• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City movement

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I have a friend who was moved unexpectedly and he is saying he will quit. He has spent 7 years building up his polish and trade markets, to have it all undone in one rash moment.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have a friend who was moved unexpectedly and he is saying he will quit. He has spent 7 years building up his polish and trade markets, to have it all undone in one rash moment.
He's obviously a valuable player. I hope he looks at it as "spreading the wealth." Now he can help a lot of new people who really need him as a neighbor. It's kind of nice, in a way, to have a wider circle of players that you feel as if you know, just by having visited and traded with them and maybe shared "merry Christmas" or whatever. It's those little connections in life that are so important, and I feel as if the more people I share those little connections with on Elvenar, the happier I am. So, even though I really care about some of my neighbors, I look forward to seeing a new part of Elvenar some day ... if they ever get around to me that is, lol.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

A computer program cannot be rash. And the game has only been out for 6 1/2 years, so if he exaggerating in his anger too? And how could someone playing that long have no clue about the check box for being moved?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
People need to understand moves are in waves. What your neighborhood look like after the initial move is still work in progress. There will be more moves in following weeks. There is sooo much more neighborly activity in my cities now. The potential empty spots for Halloween pop up shops have been drastically reduced.

Sirenia

@helya I was moved in Winyandor. And I see several of my old neighbors in my new area which indicates they were moved also. So it looks like my old neighborhood was swept. However a fellowship member of mine who was in my old area was NOT moved. She plays on mobile so there is no chance she had the "do not move" option activated. Should she have been moved? She's not in the forums so I am asking for her.
Ive been BEGGING to be moved in Winyandor!! ugh...all I have for neighbors are coin mines. 99% of my neighbors are coin mines. They told me they couldn't move me. WTH??? Im thinking of giving up that city as I feel like Im a burden on my fellowship with all my trades

Hueanthar

"Everyone affected" does not count the people who are left behind, like me. No, I won't have more active players surrounding me. I have gold mines surrounding me where there were great players before. I just wrote five messages to the best ones tonight, saying goodbye and wishing them luck. It was gut wrenching. I can't help but wonder, if this neighborhood is so bad that so many people had to be moved, then why am I still here? I practically live here and my button is set to auto-move. I feel like I was cast aside as chopped liver, while other players got the upgrade. It was just gut wrenching to lose so many good neighbors. :(

This very same thing happened to me! I now have only 24 active out of 286 neighbors, and most of those are below Ch. 10 and barely active. (I was okay with being moved to a better location, so it wasn't because I had the box wrong.)

Last edited:

Hueanthar

On E world, everyone around me that was active has gone. I have checked that the movement button is now on so hope that you will move me as I now have a desert and (35) gold "mines" No trades, no help, nothing I did send a ticket to support and they told me they would forward it to the developers. I wish you had told us before you did this major move so we could have thought about whether we wanted to move and the risks of staying in place. As you say, the mechanism hasnt been working for a while. It would have been good to tell us you were going to do this

At least you got a better reply from support than I did. Mine was simply we are sorry for the inconvenience and we have no control over it. :(

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Ive been BEGGING to be moved in Winyandor!! ugh...all I have for neighbors are coin mines. 99% of my neighbors are coin mines. They told me they couldn't move me. WTH??? Im thinking of giving up that city as I feel like Im a burden on my fellowship with all my trades
Can you submit a ticket Sirenia? I'd like to take a look at your location to see if you're coming up.

Hueanthar

Can you submit a ticket Sirenia? I'd like to take a look at your location to see if you're coming up.

I recommend, in the ticket you submit, you specifically request your location be looked at to see if you’re coming up. I had been dealing with someone with in-game support but was finally helped when I specifically requested this. The original support person forwarded my request to @helya and she checked on my location and confirmed I was at the very edge of the section of moved cities. I'm now patiently waiting (well, okay, impatiently waiting :D) for the next move.

Last edited:

Ariel Greensleeves

I have had the move option turned off for a long time (months) bc I was afraid of being moved to a worse neighborhood. Now that I want to turn it on, I can't find it. I'm on a PC browser.
Where is the move option?