• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City movement

Myne

Oh Wise One
I don't seem to have been moved yet...along with about 4 of my fellowship. The ones that have been moved are raving though. They love it.

kclarke

Perhaps they should have fixed the "inactive to gold mine" procedure before the move. Many of my new neighbors have been inactive for years and others never left the tutorial. Bottom line is no improvement to trading but much harder to visit dead cities than gold mines.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have not looked around at my discovered area yet, but I did count the rings to center, and I went from 167 rings away before the move, to 89 rings away after the move. Next will be the very tedious job of looking up every neighbor on elvenstats for a mostly accurate count of active neighbors. In my old location, barely a fifth of my discovered neighbors were active, but that should be a lot better now.

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Perhaps they should have fixed the "inactive to gold mine" procedure before the move. Many of my new neighbors have been inactive for years and others never left the tutorial. Bottom line is no improvement to trading but much harder to visit dead cities than gold mines.
It’s in waves. There will likely be a lot more comings and going’s in your neighborhood in the upcoming weeks.

Huor

Dear Huor,

Your city has been moved to better position on the World Map. Your World Map progress is not affected by this. You now have new active neighbors and more active trading partners.

Your Elvenar Team

Man I got a mess of new folks to say hello to! My alerts are full of polishing!

edeba

I don't like being moved. Please bring back the ability to prevent player movement. I don't like friends being moved away.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
All worlds have completed the great Migration. I see a few stragglers that were missed when I look at the maps, so we're trying to see how to best correct those. If you are one of those unfortunate souls, please submit a ticket so I can add you to my list.

ElfQueenWren

I have been in the same neighborhood since I started playing this stupid game! It was in a great neighborhood, with lots of visits, help and friendships built, but you've taken that all away in one fell swoop... I also know that I have spent far too much time, energy and need I say money, on this foolish game! Perhaps, I should stop wasting my time, since you clearly don't respect the players choice not to be moved!! ;~(

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
All worlds have completed the great Migration. I see a few stragglers that were missed when I look at the maps, so we're trying to see how to best correct those. If you are one of those unfortunate souls, please submit a ticket so I can add you to my list.

There is clearly still work to be done, as in my new neighborhood, there are still many dead cities, including ones with names like "I Quit" or "Abandoned".

Cleo7311

I hope there are more rounds coming since one active neighbor is further away and my map is now mostly coins and no FS people - probable inactives. Another old neighbor, now passed away, is gone from the map entirely. Elvenstats still lists her, but gone from the world, so even those with diamonds DO get deleted after a few years.

ElfQueenWren

Technically, they did and the ones who opted out got left in empty deserts bc their neighbors opted to move. Now they're fixing that.
No, they disable players ability to choose not to move! They could give it back to us, but they likely will not, because they want the control! No respect for the players choice!