• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City movement

sam767

Shortly after I started playing, I was moved from a desolate area at the north edge of the map to a desolate area at the south edge. There were a couple of inactive cities south of me so apparently this area was depopulated and repopulated once before. It slowly filled in.
I am right on the edge of the move zone this time - most of the cities south of me are gone, but not all. I suspect it was a fit problem and they'll get picked up the next time around. I do not have my flag set - maybe I'll join ravencrone at the end of the world.

Lemon Wren

I have three cities. One that finally got into a better hood earlier this year and two newer cities that were in terrible locations since creation. Thankfully one moved into a better spot this week while the other one didn't move, weirdly, but I did get some new, active people moved into the neighborhood, so. Much happier about that.

Now if only something could be done about the chronic lack of steel supplies due, I'm assuming, to folks not building scrolls cities . . .

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
There will be several more moves in the next few weeks. From what I am hearing these will be forced moved, players will be moved whether of not they have the option turned off. What we have found from this initial move, is that while some players miss their neighbors, far more complaints were generated by players that had the option off and are now left behind with no active neighbors at all. I've seen the moved rings of the map. It is a vast wasteland of emptiness. @Darielle you're at the very edges, right where the tool stopped, you're probably in the next round or 2.

We've requested notice for the next large move (which will not be on Monday, EN is getting the pleasure of being the guinea pigs for this before it comes to us again)
I'd be surprised, lol. Over two years and I've never moved. But it would be fun. :) Thank you, Helya, for all you do.

Darielle

Cya back in a week or so :D

Thats what usually happens.
I do not really understand the emotion about the movement.

Why is it so important? if a fellow in your fellowship leaves or new ones come do you also quit?
When new neighbours come and old ones leave in your RL neighbourhood do you also quit?

Change is a part of life, you loose some friends and aquintances and you get new ones. this pretty much happens from the day we are born untill the day we die. but in elevnar it's the end of the world according to some.
Well said, CW.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Odd that I have never been moved. I'm not complaining but just an observation. I also have a bunch of neighbors that I know have not played in years. I do see coin cities occasionally so some new neighbors arrive. I'm still confused by the dead cities that remain whether or not they claim to fix the situation or not.

Darielle

Odd that I have never been moved. I'm not complaining but just an observation. I also have a bunch of neighbors that I know have not played in years. I do see coin cities occasionally so some new neighbors arrive. I'm still confused by the dead cities that remain whether or not they claim to fix the situation or not.
The way I heard it, if they are past chapter three or if they have ever bought diamonds, then they don't get deleted. However, they may be moved. I just had a city move recently that had been there since I started in Oct 2019, and had never been active in all that time. I guess it just is a matter of time.

Deleted User - 1178646

The way I heard it, if they are past chapter three or if they have ever bought diamonds, then they don't get deleted. However, they may be moved. I just had a city move recently that had been there since I started in Oct 2019, and had never been active in all that time. I guess it just is a matter of time.
According to a CM post, there was a bug in the code that did not move accounts above chapter 4.
So only low level accounts got moved. this was fixed in this update

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
We've had an update that movement will be paused for a bit to see if there is any way to tweak it so that thriving fringe neighborhoods can stay together. This is, as all decisions, both good and bad. I know some of you really want to be moved soon because you're in the dead zone, but there are some established neighborhoods that are unhappy with the move. I'm personally on the fence about arguing for waiting or pushing to get everyone moved as soon as possible so they can get settled in their new locations.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know where we are for city relocation right now, I will keep you posted as I get more information.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
There will be several more moves in the next few weeks. From what I am hearing these will be forced moved, players will be moved whether of not they have the option turned off.
Brace yourself for this. I realize you are not the one making these decisions. But if players who have the move option disabled get moved anyway, then some are going to erupt. And you will be the one fielding the complaints. I totally understand how it is to catch Hell from decisions made from those above you. Been there and done that. For what it is worth, you have my sympathy in advance.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Brace yourself for this. I realize you are not the one making these decisions. But if players who have the move option disabled get moved anyway, then some are going to erupt. And you will be the one fielding the complaints. I totally understand how it is to catch Hell from decisions made from those above you. Been there and done that. For what it is worth, you have my sympathy in advance.
I'm already getting yelled at by players that had this option turned off and didn't get moved. I'm pretty sure there's no winning this one. I've been called some very creative names. :D

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
....movement will be paused for a bit ....

