• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City movement

Huor

You moved me to a new area and then literally took all the active players leaving me with inactives and gold mines. If it wasnt for guild trades, my trades would sit forever and as a new player, this is worse than death. I might as well find a new game because i cant grow with zero trade partners. And i visit every person on the map daily with zero return visits now.....

They said there were some people that got missed. You should open a support ticket so they can see what happened to you.

for the second time in two days one of my cities was moved against my will. i'm really getting sick of this. i don't play on mobile BY CHOICE and actually don't like the mobile app. i don't care how long it takes to do neighbor visits on pc - it's a far better platform than mobile. inno needs to put back the "allow automatic movement to better position" button and RESPECT PLAYERS WISHES!

Iyapo1

I think Inno should move all the player who are complaining about being moved back to their old spots. Since they would only be moved into a desert and maybe displacing inactive players it should be do-able.

Edit: sarcasm. The massive number of complaints generated by players who had auto move turned off and who got left in deserts surrounded by inactive players was why the feature was removed.

Cleo7311

Which is it Helya - the big moves are done or we still have several rounds to go? Some players are seeing changes 3 days in a row. My Felyndral neighborhood changed some on Tuesday leaving many coin mines, a few regulars are gone and a few new are in, but 80% are still the same - mostly inactives. CS just sends out a general reply.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Cleo7311 If you want someone to be alerted that you mentioned them in a post, you need to put the @ in front of their name.

@helya whatever your bosses told you, they are definitely not only moving people on Mondays while they are doing this massive movement of almost everyone. Yes, there was the first major move on Monday, but more cities have been moved during the week too. I visited everyone in my new neighborhood once this week and I am already seeing many new names on the map and in the Trader since then. Personally, I am glad they are not limiting all this to just Mondays because the quicker they get it done, the better. And no, I was not moved a 2nd time.....yet. I am still in the same position and number of Rings from center that I was on Monday after the initial move.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I think Inno should move all the player who are complaining about being moved back to their old spots. Since they would only be moved into a desert and maybe displacing inactive players it should be do-able.

Edit: sarcasm. The massive number of complaints generated by players who had auto move turned off and who got left in deserts surrounded by inactive players was why the feature was removed.
We can't send them away empty handed so I made them a parting gift. He's not much of a trade partner, but Wilson Catalyst will provide culture and companionship in the lonely days ahead. Bon voyage and don't forget to apply sunscreen liberally!
wilson_catalyst_2.png

SunsetDanar

This is a huge undertaking and while the event is orchestrated by Inno, it is carried out by the servers. Only so much stored data can be transferred at any given point for any of the servers so they do the first job on the top down list, reevaluate and do it again which is why you may see multiple moves or why some may get skipped. This will be ongoing until the servers are satisfied that project has been completed.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@Cleo7311 If you want someone to be alerted that you mentioned them in a post, you need to put the @ in front of their name.

@helya whatever your bosses told you, they are definitely not only moving people on Mondays while they are doing this massive movement of almost everyone. Yes, there was the first major move on Monday, but more cities have been moved during the week too. I visited everyone in my new neighborhood once this week and I am already seeing many new names on the map and in the Trader since then. Personally, I am glad they are not limiting all this to just Mondays because the quicker they get it done, the better. And no, I was not moved a 2nd time.....yet. I am still in the same position and number of Rings from center that I was on Monday after the initial move.
Monday remains official move day. We're still trying to get some of the players that were missed in round one and are out in the boonies pulled into the main active section. I've given some player IDs that were particularly hit hard, and I believe the other CMs have as well. It also appears that any player that was inactive prior to the move, but then logged back in later that day might have to wait a while to be moved back to the active areas.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Which is it Helya - the big moves are done or we still have several rounds to go? Some players are seeing changes 3 days in a row. My Felyndral neighborhood changed some on Tuesday leaving many coin mines, a few regulars are gone and a few new are in, but 80% are still the same - mostly inactives. CS just sends out a general reply.
The big massive move is done, there is definitely still more moving to go, I'm pretty sure I said it would take a while to fully complete, but if I didn't, then Hey, it will take a while for the moves to complete.

