• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City movement

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
There is clearly still work to be done, as in my new neighborhood, there are still many dead cities, including ones with names like "I Quit" or "Abandoned".
You might be on the very edge of the consolidated section. I'm happy to check for you, just put in a ticket.

mephalia39

I just hope they arent done moving yet. My city Arendyll has not been moved either time and I get nothing but piles of gold. Only the few others that have not moved do any visits.

There will be several more moves in the next few weeks. From what I am hearing these will be forced moved, players will be moved whether of not they have the option turned off. What we have found from this initial move, is that while some players miss their neighbors, far more complaints were generated by players that had the option off and are now left behind with no active neighbors at all. I've seen the moved rings of the map. It is a vast wasteland of emptiness. @Darielle you're at the very edges, right where the tool stopped, you're probably in the next round or 2.

We've requested notice for the next large move (which will not be on Monday, EN is getting the pleasure of being the guinea pigs for this before it comes to us again)

I am not complaining at all! I recently submitted a ticket to requesting a move because so many inactive cities in my H world neighborhood make it nearly impossible to get T2 and T3 goods for trade. I did notice several new neighbors, but many of the same inactives are still in place. I know a few of them haven't played in nearly a year or longer because I banished them from my FS months ago for non-play, while a couple others retired their city voluntarily and left H world altogether. I have 3 other inactive cities in A, W & F worlds y'all can bulldoze right over. No time for 5 cities. I have SA and H, and my hood in H world is a sad, sad place with no scrolls or magic dust. My bags are packed and the unicorns are hitched to wagons!

All worlds have completed the great Migration. I see a few stragglers that were missed when I look at the maps, so we're trying to see how to best correct those. If you are one of those unfortunate souls, please submit a ticket so I can add you to my list.

I will be submitting a ticket, I am totally ready to get out of the dead zone! I have neighbors that haven't played in months and barely any scrolls or magic dust to be had. I did submit a request to mve a couple weeks ago but it was before the great migration. While there are some new cities, all the old ones are still there. The smaller inactoves got shuffled, but so many remain. I am not terribly friendly with any of them, I keep to myself and my FS. Ive tried talking to them but they ignore me. Even some of the newly relocated cities appear to be abndonded without any newer event buildings. Im in H world on US8, been in the same place since the world was new and my unicorns look like pack mules igh now waiting for the move. Submitting another ticket thanks!

Black watch

I just got back from a trip and have been dealing with RL issues. I logged on and boom. Wow, it was a shock to find I had been moved. A lot of people don't like change(s) in their life, I'm fairly well in that camp.
This game is one of my havens after a day of work, or especially after a bad day of RL.
My city had been in my neighborhood since I started playing in 2017. I was happy, it was a great neighborhood with really great folks. I supported not only my own clan but others too.
Now, everything is gone that I built up and I see everyone else is changed too.
Wow, just stunned.
I can see how this is helping some folks, but the shock of it caught me flat-footed.
I'm sure things will turn out fine, but right now, I feel like the carpet got pulled out from under me.

With time in so much demand right now, I don't know how I'll be able to come up to speed in this new neighborhood. And it sounds like we're not finished with more moves.
So...
This should be interesting in a strange way. Not really happy about this.
:(

Blindsider66

Yesterday's relocating of active cities really mixed things up in my neighborhood. Looking at all the new arrivals I would say 80% of the original residents are gone. Thankfully there are a few friendly faces still remaining. Once the shuffling is done we should welcome our new neighbors and establish a fair trading community unlike anything Elvenar has seen before.

Peace

hvariidh gwendrot

i have been moved on all 8 worlds, and i went from active areas with decent trades to a crap show of 1 and 0 star cross trades on most lol thanks inno

StrongJean

"Everyone affected" does not count the people who are left behind, like me. No, I won't have more active players surrounding me. I have gold mines surrounding me where there were great players before. I just wrote five messages to the best ones tonight, saying goodbye and wishing them luck. It was gut wrenching. I can't help but wonder, if this neighborhood is so bad that so many people had to be moved, then why am I still here? I practically live here and my button is set to auto-move. I feel like I was cast aside as chopped liver, while other players got the upgrade. It was just gut wrenching to lose so many good neighbors. :(

I have to strongly agree with Darielle, all my cities were moved and the new trading partners trying to make a profit of us because I only see 1 Star trades up with an additional cost to me abut 30,000 or 33, 000 goods. This move was lousy for me as well 1 star trades should be banished in this game. If someone needs desperately certain goods that should be arranged with the FS they are in. Darielle, it was no upgrade to any of my cities.

