• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chat Window /who isn't working

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser16509

this is to all players inno has turned off the /help /who and /whisper their reason is they where never intended to be in the game to being with

DeletedUser4978

Well, the /who was there for so long, if it wasn't intended to begin with, why are they just now taking it away?

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Well, the /who was there for so long, if it wasn't intended to begin with, why are they just now taking it away?
I believe it is because they just redid the chat, it is new as we just tested it in beta. The fact the commands are not working is posted as a bug in beta so I imagine they are going to add them back when they get to fixing it!!

this is to all players inno has turned off the /help /who and /whisper their reason is they where never intended to be in the game to being with
I have not heard anything about the commands not being meant to be in the chat or that they won't be available in the future. If you have any posts that show otherwise please link them so we can all see!

Last edited:

DeletedUser1392

I have not heard anything about the commands not being meant to be in the chat or that they won't be available in the future. If you have any posts that show otherwise please link them so we can all see!

I received a reply to my ticket that they sent it on to their Development Team but one of our Fellows received a reply that it was never meant to be in the game and that "the game corrected itself" :( Asked her if she could come to this thread and post her rely and a "print screen" of the reply she received through Support..

So yes, TPTB do say it was never meant to be in chat and from that I draw a conclusion that it will not come back.

hvariidh gwendrot

this is my 1st game that doesn't have a world chat aka everyone has a common chat to talk in real time vs a topics only format .. let alone all the problems with fellowship chat .. makes me wonder why they don't want open and free flowing communications by players or at least it seems that way which makes it that way...so test in beta a way players can chat openly otherwise save the time and money .. but gotta say seems making suggestions in forum is a huge waste of time

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Thanks Rubydragon for your input (although we are not suppose to post support tickets here on the forums), it is nice to see the answer to why some think the chat commands are gone. I still havn't heard this on beta yet though and they usually let us know if a bug that is reported is meant to be that way or is going to get fixed. I will report back if this changes as it doesnt look like a mod is going to tell us anything. They often have there hands tied a lot of times and can't tell us things until they are told by the higher ups that they can.

shynner

We have had a couple of members, at the very least, in our FS that have submitted tickets concerning their dissatisfaction with the apparent inability to access the /who feature. One of the responses that was given as a reply to the submitted ticket was that the developers did not intend the chat feature to be a monitoring system, and that it was meant merely as a means of communication.. What they are not taking into consideration is that knowing who you can communicate with is as important as communicating.

DeletedUser1392

...(although we are not suppose to post support tickets here on the forums), ...
Oops, forgot all about that! I took names etc. out

What they are not taking into consideration is that knowing who you can communicate with is as important as communicating.

Shynner, I agree! I use it all the time -and especially during FAs- to see who I can ask for help, instead of just throwing something out on a chat system that doesn't work half of the time and hoping someone will or can see it ...

But, will wait to see if Sir Squirrel can find something out.

Pheryll

Set Designer

All the / commands were removed (the three listed are the only). As a side effect it appears that some names are showing up as blank as well. Could it be a deliminator space or numeric character that is not accepted properly by the field?

Status
Not open for further replies.