• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City Expansion 3

Aritra

@Boop82 In addition to what @Lord Justinian said, I just wanted to add that it will be the center option: Research Expansion. It will require a specified amount of gold to place. Research activated it's availability to be placed.

Last edited:
Yes! Thank you. I wasn’t expecting it to be a Research Expansion and have to use more coins to obtain. The research Expansion does make sense though. Thank you for your help!
You are most welcome. And yes, after paying with KP, and unlocking with goods, you have to pay again with gold to place—maybe overkill, but as space is the most coveted amenity in Elvenar, such is the price.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
after paying with KP, and unlocking with goods, you have to pay again with gold to place—maybe overkill
I understand this feeling and even agreed with it myself early on in the game. Then I read a post (not sure if from a mod or another player or what) where it was pointed out that everything in the research tree that is placed in your city works that way. First, you pay to unlock the tech, then you pay to activate the tech, then you pay to place (or upgrade something previously placed). That explanation allowed me to no longer feel as annoyed by the cost.

I understand this feeling and even agreed with it myself early on in the game. Then I read a post (not sure if from a mod or another player or what) where it was pointed out that everything in the research tree that is placed in your city works that way. First, you pay to unlock the tech, then you pay to activate the tech, then you pay to place (or upgrade something previously placed). That explanation allowed me to no longer feel as annoyed by the cost.
Oh, I’m not annoyed; was just agreeing that as a new player it was unexpected.

Now it has just become a way of life. ;)

DeletedUser27842

The expansion can be seen waiting for coins when you go to the builder ==> expansion tab ==> hover your mouse over the research expansion section to open the tooltip and there in the bottom left-hand corner is the number *of expansions waiting to be placed*. Meaning you have * expansions waiting for coins and then to be placed. Once you have the coins the grey button will go green.