month. If they were a good player who has been with the fellowship for a long time I will usually wait a little longer.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I would try to set my fellowship apart with a unique overview, something that people will be drawn to. If you have a theme to your fellowship, make sure you explain that in your overview. And set down all your expectations there too. Be clear about them. Make sure to scour your neighborhood for active players and invite anyone who isn't in a fellowship. Also, click your ranking number and check out the people who are near you or below you in rank. New players are more likely to be amenable ... the higher the rank, the less likely a person without a fellowship really wants one. If they don't have a fellowship, but you see their rank numbers go up over the course of the week, you know they are active so invite them. Even if you have to send out 100 invitations, if you get a couple good players it would be worth it. And by the way, if I were sending out invitations, I would also send a friendly message with it, such as, "I noticed you don't have an active fellowship yet. I like your play style and so I sent you an invitation to my fellowship. Our theme is (whatever) and our rules are simple (list the main ones). Let me know if you're interested, and thanks!" It's funny how much more likely you will be accepted on an unsolicited invitation if you accompany it with a personal message. People like to feel singled out with a message. Best of luck to you.

Deleted User - 4684565

In my overview it reads The Old Guard recruiting
The few the proud the old guard

Just a few things
Respect one another
No Drama
Neighborly help
Fair Trades 2 or 3 star

Deleted User - 4684565

If you have any suggestions it will be most appreciated

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Why not a poem to set your overview apart? Just a thought. If you like it, use it (or any part of it) and good luck! :)

The proud Old Guard,

The sentinels of old,

Protecting the needy,

The wretched and cold.

The proud Old Guard,

Always ready to fight,

For honor, and glory,

Justice and right

The proud Old Guard,

Forever alert,

Elvenar's best,

To evil avert,

The proud Old Guard,

A fellowship true,

Join us, my friend!

We'll be stronger with you.

LisaMV

Why not a poem to set your overview apart? Just a thought. If you like it, use it (or any part of it) and good luck! :)

The proud Old Guard,

The sentinels of old,

Protecting the needy,

The wretched and cold.

The proud Old Guard,

Always ready to fight,

For honor, and glory,

Justice and right

The proud Old Guard,

Forever alert,

Elvenar's best,

To evil avert,