• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City Editing Tool

I wonder if we would be able to get the "City Editing Tool" that is integrated into the game like they have over in Forge of Empires. It is of great help.

It would be beneficial to all players mobile or pc and it is integrated in the game so there is no need to go anywhere. It is so much better.

Katarax

I’m mobile and elvenarchitect just loads half of my city and I’ve searched and can’t find any emulator app that will help me. If you know of one that works on an iPad, I would really appreciate it if you would give me the name of it.
I had the same issue with elvenarchitect on my iPad as well, but managed to fiddle with it enough to get everything loaded on the screen by pinching the screen and zooming out as much as I could and then shifting the page up so that the tools would appear at the bottom and then I would zoom back in and move it around to get the proper fit. It can be a little finicky, but only takes a few seconds once you get the hang of it. Not sure if this will be of any help to you, but it’s what worked for me.

Edit: Should have mentioned that this is with the chrome app.

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I’m mobile and elvenarchitect just loads half of my city and I’ve searched and can’t find any emulator app that will help me. If you know of one that works on an iPad, I would really appreciate it if you would give me the name of it.

I've tried BlueStacks and Nox emulators and neither allows elvenarchitect to load the whole city. I think it has to do with screen size more than anything else. The game was designed for a PC browser interface and suffers from that limitation on mobile.

AJ

BrinDarby

how is a 11" tablet that much smaller than a 12.1" laptop ?
There are multiple "mobile browsers" available to multiple
platforms...... apple/android.

unless you wanna ruin ur eyesight, nothing fits on a 5" screen.

OIM20

I wonder if we would be able to get the "City Editing Tool" that is integrated into the game like they have over in Forge of Empires. It is of great help.
For those of us who don't play Forge of Empires, can you explain what this tool does? I won't know what I'm voting on if this is ever brought up for a vote if I can't have a description or see a screenshot.

If you could do that for those of us who are unfamiliar, it could be helpful in discussing the idea. :)

For those of us who don't play Forge of Empires, can you explain what this tool does? I won't know what I'm voting on if this is ever brought up for a vote if I can't have a description or see a screenshot.

If you could do that for those of us who are unfamiliar, it could be helpful in discussing the idea. :)
The integrated editing tool lets you rearrange your city in game. You can pick up buildings and move others around and you can even save and come back to it. You don't have to go to another browser and open up another app and download your city into it. You also don't have to wait for extra space in your city to place things where you would like them. You can do so while in your game and you don't have to complete it all in one session and yet play as if nothing is happening.

Sprite1313

It is not reconstruction. It is rearranging what is already existing in your city.
FoE calls it "reconstruction mode", but it is a mechanism that allows you to rearrange your city.

So, in FoE, you click on "reconstruction mode", and it opens up a temporary storage menu on the right side of the screen (I've only played on mobile, so it might be different on PC). You can either move individual buildings into this temporary storage menu, or move your entire city into storage with one click. You can then bring one building at a time and place it in your city grid. You can cancel all changes and start over if you end up not liking what you are doing. And, if I remember correctly, other than for set buildings production time is not interrupted while they are in the reconstruction storage. It's sort of like like having ElvenArchitect in game.

FoE calls it "reconstruction mode", but it is a mechanism that allows you to rearrange your city.

So, in FoE, you click on "reconstruction mode", and it opens up a temporary storage menu on the right side of the screen (I've only played on mobile, so it might be different on PC). You can either move individual buildings into this temporary storage menu, or move your entire city into storage with one click. You can then bring one building at a time and place it in your city grid. You can cancel all changes and start over if you end up not liking what you are doing. And, if I remember correctly, other than for set buildings production time is not interrupted while they are in the reconstruction storage. It's sort of like like having ElvenArchitect in game.
I suppose we are talking about the same thing. It used to be located on the top of the screen and it was call City Editing Tool but they might have changed that. It still would be an awesome tool to have in Elvenar instead of having to go to all these other steps to redo your city.

I haven't played FOE in over 2 years but the Tool was around then. I really don't see no reason why it should not come to Elvenar. We will see. I send a message to Inno. Haven't received a reply yet.

I haven't played Forge of Empires either, but if it's this "Reconstruction Mode" that I've heard of, that idea has been shot down so many times.

Now, if only we could get the best of both browser and mobile on those two platforms in terms of city rearranging interfaces...
well, nothing to loose by trying again and again and again. I am a "glass half full" type of person. So I will try no matter how many times they tell me no. One of these days I will get a yes :)

Myne

Oh Wise One
Just a small caveat here. Every time we convince Inno/devs to give us something that would improve our experience and/or make play easier, they take something away or nerf something that hinders us. Be careful what you wish for!