• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City movement

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I know this is an old topic and I havent been playing as long as most of you but the move wasnt all that great even though I didnt really know anyone before it happened. What it did was make it impossible to trade for certain items. Very rarely or ever is anyone trading for one certain good. Everyone demands it no one offers it. All this does is mean you have to spend a lot of coins to continue on. So how do they decide where you go? And is there anything one can do to get to a more amiable place?

@Lord of Waste I see you are in a fellowship of 1. One of the most critical benefits of a fellowship is extending your no fee trading network by up to 24 people. In a well-oiled FS, fellows tend to take care of each other's trades and neighbors become more secondary trade partners, or can even be ignored completely. Generally, the larger cities with vast inventories will sweep through their traders and clear out fellowship trades for them. I started in desert on the edge of the world. There weren't that many cities around me to even trade with. Without a FS, I would not really be able to trade before I got moved. With a good fellowship, I can bear through the desert map with some teeth grinding. Lastly, if you don't see trades that are favorable to you, list your own. I don't really list trades these days since I mostly fight so I don't use my resources to really need anything, but I go through my trader and help my FS and neighbors with trades and will help out neighbors too since I remember what it's like starting out in a desert with nobody to trade with.

Iyapo1

I am in the process of upgrading 3 more scroll manufactories on Harander for this very reason.

Lord of Waste

I guess I should have thought about it earlier and not took the tips for granted about not building non boosted good manufactories and use the trader

Lord of Waste

@Lord of Waste I see you are in a fellowship of 1. One of the most critical benefits of a fellowship is extending your no fee trading network by up to 24 people. In a well-oiled FS, fellows tend to take care of each other's trades and neighbors become more secondary trade partners, or can even be ignored completely. Generally, the larger cities with vast inventories will sweep through their traders and clear out fellowship trades for them. I started in desert on the edge of the world. There weren't that many cities around me to even trade with. Without a FS, I would not really be able to trade before I got moved. With a good fellowship, I can bear through the desert map with some teeth grinding. Lastly, if you don't see trades that are favorable to you, list your own. I don't really list trades these days since I mostly fight so I don't use my resources to really need anything, but I go through my trader and help my FS and neighbors with trades and will help out neighbors too since I remember what it's like starting out in a desert with nobody to trade with.
I understand what you are saying but I would have to get members from way outside My circle.

Sprite1313

I understand what you are saying but I would have to get members from way outside My circle.
Yes, that’s the beauty of a fellowship. None of my FS members are anywhere near me on the map. You don’t have to be near other cities to join a fellowship. Start looking up the fellowships in your world, read their overviews and find one you think you might enjoy. Then strike up a conversation with the AM or a Mage and see if they would take you. Or, search the community pages here (or, alternatively, post in the ‘member seeking fellowship’ thread of the appropriate world). A good FS makes all of the difference. When I first joined my current FS, I was a tiny city (the timing was wonderful, and I lucked out getting accepted while still so small). They helped me with lopsided trades, I got my production boosted quickly and haven’t looked back. And, they are a super-fun group of people who bring me so much joy just from chatting with them.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Your neighborhood might be short on one good. Other neighborhoods of your fellows may not. You will also get players boosted in the goods you are missing. Double coverage.
Yes, that's true. There has been many a time when a neighbor needed steel and offered planks, and one of our fellowship members needed planks and offered steel, so even though I didn't need either at that time, I just took up all the trades of my neighbor and fed them to my fellowship member, and vice versa. Both were happy.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yes, that's true. There has been many a time when a neighbor needed steel and offered planks, and one of our fellowship members needed planks and offered steel, so even though I didn't need either at that time, I just took up all the trades of my neighbor and fed them to my fellowship member, and vice versa. Both were happy.

If I see two neighbors offering opposite goods, I always take what I can for the two, so they get their goods and my balance does not change, because their is a good chance those two players have not discovered each other.

