• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City movement

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Last night (the first day after the move) i went to log off for the night and realized i had 21/27 culture buildings with neighborly help on them.
I woke up today to 27/27 with neighborly help on them..
I dont think thats ever happened before..
I can get used to this'
neighborly help_02.jpg

Huor

I do feel for those that try and do all the new polishing with the browser. There aren't enough hours in the day. In fact, there aren't enough hours in the day for 1 polish depending on the size of the city.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I do feel for those that try and do all the new polishing with the browser. There aren't enough hours in the day. In fact, there aren't enough hours in the day for 1 polish depending on the size of the city.
It is not hard on browser as long as you are only returning visits in the notifications. I refuse to go around the world map on browser. If I feel like doing this I will log out of my laptop and switch to my phone. So much faster on mobile!

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
It is not hard on browser as long as you are only returning visits in the notifications. I refuse to go around the world map on browser. If I feel like doing this I will log out of my laptop and switch to my phone. So much faster on mobile!
Agreed. Doing ALL neighbor visits on browser would be a massive pain and very time consuming. - I usually only do my fs and the ones that helped back from my notifications. That only takes a minute or two. (I would love this option for all neighbors!!!!!!!!)

But i usually would go to mobile or a mobile emulator for world map visits every once in a rare while just to make sure im getting all the active players on my notifications list when they hit me back. - At least until my phone became to outdated and would crash constantly on the world map. And for a long while, mobile emulators wernt working either. - But i recently got a new-old phone. Not the best by todays standards, but well above the one i had. So i can do world map visits on it again.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
At least until my phone became to outdated and would crash constantly on the world map. And for a long while, mobile emulators wernt working either. - But i recently got a new-old phone. Not the best by todays standards, but well above the one i had. So i can do world map visits on it again.
It might not have been your phone. There was a period where I was having lots of crashes on my phone. The game was basically unplayable it was crashing so much. And like you I thought it was because I had an older phone. However I deleted the app from my phone and re-installed it and the number of crashes went down dramatically. You might try this next time.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
It might not have been your phone. There was a period where I was having lots of crashes on my phone. The game was basically unplayable it was crashing so much. And like you I thought it was because I had an older phone. However I deleted the app from my phone and re-installed it and the number of crashes went down dramatically. You might try this next time.
Well, sadly, the phone is at the end of its like i think. Even the charging conenction is lose. Battery life is nill any more. And the camera is half broke. But iv used this phone for the last 7~ years, so it had a damn good run. It was released in 2013 i think. So its no big surprise it has issues with modern day stuff.

Kadhrin

Interesting results of round one. On W, I'm about 80 rings from center. I ended up with ~15 new mines to the north -- where some good trade partners were moved out -- and 40+ new names to the south. Southern neighbors are still a mix of active and inactive. Some neighbors who've been inactive since I started 2 years ago are still in my immediate vicinity.

Hopefully this improves with round two.

If the developers ever get bored (j/k), one thing to look for might be cities that include *only* the unsellable buildings. Those could probably move towards the edges without annoying too many people. ;) I've got one of those neighbors right next to one of the new mines.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I don't use a tablet or phone for anything ... my pc is my only device by choice. I'm not anti-tech by any means, just set in my ways, I guess. Admittedly, visiting a couple hundred neighbors after the move was a gargantuan task, but it paid off, and I'm happy. I usually do half my neighborhood once a month (the other half alternating months) leaving out the people I know are gone. I figure on about 70 minutes a month, or at least that's what I did before the move; don't know how long it will take me to figure out the dead cities here. So what TomatoHu said the other day applies to me ... I would LOVE to have the easy method for visiting come to the PC. Until it does, though, I'm not going to worry about it.

I'll never forget the time my favorite farmer at the farmers market was accosted by a "Karen" who demanded to know his cell phone number so that she could call him every Saturday to see what he had available, rather than bother with coming all the way out if he didn't have what she wanted. The farmer told her, "I'm sorry, but I don't own a cell phone." She got irate and said, "Oh, come on! EVERYONE owns a cell phone!" I was standing next to her at the time and said, "I don't." She turned to me as if I were crazy, and then stormed off. The farmer looked at me and said, "Will you marry me?" We laughed.

shimmerfly

Haha I do't own a smart phone either. I can't help but notice that people
have stopped talking to each other because they're too busy on their phones.
I'm still trudging through the new visits and found out more have moved in.
I will have to look for a place in the country soon! JK.

Black watch

I had four FS members in my old neighborhood, now only one in my new one. The trades have been on the low side, usually two-star, but small. Nothing bad there. A pretty decent balance of power is scattered throughout the cities. I'm now neighbors with Muck. That's cool.
I see only about 6 cities that are on the newish side of things.
I had 46 visits from neighbors before the end of the tenth page claimed them.
TomatoHu has hammered it. Inno needs to address that now.
I'm missing my old neighborhood, but this one's not bad, and it's a lot more active.
So, things, I'm sure will work out.

hvariidh gwendrot

they did fix platform visits for fast vists like app several updates ago .. everybody i know using pc has had that upgrade for a good chunk of time now .. and visits did increase which is sort of ok, i don't need coin or supplies any where, culture is ok .. i'll revise my "most worlds" landed in 0 star cross trade hell to 4/8 and the other 4 are about breakevenish, so maybe the move was to help the players i got moved in to, i would be curious what the AI city mover program has for parameters, but the fellowship is built to trade so that doesn't effect me getting my trades taken, so i hope my former neighbors were placed in better spots than i was .. now on a side note some of my new neighbors on a few worlds have some really rude and inappropriate city names lol but that's another topic

Last edited:

Huor

I polish the entire neighborhood everyday. On the app, it just takes a few minutes and let's me survey aw opportunities while I'm there, etc... If I was browser only, I would shoot myself after the first one or two as a reminder to never do that again.

PeggytheJust

You moved me to a new area and then literally took all the active players leaving me with inactives and gold mines. If it wasnt for guild trades, my trades would sit forever and as a new player, this is worse than death. I might as well find a new game because i cant grow with zero trade partners. And i visit every person on the map daily with zero return visits now.....

Last edited: