• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City movement

Huor

When looking at the world map, I'm still about the same distance from the center. Only now I'm north west from the center instead of south east.

ElfQueenWren

Yes, they removed it after the people who opted out kept finding themselves in abandoned deserts.
I was not abandoned in the desert! I WAS in an excellent neighborhood! but Inno only cares about money! and does not respect the players who give it to them!!

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I was not abandoned in the desert!
But, if they had let you keep your 'do not move', then you would have been in a desert when the majority of the neighborhood was moved away.
I'd been in my same neighborhood over 4yrs and had the 'do not move' selected as well. I had loads of visits and trading partners. I could not bring myself to change the 'do not move' even after last week when the first move happened, support was buried under tickets from all the players left behind, and it was clear to me that could happen to me as well. Good thing they did it for me or I'd be kicking myself about now...

Myne

Oh Wise One
No, they disable players ability to choose not to move! They could give it back to us, but they likely will not, because they want the control! No respect for the players choice!
I was not abandoned in the desert! I WAS in an excellent neighborhood! but Inno only cares about money! and does not respect the players who give it to them!!

I will tell you that there was a bug in the game where anyone above chapter 4 was not moved when they were supposed to be. That is part of their programming that is supposed to keep active cities near each other in the middle of the world map. That is the purpose of moving. It will happen periodically whether you like it or not. It's designed to allow more neighborhood help, better and more trading options from active players, etc. Inactive cities will be moved out to the outer edges of the map so as not to hinder active players from making the most of the game. I'm sorry you are angry, but you can still keep in touch with friends you have made that have been moved away by messaging them. Now, I am going to quote another old saying...The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. It's a bitter pill to swallow sometimes, but there are times when we have to pull up our britches and carry on.
Had you not been moved, you would have been somewhere on the map by yourself, because everyone else would have been moved.

LordRezal

As some of you have likely already been made aware, there was some major city moving that happened today.

A while ago we had noticed the player mover wasn't working optimally and we have made some adjustments. Given the sub-par moving before, we had to "collect" a bunch of players from the outer bounds of the map to bring them in closer to other players. For most players, this should be a more optimal situation, but, of course, there will always be some who had already a nice collection of neighbors in their original spot. This sadly couldn't be avoided to make the moving better for everyone in the world. After the moving process has been completed, everyone affected should have more active players surrounding them compared to before. We have only completed phase one of this process, more players will be moved in the upcoming weeks.

Edit: Full player movement is confirmed to be soon. Currently scheduled for Tuesday, November 30th, but could be pushed out a little bit for some fine tuning.
I think this was the biggest slap in the face to long time players ever made. A lot of us spent years and yes years setting up trade agreements with players. This move was not fair for us that have played the game long term, as little is in this game anymore. It's bad enough events are constant and never any breaks. In order for people to get all the upgrades, most people need to play the FA, so forcing fellowships to continually play them. So it is one long chain of never ending things to do except the reason I play in the first place which is a love for the core game. Now all my trade friends are outta reach and the cities near me are too small to meet my needs, without it being a constant non stop posting of trades. I'm glad some of the players on the outskirts get a chance but they should have been moved to the dead players spots instead of screwing everyone around. You will not convince me that this was a good thing. Just horribly disgusted.

free-spirit

I'm pretty pleased with the move. I had automatic movement turned off from long ago. I'd actually forgotten about it and switched it back on when I heard this was coming because I did NOT want to be left behind. My new neighbors are more active, and I have more of a mix of city levels around me. I don't really need trades since I'm CH18 and Ascended and Sentient goods are world-wide anyway.

FernDragon

Wow.....just absolute Wow ! I guess I didn't realize just how dead my previous neighborhood was even before the mass migrations started. There were a few newer players for a while moving in but nowhere near as many active players that are surrounding me now. I will miss the folks who are out of reach since the move, and sent a few goodbyes. I have had more than double the neighborly visits returned within the past few hours than I have ever had since I started to play.

Cleo7311

Hang in there everyone. In trying to find the map centers, the center areas are mostly dead, including the (former) center cities. More weekly rounds coming until someyime in January. Good news is we will finally be in active areas like we should have been, except for an embarrassing bug!

Lemon Wren

I've discovered that I've been moved so far from the center that I have gold mines to my south. Yes, the trading is slightly better, which is good, but hopefully more cities will be moved to the south of me? Not sure why I got moved to an edge, when I was closer to the center before.

i don't know about anyone else, but none of my cities have the option to either be automatically moved or stay put. it has been completely removed from my account settings. my K city was moved despite the automatic movement button being unchecked. i can't check or uncheck a box that no longer exists. taking away this option stinks, to say the least.

i8sh

Though I agree that the moves are beneficial to most, like a few have posted here I am not happy at all with being moved after 5+ years of getting to know my neighbours, trading with them and swapping KP with them (which was part of what I liked about this game). I was one of those who also had intentionally checked the "do not move" box and got moved. I had always figured that if it got too bad that I could always change my option to move and probably within a year or so get moved (a consequence that I was prepared to take). I have lost them all but one when I looked around. You should have moved all the players with that option checked first before deciding to apply it to everyone. I will see what happens in the future, but I seem to see more emptiness to my south than before (I hope that these are areas slated to put other players during future moves)

Yogi Dave

i don't know about anyone else, but none of my cities have the option to either be automatically moved or stay put. it has been completely removed from my account settings. my K city was moved despite the automatic movement button being unchecked. i can't check or uncheck a box that no longer exists. taking away this option stinks, to say the least.
So... don't shoot the messenger, please
but the option to disable automatic movement to a new location was removed from the settings for Browser players this update. Still waiting to see if this is permanent or not.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
For all those who are complaining about being moved and wish you would have stayed in your old neighborhood, I suggest you look up your best neighbors from the old neighborhood. I did that, and virtually ALL of them have been moved to different areas. If I had not been moved, I would not be a happy camper now.

I was very good at visiting and returning visits (whether or not the hands were gold or regular), and I used to average around 35 visits just from neighbors (more from fs) per day. Now, holy cow. I completed the arduous task of visiting every one of my neighbors (on a PC!) yesterday, but it has really paid off. I had well over double the visits returned that I used to average in my old neighborhood.

So I suggest that people stop crying over spilled milk, get out there and visit EVERY neighbor, and soon, you'll be as happy as a clam. Oh and check around the edges of your neighborhood, too. I went five cities beyond my outer edges all around my city and much to my surprise, I found people that I look forward to reconnecting with again. It's an adventure! I'm now planning my scouts to see who I will connect up with first and "surprise" with a gift. Fun project!