Sadness. Oh, well, guess I'll have to make room for a couple of Festival Merchants and Traveling Merchants (and reduce my Spire climbing) since I'm having trouble getting the trades I need at the moment. Thanks for keeping us updated, Helya! :)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I'm already getting yelled at by players that had this option turned off and didn't get moved. I'm pretty sure there's no winning this one. I've been called some very creative names. :D
Well if they had the option turned off and did not get moved, then they got exactly what they asked for! And that is exactly what I would tell them. In fairly blunt language. Which probably explains why I've never worked in any field which involves customer service. LOL I'm sure you were much more diplomatic in your responses to them. ;)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Sadness. Oh, well, guess I'll have to make room for a couple of Festival Merchants and Traveling Merchants (and reduce my Spire climbing) since I'm having trouble getting the trades I need at the moment. Thanks for keeping us updated, Helya! :)
Your fellowship should be able to help you with trades. If your FS is not meeting your trade needs, what world are you in? If you are in Khel or Arrendyll, I have really great fellowships there which have 1 opening each. We'll take your trades.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Thanks, Henroo, I appreciate the offer! I am in Khelonaar, but I do really like my current fellowship and would hate to leave the friendships I've made just because I got myself into a pickle by not moving my city, haha. I didn't mean to imply that my fellowship was deficient; I haven't asked in the chat yet, since I don't want to impose on anyone if they don't need what I have to offer. :) It's mainly elixir I seem to be having trouble getting at the moment and the FMs in this chapter give me that. I'm sure it'll even out. Thanks again, though!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Thanks, Henroo, I appreciate the offer! I am in Khelonaar, but I do really like my current fellowship and would hate to leave the friendships I've made just because I got myself into a pickle by not moving my city, haha. I didn't mean to imply that my fellowship was deficient; I haven't asked in the chat yet, since I don't want to impose on anyone if they don't need what I have to offer. :) It's mainly elixir I seem to be having trouble getting at the moment and the FMs in this chapter give me that. I'm sure it'll even out. Thanks again, though!
No problem. Although I do advise to not rely on Festival Merchants for good production on a long term basis. You see, as soon as you reach the Woodelves chapter FMs will switch to producing mana instead of producing goods. Don't get me wrong, they will be one of the best mana sources in the game at this point and will totally be worth having in your city. But will be utterly useless as a source of goods at this point in the game.

sam767

But if players who have the move option disabled get moved anyway, then some are going to erupt
Cmon! This is a game!!!! I have the option disabled, but I will be amused more than angry if I get moved. I am getting fond of my distance neighbor ravencrone who truly is at the end of the world.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Cmon! This is a game!!!! I have the option disabled, but I will be amused more than angry if I get moved. I am getting fond of my distance neighbor ravencrone who truly is at the end of the world.
Good to hear you will take it well if you're moved against your will. But as to your point this is just a game? Well: baseball, football, and basketball are also games. And have you seen some of the reactions people have in those games when things do not go their way? And I am not just talking about pro level games. You can see plenty of serious disagreement about calls in casual pick-up level games.

Deleted User - 1178646

We've had an update that movement will be paused for a bit to see if there is any way to tweak it so that thriving fringe neighborhoods can stay together. This is, as all decisions, both good and bad. I know some of you really want to be moved soon because you're in the dead zone, but there are some established neighborhoods that are unhappy with the move. I'm personally on the fence about arguing for waiting or pushing to get everyone moved as soon as possible so they can get settled in their new locations.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know where we are for city relocation right now, I will keep you posted as I get more information.
This gives the same issues as when they introduced the allow movement flag.

They should just ignore today's complaints and at the same time remove the flag just like it does not exist on mobile.
With this you will only shoot yourself in the foot again. because the next time. they discussion is my neigbourhood is good. because what you, I and or the developer consider fringe neigbourhoods could be different.

Also this means those that do not mind to move to a better place will not be moved because some disallowed moving.
Your creating your own downward spiral with it.