• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City movement

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Ideally, yes. It depends on where you are on the board.
I'm on the frontier. A couple of weeks ago, my immediate-southeastern neighbor was a newbie, and then a mine for a few days until a recently reactivated player got moved in.
In the semi-active area to the south, it seems that people who get moved out/eliminated are immediately replaced. Not all of them are very active.
The inactive area to the north gets more mines, but also gets inactive people. Some of the names up there have changed.
My two active neighbors to the immediate north got moved and replaced with mines this morning. Hopefully this means I'll get moved soon.
The game defines an active player as a player who logs in once every 30 days or more often.
There is some discrimination for players in chapter 1-2-3 as far as I know (they are dumped in to storage much quicker than 30 days)

So yeah some neighbourhoods have more 50 times per day loggers than others.
But previously you could be surrounded by neighbours and only have 6 active players around you (as defined by the game)

This is already a huge change. and this makes a current neighbourhood with mines better than the old neighbourhood without mines.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
The first date on this thread was from back in Nov
Yeah, but look at the date of the person that posted before you. @Socrates28 had been waiting for awhile too and finally got moved! The Great Migration is over so it’s back to Move-In Monday’s. Moves are only happening once a week again, but it’s still occurring.

I think neighborhood is less of a factor if you are in an active FS that takes care of your trades and sentient goods+ are traded server wide so it isn’t dependent on your hood. The fact they improved the UI for browser also makes a big difference. Before, the lazy way to visit on browser is to return a NH via notifications so more active neighbors means more NH done. Now you can more easily visit everyone. At least gold mines are easiest neighbors to collect ;)

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
well I sure wish that all of y'all would stop leaving the dead bodies where Inno could find them - they must be burying them around my city - I had 29 graves ( oops- coin cities) out there not too long ago and now I have 45 or 46. And the rest of my neighbors do not trade that much - I think they are also senior citizens just waiting to kick the bucket. I just hope that they don'tkick the bucket my way. The rotten thing about this is that you can not even file a ticket on this as support can do nothing. The first date on this thread was from back in Nov when @helya first posted the announcement so it would appear to me that either the move is proving to be too much for the developers - or the mechanism is now broken in Ceravyn
Can you please submit a ticket for me? That way I can take a look in the backend.

Kadhrin

There's a small handful of active cities on the frontier, but going up to 47 mines, with two new mines next to me and neighbors to the south replaced by inactive cities.... I filed a "what's up" support ticket today.

<edit> And I already got the "sorry, it's automated, we can't do anything" canned response.

Last edited:

Sprite1313

When I first got to this spot as part of the great migration, I had six mines. This week, I am up to 40. It increases every Monday. I suspect that I am on the very edge of the "active" zone on the map, since those mines are all "northeast" of me, and the map center is "southwest". The majority of the cities around me are chapter 3 and below, and I have a constant cycle of next-door-neighbours each week. It seems that my neighbourhood is newbies who get planted here and probably moved closer to the centre within their first couple of weeks. Still, I get lots of neighbourly help, I just don't have superb trading neighbours (I don't think any of them is going to take one of my trades for 100K of any good).
B_dwarfs_aw2_shards.png

DeletedUser30612

My chapter 3 city in Elcysandir isn’t far from a canyon of emptiness and more empty spaces south of me. Hopefully, I’ll be moved soon over there but I doubt since the late chapter player near me hasn’t been moved yet.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
When I first got to this spot as part of the great migration, I had six mines. This week, I am up to 40. It increases every Monday. I suspect that I am on the very edge of the "active" zone on the map, since those mines are all "northeast" of me, and the map center is "southwest". The majority of the cities around me are chapter 3 and below, and I have a constant cycle of next-door-neighbours each week. It seems that my neighbourhood is newbies who get planted here and probably moved closer to the centre within their first couple of weeks. Still, I get lots of neighbourly help, I just don't have superb trading neighbours (I don't think any of them is going to take one of my trades for 100K of any good).
Since helya is very busy doing...*checks notes*....well, everything, I decided to look into the matter for you as a concerned citizen of Ceravyn while she's tied up with other important matters. We (Buddy and I) went out to your city to investigate and it looks like your neighborhood has been rezoned! I guess they're clearing out the cities to make room for farms, though it doesn't appear to be Fairy farms. Those Chapter 3 and below newbie neighbors sound like they will provide plenty of little children to frolic in the surrounding fields though. Dunno if the maize we talked to is in any way affiliated with Inno, but he looked pretty official and was very friendly and helpful.
rezoned.png

P.S. I'd pick up your 100k sentient goods trade if I had that much. I gave it all to @Lady Dastardly.

Kadhrin

I suspect that I am on the very edge of the "active" zone on the map, since those mines are all "northeast" of me, and the map center is "southwest". The majority of the cities around me are chapter 3 and below, and I have a constant cycle of next-door-neighbours each week.
Sounds familiar, though I just started the next-door-neighbor-go-round last week. I'm on the northwest frontier of Winyandor.
Frontier life is much easier with a good fellowship.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yup! I suppose we should be asking, what did we do, to be punished, oh um rewarded, with the opportunity to be moved from centers out to the rim.

Friendly helpful Forum advice
Friendly helpful game advice
I know!! It's my Discord server, isn't it? I should be relying on crappy in game mail.

Giorsal Aoife

I play multiple times everyday but on Elcysandir after the great move I had some 'gold mines' and now I have more. There is lots of empty space to the left of my city. The whole of the left side of my map seems to be getting worse. What's a girl gotta do get a place in a better neighborhood?

Kadhrin

I went from 49 to 56 mines.

I have to go to the third page of available scouting provinces to find some that will go towards active players.

This is most of my neighborhood. Green cells are active in neighborly help and/or trading. Blue cells are semi-active to inactive. Grey cells are mines. Yellow shows the border.
Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 12.45.30 PM.png

LisaMV

I'll check in on this in the morning. Seems like Monday movement happened for everyone but you 3.
um... mine keeps getting worse every week as well. Every week I am so excited for Monday coming, and yet... :(
My last count is up to 21 gold-coin cities. Small compared to you all, but a huge part of my map.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
there is one unfortunate thing that everyone has to remember about how the world map is set up. Each server has a center location and all cities are placed in the concentric rings around that center, slowly filling up each ring further and further from this center. What that means is that there will always be a bunch of cities in the outermost rings who will always have zero neighbors in two directions. The servers are realistically unlimited for these rings, so, unlike the real world, you cannot travel so far east that you find the western edge of the cities. There will always be that edge, and empty space, in all directions from the center.

Iyapo1

I am near an edge in one city. I haven't complained because there are 7 rings between me an the edge. Which means 7 rings of players that are further out on the edge than I am....just going to have to deal until I fall off the edge or the number of players on that server increases.