• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City Expansions

Gkyr

Chef
They remain in your expansion area until you use them.

At the bottom of your city screen, click on 'buildings' (the icon all the way to the left) then click on the 'expansions' tab in the window that pops up (all the way on the right). Then scroll your mouse over each category to see how many of each you have.

Zoof

I'm curious, can you stockpile your expansions ???
Yes.
1661199859269.png

Zoof

Is it a good idea to stockpile expansions or is it best to use them immediately?
Depends on your situation. It usually makes things easier to plan and build your city if your city has exactly four sides with four vertices. A rectangle, basically. Holding onto expansions lets you expand your city such that it always carries that rectangular property. Stockpiling expansions, at least in the early game, helps keep tournament and spire costs down since the amount of land expansions deployed affects (among other things) negotiation rates and troop stack sizes.

EDIT: The downsides of stockpiling is fairly obvious: Land that hasn't been deployed is land that you're not able to use. Also, if you haven't planned how quickly you're putting down land once you've stockpiled enough to expand, you may feel the need to burn additional resources to quickly expand your city into the land you just put down.

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
On my chapter 9 beta city I stockpiled so that I could add a row at a time. I found it slowed me down bit and didn't really seem to improve things much. So now I add as they come and just make sure they are in line with the incompleted row or column (In other words my city usually has six sides...three straight along three sides, and one with a single "stair step").

So I don't recommend stockpiling until you get large enough that space isn't really too much of a concern and then, stockpiling to keep the cost of things down.

AJ