• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Check calendar before setting event quests

Rocce Sqirl

It would be a good idea, Inno, if before setting up Event quests you'd check the calendar.
Twice this time, in the Daily Quests, you have set a quest to happen on a day when it is not possible.
#25, "Solve 10 Tournament Encounters," was on Dec. 27, a Sunday when the Tournment was not in play.
#31, "Solve 10 Spire Encounters," was on Jan. 2, a Saturday when the Spire was not in play.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I know what you mean. It seems they are often falling on the wrong day. :(

Iyapo1

It would be a good idea, Inno, if before setting up Event quests you'd check the calendar.
Twice this time, in the Daily Quests, you have set a quest to happen on a day when it is not possible.
#25, "Solve 10 Tournament Encounters," was on Dec. 27, a Sunday when the Tournment was not in play.
#31, "Solve 10 Spire Encounters," was on Jan. 2, a Saturday when the Spire was not in play.
The only way they could fix this would be to lock all the quests so each quest unlocks at the same time for every player.

I would vote against this.

Rocce Sqirl

The only way they could fix this would be to lock all the quests so each quest unlocks at the same time for every player.

I would vote against this.
Iyapo, I'm talking about the Daily Quests, the final 32 quests, each of which happens on a specific date. The first 63 quests are not involved, those you get them when you get them, and if you arrive at one on a day when the Tournament or Spire is not available you just wait. But in the final 32 (especially the one on the penultmate day of the Event), waiting beomes less an option.

Iyapo1

If I am not mistaken both of those quests were a do this or that. So wait or dont.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
This was pointed out on Beta. It's a deliberate choice by the developers to make the "easy" option of simply doing the thing you were going to do anyways less easy by making you wait if you go that route.

Rocce Sqirl

This was pointed out on Beta. It's a deliberate choice by the developers to make the "easy" option of simply doing the thing you were going to do anyways less easy by making you wait if you go that route.
Well it's one of those things that pisses off players unnecessarily, and gives the impression the developers are just careless and sloppy which is also unnecessary. And if you're telling me it's deliberate, that's even worse because it's mean-spirited. Which is not really the impression I get about the Inno gnomes when I see them in their videos introducing a new Event or other items.

DeletedUser27413

Here we go... I wound up at a point where all I had left on the world map was extremely hard provinces. There was no choice. I simply could not complete the "optional" quest and had to wait 2 days. The explanations re: this or that are just lame. Poor planning, (not on my part- as a player- but) in game development, is the root cause. The bottom line is, if you want me (-as a player-) to pay for the game then you,(-the game designer and developer-) had better make it more entertaining than frustrating. Because the fact is that I am the customer, not the "end user". You are offering a common commodity in entertainment, at a disadvantage against much of your competition. Kudos to you for having done this well! But, in my view the winter event was a fail, for this and several other similar wth's. 1) Too much demand for space with big buildings I am stuck with for at least a chapter or two. 2) Quests that force me to look at whether the rewards coming from the event actually equal the resources going into it. I questioned the value of the event frequently. 3) Constant reminders that spending more diamonds was a possibility but, that would do nothing to ease the twin frustrations of 'big, ugly take over' and "uh-uh-uuuh, no you caaaa'nt." Your mileage may vary.