What irks me is when two members of my fellowship post opposite trades. I mean, is it so hard to look at the available trades first before you post yours? lol

Zoof

If I see two neighbors offering opposite goods, I always take what I can for the two, so they get their goods and my balance does not change, because their is a good chance those two players have not discovered each other.

What irks me is when two members of my fellowship post opposite trades. I mean, is it so hard to look at the available trades first before you post yours? lol
In reverse order

Yes. /s
More seriously, if it's not laziness, it's may be because one or more of the fellows are fishing in their neighborhood (and have forgotten to use trading codes, if any exist in that fellowship). I had another reason in mind, but it fled my brainpan like a frightened animal the instant I started typing a reply.

I also enjoy doing the balancing thing between my neighbors too, for much the same reason you stated. And, more selfishly, to make the list in the trader smaller so I feel like I accomplished something.

EDIT: As a more general response to the fellowship thing, fellowships do indeed solve quite a few trading problems. Especially if there's someone in the fellowship who has taken the role of quartermaster (officially, or "officially")

sambria

Chef
i have not been moved for ages and appreciate t because when i first started playing, literally every day i was getting the email saying that i ahd been moved on the world map. I'm in a neighbourhood with lots of helping hands. Its great!!

DeletedUser30612

Have they stopped moving people? How many coin pits do they want you to have before your moved? My little chapter 2 so far has 7 coin pits growing in amount daily.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Have they stopped moving people? How many coin pits do they want you to have before your moved? My little chapter 2 so far has 7 coin pits growing in amount daily.
They haven't stopped moving people, according to Helya. They'll keep moving them every week. Your turn will no doubt come up, but maybe you should ask support about it. I don't know if they can do it manually, but I know they're thinking about acquiring manual tools to do it.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I don't know if they can do it manually, but I know they're thinking about acquiring manual tools to do it.
Poor @Socrates28 is still waiting so I don’t think manual move is active yet.

@Snowberri if it’s any consolation, I don’t think 7 gold mines is that terrible. I was looking at my Halloween map and it’s cropped at 1 row of gold mines, but there were 2 more rows of it in my old map. So I prob had around 21 gold mines. If I had scouted East, they would all be gold mines because I was on the fringe of the world and nobody was out there. Hopefully, you got yourself in an active FS so your trades are taken care of without need for neighbors.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Take into account that in a circle, there will be always people at the outskirts.
this means it's inevitable that there will still be people with empty areas.

the idea is that as long as those who are there are still active even half a neigbourhood is much better than the old one where 90% of your neighbours would be dead accounts.

At places where mines exist, quite often mines are fillen and emptied again as players join the game an not all stick around so get removed after a few days because of inactivity and filled with another new player again.

Kadhrin

At places where mines exist, quite often mines are fillen and emptied again as players join the game an not all stick around so get removed after a few days because of inactivity and filled with another new player again.
Ideally, yes. It depends on where you are on the board.
I'm on the frontier. A couple of weeks ago, my immediate-southeastern neighbor was a newbie, and then a mine for a few days until a recently reactivated player got moved in.
In the semi-active area to the south, it seems that people who get moved out/eliminated are immediately replaced. Not all of them are very active.
The inactive area to the north gets more mines, but also gets inactive people. Some of the names up there have changed.
My two active neighbors to the immediate north got moved and replaced with mines this morning. Hopefully this means I'll get moved soon.

well I sure wish that all of y'all would stop leaving the dead bodies where Inno could find them - they must be burying them around my city - I had 29 graves ( oops- coin cities) out there not too long ago and now I have 45 or 46. And the rest of my neighbors do not trade that much - I think they are also senior citizens just waiting to kick the bucket. I just hope that they don'tkick the bucket my way. The rotten thing about this is that you can not even file a ticket on this as support can do nothing. The first date on this thread was from back in Nov when @helya first posted the announcement so it would appear to me that either the move is proving to be too much for the developers - or the mechanism is now broken in Ceravyn