• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City movement

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I play every day several hours a day being 80. Don't remember seeing any message this was coming.
But f course, if you posted it on FB I might not have. Only go their to see if its some of my old friends
birthdays. Lost my two best friends in Khelonaar so not as much fun now. Sad..been playing a long time
buy maybe that's a sign that time to quit.
Cya back in a week or so :D

Thats what usually happens.
I do not really understand the emotion about the movement.

Why is it so important? if a fellow in your fellowship leaves or new ones come do you also quit?
When new neighbours come and old ones leave in your RL neighbourhood do you also quit?

Change is a part of life, you loose some friends and aquintances and you get new ones. this pretty much happens from the day we are born untill the day we die. but in elevnar it's the end of the world according to some.

Huor

Did your friends quit also? If not, I hope y'all keep messaging as you had and keep up with each other. Other than trading, the neighbor really doesn't mean anything. Once you have their name, it doesn't matter where they are on the map. The one real difference between the browser and the app as far as the neighborhood goes is the browser will let you map AW donations anywhere on the map, so if y'all were doing that also, the browser will let you continue to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tehya1

This is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. I do not want to lose my neighborhood in winy, but it sounds like I will unless all of us there opt out of the move. I probably don't have time to message everyone and ask them to opt out.

So what is the consensus? To move, or not to move?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
*chants* MOVE! MOVE! MOVE!
Nobody's talking about all the actives that stop playing too. Over time, many stop playing for one reason or another as well. Your neighborhood is a progressively declining model if you resist the flow of the Move algo. If your neighborhood is "full", as in no gold mines, you're not getting new blood. Then you're gonna be the ones complaining about so many inactives around you.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
It's funny; I've been here for more than 2 years, played several times a day every day, and I'm further out from the city center. I've had my box checked to allow movement since the very beginning. And yet not once have I been moved. I can't help but wonder if they look at my city and say, "Oh no, not HER! We better keep her away from the nice folks in the center." :p :p :p :p

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
There will be several more moves in the next few weeks. From what I am hearing these will be forced moved, players will be moved whether of not they have the option turned off. What we have found from this initial move, is that while some players miss their neighbors, far more complaints were generated by players that had the option off and are now left behind with no active neighbors at all. I've seen the moved rings of the map. It is a vast wasteland of emptiness. @Darielle you're at the very edges, right where the tool stopped, you're probably in the next round or 2.

We've requested notice for the next large move (which will not be on Monday, EN is getting the pleasure of being the guinea pigs for this before it comes to us again)

Dopeykr

With the various moves happening how it is that those cities posted that they have quit the game. Previous World Map I had 2 Cities posted having quit; now I have 8 Cities posted having quit.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
What we have found from this initial move, is that while some players miss their neighbors, far more complaints were generated by players that had the option off and are now left behind with no active neighbors at all. I've seen the moved rings of the map. It is a vast wasteland of emptiness.
Thanks for giving us this update, @helya! I'm glad to hear there will be more moves. While I'm not actually complaining since I realise I did it to myself by purposefully leaving the box unchecked, it was quite disconcerting to discover myself suddenly in a ghost town yesterday and it would be nice to end up in civilisation again. :)

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Thanks for giving us this update, @helya! I'm glad to hear there will be more moves. While I'm not actually complaining since I realise I did it to myself by purposefully leaving the box unchecked, it was quite disconcerting to discover myself suddenly in a ghost town yesterday and it would be nice to end up in civilisation again. :)
You are not alone. Well, you are currently alone, but there are many, many other lonely players that were left behind out there and we will sweep them all up and move them in the next few rounds.

DeletedUser22644

There will be several more moves in the next few weeks. From what I am hearing these will be forced moved, players will be moved whether of not they have the option turned off. What we have found from this initial move, is that while some players miss their neighbors, far more complaints were generated by players that had the option off and are now left behind with no active neighbors at all. I've seen the moved rings of the map. It is a vast wasteland of emptiness. @Darielle you're at the very edges, right where the tool stopped, you're probably in the next round or 2.

We've requested notice for the next large move (which will not be on Monday, EN is getting the pleasure of being the guinea pigs for this before it comes to us again)
@helya What if I really, Really want my city surrounded by gold mines like it is now, I have the move turned off and have since day one. I am fine, seriously fine staying at the edge on Elcy. And no there is no sarcasm in my reply, I do not want to move.

Tehya1

If I see no change in my three world views, does that mean that the sweep hasn't occurred yet?

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya What if I really, Really want my city surrounded by gold mines like it is now, I have the move turned off and have since day one. I am fine, seriously fine staying at the edge on Elcy. And no there is no sarcasm in my reply, I do not want to move.
I wish I could say you'd be left alone, but if a force move is implemented, you'll be swept up in it.