• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City movement

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
As some of you have likely already been made aware, there was some major city moving that happened today.

A while ago we had noticed the player mover wasn't working optimally and we have made some adjustments. Given the sub-par moving before, we had to "collect" a bunch of players from the outer bounds of the map to bring them in closer to other players. For most players, this should be a more optimal situation, but, of course, there will always be some who had already a nice collection of neighbors in their original spot. This sadly couldn't be avoided to make the moving better for everyone in the world. After the moving process has been completed, everyone affected should have more active players surrounding them compared to before. We have only completed phase one of this process, more players will be moved in the upcoming weeks.

Edit: Full player movement is confirmed to be soon. Currently scheduled for Tuesday, November 30th, but could be pushed out a little bit for some fine tuning.

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
"Everyone affected" does not count the people who are left behind, like me. No, I won't have more active players surrounding me. I have gold mines surrounding me where there were great players before. I just wrote five messages to the best ones tonight, saying goodbye and wishing them luck. It was gut wrenching. I can't help but wonder, if this neighborhood is so bad that so many people had to be moved, then why am I still here? I practically live here and my button is set to auto-move. I feel like I was cast aside as chopped liver, while other players got the upgrade. It was just gut wrenching to lose so many good neighbors. :(

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I can't help but wonder, if this neighborhood is so bad that so many people had to be moved, then why am I still here? I practically live here and my button is set to auto-move. I feel like I was cast aside as chopped liver, while other players got the upgrade. It was just gut wrenching to lose so many good neighbors. :(
If you were at the end of the sweep, there may not have been an available spot to relocate you. It's also possible that you were just at the end of this movement cycle, and will be caught up in the next one. We did not move all of the eligible cities, that will happen over several weeks. If you submit a ticket I can look and see if you were at the edge of the band of players that were moved away.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@helya I was moved in Winyandor. And I see several of my old neighbors in my new area which indicates they were moved also. So it looks like my old neighborhood was swept. However a fellowship member of mine who was in my old area was NOT moved. She plays on mobile so there is no chance she had the "do not move" option activated. Should she have been moved? She's not in the forums so I am asking for her.

Huor

I just set mine again. It had been off and I checked it earlier today so I would not be left behind (I hope I did not miss my group), but I just checked it and it was back to unchecked? I checked it again and hit save. Anything special I should do?

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya I was moved in Winyandor. And I see several of my old neighbors in my new area which indicates they were moved also. So it looks like my old neighborhood was swept. However a fellowship member of mine who was in my old area was NOT moved. She plays on mobile so there is no chance she had the "do not move" option activated. Should she have been moved? She's not in the forums so I am asking for her.
Some mobile players have asked support to turn off the movement option, so it could be that. It could be, as I mentioned to Darielle, that there were no identical spots left to move her to. It's hard to know without being able to look specifically at her location. The movement went in bands, so some players that were missed in a sweep may have been at the edge of the band and will go the next round.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I just set mine again. It had been off and I checked it earlier today so I would not be left behind (I hope I did not miss my group), but I just checked it and it was back to unchecked? I checked it again and hit save. Anything special I should do?
If it won't stay ticked, please contact support and we'll apply the change for you.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
If you were at the end of the sweep, there may not have been an available spot to relocate you. It's also possible that you were just at the end of this movement cycle, and will be caught up in the next one. We did not move all of the eligible cities, that will happen over several weeks. If you submit a ticket I can look and see if you were at the edge of the band of players that were moved away.
Thank you, helya. I'm not whining (well, okay I am, but I don't mean to). I was just sad about my friends is all. I'll wait until they have a spot for me. I appreciate your kindness. :)

Silverfyre

On E world, everyone around me that was active has gone. I have checked that the movement button is now on so hope that you will move me as I now have a desert and (35) gold "mines" No trades, no help, nothing I did send a ticket to support and they told me they would forward it to the developers. I wish you had told us before you did this major move so we could have thought about whether we wanted to move and the risks of staying in place. As you say, the mechanism hasnt been working for a while. It would have been good to tell us you were going to do this

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
On E world, everyone around me that was active has gone. I have checked that the movement button is now on so hope that you will move me as I now have a desert and (35) gold "mines" No trades, no help, nothing I did send a ticket to support and they told me they would forward it to the developers. I wish you had told us before you did this major move so we could have thought about whether we wanted to move and the risks of staying in place. As you say, the mechanism hasnt been working for a while. It would have been good to tell us you were going to do this

This move happens 52 times a year since 3-4 years or so (excluding the time the mover was broken)
This is nothing new, it's just that they tweaked it to work better.

