• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

chat not working, frequent connection issues

Miraculix

Win10, latest firefox, chrome, IE, Opera

the chat is not working for at least 3 days by now
same time appears the message:

"Connection issue
It's currently impossible to receive any instant updates of information in the game. We're working on reestablishing the connection as soon as possible."
unquote

sometimes within seconds but the latest after a minute.
by clicking "retry" I can continue to play the game but that's highly annoying!

I've tried several browsers, no difference at all.
hopefully you are working on that problem already?

BBsAmazon

I think this is a known issue because I sent in a ticket for the same thing when it first started happening.

I don't think this is a chat issue and it's been a few months since this error started occurring. It only happens when you're on a PC, not on mobile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm not feeling up to a search for details, but in the past many (not all) people have found this to be related to their service provider in some way. I know I was able to get around it by using a VPN. I realize that's not an option for everyone, because they can be costly, but it indicates that it might be a difficult bug to squash.

Miraculix

everything worked for me before I've posted my message. No changes at all from my side (same computer, provider system, browser, …). So inno must have changed something. My solution for the moment is to not use my popup-blocker (proxomitron) anymore to make the game functional again.
Normally I just would stop playing if a game provider is acting that way and possibly I will do that if there's no change from inno soon.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It isn't happening to everyone, which makes it hard to troubleshoot, even if it is something the program is doing wrong rather than an issue with the network.

Miraculix

true, not everyone is using an advertising blocker or even know about. Today I've tried several more adjustments without any luck. The moment I activate proxomitron the chat is not available any more and frequent connection issues are starting.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
In case it gives you a hint, here's Mykan's post about one common cause being that port 8080 is blocked because another device in the house has captured it. I know there are other spots where other suggestions are available