• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Choices for neighborly help

BBsAmazon

I think it's also possible they are worried that if visiting is too easy, enough people will do it to create potential issues of excess coin and supply flow. Maybe we are close to as much help as they want us to have/give.

Ashrem, who are you referring to when you say, they?

BBsAmazon

I expect I'd like it, though it brings us one step closer to just-click-to-help (like the empty cities around us). Currently we at least get to see the progress of the cities we help, as new culture buildings come and go, and for the passive-aggressive it removes the option of picking what they don't want to punish them for some perceived slight. I've also started more than one conversation with an apology for clicking the wrong thing, which has lead to some positive conversations.

I'd be inclined to like it more if we also had some kind of neighbourhood or quadrant chat, so we can talk to anyone nearby.

This proposal would not request to eliminate the option to look at other’s cities. That would remain the same. I’ve also done the apology message but, but no reply, so I quit that.

It’s my understanding from a long-time player that the neighborhood or quadrant chat has been on the wish list "since the beginning" and here I am seeing it... again, LOL.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Ashrem, who are you referring to when you say, they?
The developers/designers
This proposal would not request to eliminate the option to look at other’s cities. That would remain the same. I’ve also done the apology message but, but no reply, so I quit that.
It doesn't eliminate it, but if people no longer have to do it, it will mostly stop. Relatively few people will bother looking at their neighbours' cities if they don't have to.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
2) your point?
That one of the draws of the game is the art, and there will be fewer chances for it to be seen if we are visiting less, and also that there is a sense of community which develops from seeing what your neighbours are doing, which would also be lessened if there are fewer involuntary reasons to visit your neighbour. Neither one is a deal-breaker, but they do contribute to a reduction in the social aspects of the game.

NightshadeCS

i think that it would have to differ slightly from the AW heart (favorite) designation because it would be a choice of 1, 2 or 3. But a similar look would be good and in the same place it is currently on the mobile app.
Well, this gets into an idea that has been floating around in my head for a while.

It seems to me, and this may not be the popular view, that the aid to the builder is not as good as it used to be with the advent of timer instants. There have been times when the aid to my builder actually made things less ideal because it dropped the build time to an amount less than the timer I was going to use to instantly upgrade my building.

Picking one favorite instead of a ranking system would eliminate some player control, but I don't know that it would make a huge impact.

If you eliminated the builder and just had culture and main hall, then you could have one favorite and not the other.

For streamlining, I feel like we could even go one step further. I wouldn't mind if the choice option was eliminated altogether and the coding just aided culture first and then Main Hall if all of the culture were exhausted. This may not be to everyone's liking, but for me, I don't really care that much what people aid. I would much prefer half of the clicks be removed when I aid others.

NightshadeCS

That one of the draws of the game is the art, and there will be fewer chances for it to be seen if we are visiting less, and also that there is a sense of community which develops from seeing what your neighbours are doing, which would also be lessened if there are fewer involuntary reasons to visit your neighbour. Neither one is a deal-breaker, but they do contribute to a reduction in the social aspects of the game.
We already have quick aid for FS and those who have aided us in our notifications, so we are not going to those other cities already. And many play either on mobile or do world visits on mobile, which does not require loading the city. With that element already being eroded, I see no reason not to streamline further.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Ya know... I'm just glad to have people giving me neighborly help. I can use every bit of everything they give. My city on Khel is pretty big so can be hard for peeps to scout around for my builder.... If they hit my main hall or a cult item instead... so be it. I'm thankful for anything I get.

I get click happy and I don't always have a ton of time, so I click what I click... mostly I go builder, culture, main hall....