Plenty of people have warned when people said you could opt out of moving that you should never use it as it will harm you in the end.
It took some time for some people to realise it was the truth.

This change was actually announced more than a year ago. but we all noticed it did not work as it was announced. they found the bug and fixed it this time (for some reason chapter 4+ accounts where not moved)
So when players pointed city storage did not work because that dead city was still there while it should have been put in storage a long time ago.
This bug is now fixed and thats why we finally see the huge move that was announced a year ago. and that some never too seriously

Silverfyre

This move happens 52 times a year since 3-4 years or so (excluding the time the mover was broken)

Plenty of people have warned when people said you could opt out of moving that you should never use it as it will harm you in the end.

This change was actually announced more than a year ago. but we all noticed it did not work as it was announced. they found the bug and fixed it this time (for some reason chapter 4+ accounts where not moved)
So when players pointed city storage did not work because that dead city was still there while it should have been put in storage a long time ago.
This bug is now fixed and thats why we finally see the huge move that was announced a year ago. and that some never too seriously
As I only started playing a year ago

As I only started playing a year ago I was not aware that 1. it didnt work 2. it was being fixed. A lot of people have started playing in the last year. It might have helped to let us know closer to the time

Carolyn1141

As some of you have likely already been made aware, there was some major city moving that happened today.

A while ago we had noticed the player mover wasn't working optimally and we have made some adjustments. Given the sub-par moving before, we had to "collect" a bunch of players from the outer bounds of the map to bring them in closer to other players. For most players, this should be a more optimal situation, but, of course, there will always be some who had already a nice collection of neighbors in their original spot. This sadly couldn't be avoided to make the moving better for everyone in the world. After the moving process has been completed, everyone affected should have more active players surrounding them compared to before. We have only completed phase one of this process, more players will be moved in the upcoming weeks.

You can toggle off the option to be moved on the Browser version of Elvenar, or contact Support if you use the mobile version and you do not want to be moved, but please be aware, this can result in everyone around you being relocated, while you are left in a sea of empty cities. The City movement tool works on a specific area at a time, and it could be a while before you become eligible to be moved again. We do not recommend this be turned off, but it is an option that is available to you.
[/QUOTE

Last edited:

Carolyn1141

I play every day several hours a day being 80. Don't remember seeing any message this was coming.
But f course, if you posted it on FB I might not have. Only go their to see if its some of my old friends
birthdays. Lost my two best friends in Khelonaar so not as much fun now. Sad..been playing a long time
buy maybe that's a sign that time to quit.

Carolyn1141

Can Diamonds be transferred to another player in your fellowship I had just brought diamonds but have decided to leave Elvenar?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Sad..been playing a long time buy maybe that's a sign that time to quit.
It is sad as I've kept in touch with a few active neighbors so there were a lot of goodbyes said when we all got moved, but if I've made friends with old neighbors, I know I'll make new friends with new neighbors. I've also played "Find a fellow in your new neighborhood", "Find a friend in your new neighborhood", and "Find a forum member you recognize in your new neighborhood".

Iyapo1

I dont do facebook either. I get my news here in the forum. City movement, dead cities and gold mine wastelands get mentioned often. This was helya answer to a question about moves last week:
It's move out Monday still, but some adjustments were made to the tool so more players get moved.

You can still mail the friends. If you want to be trade partners with them maybe someone could change FS? I honestly would appreciate in game announcement but considering how vague Innos announcements tend to be....that might end badly(swamp support and irritate the playerbase).

No, diamonds can't be transferred to another player.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Can Diamonds be transferred to another player in your fellowship I had just brought diamonds but have decided to leave Elvenar?
No you cannot give away your diamonds. At one time, there was a section in the rules about this, I think they started to change that when Gems proposed running our own contests, but the process sort of fell through for various reasons. But originally it was thought transfer of diamonds would lead to even more pushing and promote account abuse.

Iyapo1

I've also played "Find a fellow in your new neighborhood", "Find a friend in your new neighborhood", and "Find a forum member you recognize in your
Ha! Me too! I found two fellows from another world in my new neighborhood!

I was not happy about being moved. I was in a good neighborhood. I am in a better one now. I am getting 35+ gold hands from neighbors in my new digs! I am in coin and supply paradise.