Socrates28

While I have not been moved as yet (Support ticket is in btw), my Trader has been almost empty of all t1,2,3 trades, except for my FS that is. As an active trader I don't like where I am at all and look forward to being moved.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
While I have not been moved as yet (Support ticket is in btw), my Trader has been almost empty of all t1,2,3 trades, except for my FS that is. As an active trader I don't like where I am at all and look forward to being moved.
I've seen your ticket, so you're on my list. For a lot of players, they're not seeing any trades because their area is more active, hence the trades are picked up rather quickly. That's harder to say for you since you're on the outer edge of the active cities.

@PeggytheJust You weren't moved at all in this recent big move, so you'll likely be eligible when a spot opens with matching boosts.

SunsetDanar

The big massive move is done, there is definitely still more moving to go, I'm pretty sure I said it would take a while to fully complete, but if I didn't, then Hey, it will take a while for the moves to complete.

Thought I gave a how come to that.

rickyht

I've seen your ticket, so you're on my list. For a lot of players, they're not seeing any trades because their area is more active, hence the trades are picked up rather quickly. That's harder to say for you since you're on the outer edge of the active cities.

@PeggytheJust You weren't moved at all in this recent big move, so you'll likely be eligible when a spot opens with matching boosts.
heyla,
Why would inno schedule a massive change like this right before starting anew event? Wouldn' it make more sense to delay either the start of the new event or at least figure out a way to make the changes in between events? This would give the community a chance to reset and an opportunity to prepare and become used to the new neighborhood in order to enjoy the new event.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
heyla,
Why would inno schedule a massive change like this right before starting anew event? Wouldn' it make more sense to delay either the start of the new event or at least figure out a way to make the changes in between events? This would give the community a chance to reset and an opportunity to prepare and become used to the new neighborhood in order to enjoy the new event.
We always have an event going, it is rare to have very much downtime between events. The event Calendar is set a year in advance, and delaying it affects a ton of other things, so cannot happen. After the first smaller move, when we realized what had happened to all of the players with automatic movement turned off, it seemed better to get as many players relocated at once as we could, followed by several clean-up moves, rather than over phases as originally planned.

Movement shouldn't affect participation in the event anyway, this quest list is doable even if you are situated in the outer empty regions.

I totally understand that moving is hard. Even if your location wasn't stellar, you get used to your old neighbors, you know who will visit so if they fall off your notifications you can just go find them and provide neighborly help again, you know who you want to grab trades from as quickly as possible, and whose you want to avoid. You recognize all the names of the people you see in your notifications. You lose all of that when you are moved and it takes a while to get your feet back under you. For most of you, I do think you'll be happy in your new spot after a little while, as you settle in.

A few of you are still on the edges of the map, or out in the Abyss, those players are welcome to message me so I have your names on my list, we're working on a solution for you.

rickyht

We always have an event going, it is rare to have very much downtime between events. The event Calendar is set a year in advance, and delaying it affects a ton of other things, so cannot happen. After the first smaller move, when we realized what had happened to all of the players with automatic movement turned off, it seemed better to get as many players relocated at once as we could, followed by several clean-up moves, rather than over phases as originally planned.

Movement shouldn't affect participation in the event anyway, this quest list is doable even if you are situated in the outer empty regions.

I totally understand that moving is hard. Even if your location wasn't stellar, you get used to your old neighbors, you know who will visit so if they fall off your notifications you can just go find them and provide neighborly help again, you know who you want to grab trades from as quickly as possible, and whose you want to avoid. You recognize all the names of the people you see in your notifications. You lose all of that when you are moved and it takes a while to get your feet back under you. For most of you, I do think you'll be happy in your new spot after a little while, as you settle in.

A few of you are still on the edges of the map, or out in the Abyss, those players are welcome to message me so I have your names on my list, we're working on a solution for you.
Thanks for the quick reply and i"m sure we all really appreciate All the hard work you put in to help our community !!!!!