StrongJean

Cya back in a week or so :D

Thats what usually happens.
I do not really understand the emotion about the movement.

Why is it so important? if a fellow in your fellowship leaves or new ones come do you also quit?
When new neighbours come and old ones leave in your RL neighbourhood do you also quit?

Change is a part of life, you loose some friends and aquintances and you get new ones. this pretty much happens from the day we are born untill the day we die. but in elevnar it's the end of the world according to some.

Change is not good if you only find unfair 1 star trades in the trader with a high cost to the person looking for goods their need. This happens in all of my cities, new neighbors, yes you can make them but the trading has to stay fair!!

Talaedraiia

When I first started playing, I was in a terrible hood with half of it being gold mines, but after a few months was moved. I was very pleased as my new neighbors were pretty active. I was not moved in the recent migration, but quite a few new cities were moved in and I now have gold mines when before there was none. Are these mines going to be replaced with cities?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Iyapo1 it is my experience that the people who complain the most about the trades do not bother to post their own and would rather rely on other people doing the work. Also, unless those people are going to be online 24/7 to constantly watch the trader, then there is a good chance they are missing all the fair and/or good trades that are posted and taken when they are not online. Which is just another reason they need to post their own.

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
Now that i am enjoying new visitors, I BEG of INNO to fix world map visits for PC players to fast visits like Mobile players have. Y'all who say you like to look at cities load for half a day can still chose to do this with your time after we get a quick click link like they have on mobile. It is what is badly needed - that or 100 pages of notifications so i can quick visit everyone who hit me up before they overwrite themselves. Current way, means loading into cities which takes too long!! I would love to visit ALL my new neighbors ♥ The move is such a great Reset for big, bad issues that built up over the years. Personally, i am happy to make new friends, see some old ones are still close and look forward to PC users getting a FASTER VISIT OPTION PLEASE ♥ (not requiring to load in and hunt around for buidlings) GRRRRR!!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@StrongJean Are they in your scouted region? Are you sure it's not just a trader fee issue tilting the trades to be uneven? Maybe you have larger active neighbors nearby now. A big city's 50k trade could easily rack up 25k in fees.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Now that i am enjoying new visitors, I BEG of INNO to fix world map visits for PC players to fast visits like Mobile players have. Y'all who say you like to look at cities load for half a day can still chose to do this with your time after we get a quick click link like they have on mobile. It is what is badly needed - that or 100 pages of notifications so i can quick visit everyone who hit me up before they overwrite themselves. Current way, means loading into cities which takes too long!! I would love to visit ALL my new neighbors ♥ The move is such a great Reset for big, bad issues that built up over the years. Personally, i am happy to make new friends, see some old ones are still close and look forward to PC users getting a FASTER VISIT OPTION PLEASE ♥(not requiring to load in and hunt around for buidlings) GRRRRR!!
WHAT SHE SAID!!!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Change is not good if you only find unfair 1 star trades in the trader with a high cost to the person looking for goods their need. This happens in all of my cities, new neighbors, yes you can make them but the trading has to stay fair!!
The best thing to do in that case is to put as many 2 star or 3 star trades on as possible. I usually find that even though many 1 star trades are up, most people still snap up my trades, which are almost always 3 star. I sell my boosts that favors them slightly (say, 50000 planks for 49000 marble), and everyone is happy. Good luck!

Yogi Dave

Hard to complain, but I found one. I got over 70 visits since I was moved. That means some of the people had fallen out of the notifications since it only has 60 slots. FS visits actually means at least 30 names of players were lost. I was in a strong place for trades, but this one is insane. I did do a full world visit yesterday which I hadn't done in a long time. Sort of a meet and greet. Everyone was out on the street. I suspect a lot of people were doing that yesterday and there will be a drop off of visits, but I bet it stays higher than it was. Also, the standard goods trades seem to be for larger amounts on average and there are more of them in the trader. So overall, I'm a happy camper with the move.