• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City movement

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Yeah, those guys are going to graduate with honors because their parents are alumni, and they'll get cushy jobs in the Guild where they'll have seniority and, if they make a mistake, they won't bear the consequences...we will!
Note: They were never on the varsity Dodgeball team and their high school didn’t even have a Dodgeball team. It was all Photoshopped in the application. Someone may or may not have added a paw print to make it look like @Sir Squirrel was involved to throw off the trail.

I have said too much.

You see those students struggling to control the undead they've summoned outside the Necro Academy? Yeah, those guys are going to graduate with honors because their parents are alumni, and they'll get cushy jobs in the Guild where they'll have seniority and, if they make a mistake, they won't bear the consequences...we will!

Yeah, the alchemy students aren't any better. They blew up the faculty building on Level 2.

Kadhrin

I'm gonna need more dwarves to staff all these mines.
Good thing I've got beer festivals going.

Attachments

• Dwarven Beer Festivals.jpg
    Dwarven Beer Festivals.jpg
    617.2 KB · Views: 68

Kadhrin

With apologies to John Lennon and Paul McCartney....

When I get older, with greying hair
(Not so long from now!)
Will I still be spending so much playing time
Cursing each new discovered mine?
If I send out yet another scout
Will I find still more?
Will the map be nice, or give me more mines —
I’ve got sixty-four!

Deleted User - 849777001

I play every day several hours a day being 80. Don't remember seeing any message this was coming.
But f course, if you posted it on FB I might not have. Only go their to see if its some of my old friends
birthdays. Lost my two best friends in Khelonaar so not as much fun now. Sad..been playing a long time
buy maybe that's a sign that time to quit.
Oh...don't quit!
Tho' not quite 80...my mental aquity, social skills, and sometimes my spelling skills, have improved since arriving in Elvenar. Besides...where else can you go in your 'jammies, sit in THE Comfy Hole...in your favorite chair...without eyebrows or dentures (TMI?)...and make good frens?

Whoopee - I now have 77 coin cities as neighbors - now I know some of you have said somebody has got to be in this position - so I will offer my position on the map to you, because for some reason I am not excited to play this city. Maybe Inno could refund the money that I have spent on Ceravyn - or give me credit in my other cities and then they could have this city ? Plus side on that would be that they wouldn't have to do anything more with it than they have been doing. Thank you @helya for interceding on our behalf but I am getting really discouraged by all of this

Deleted User - 1178646

Whoopee - I now have 77 coin cities as neighbors - now I know some of you have said somebody has got to be in this position - so I will offer my position on the map to you, because for some reason I am not excited to play this city. Maybe Inno could refund the money that I have spent on Ceravyn - or give me credit in my other cities and then they could have this city ? Plus side on that would be that they wouldn't have to do anything more with it than they have been doing. Thank you @helya for interceding on our behalf but I am getting really discouraged by all of this
Ok instead of countring mines, how many neighbours do you have?

Instead on focussing on that the glass is half empty, why not look at the half full glass?

Lady Dastardly

It's a shame that the movement tool doesn't seem to prioritize moving bigger active cities. I would much rather have Willie moved into my (quite good) neighborhood than the constant parade of Ch. 1-2 cities that you can tell are already abandoned and will vanish within a week or 2.

@Willie B. Gone is in the very bottom right corner of the map, so they basically have no neighbors on 2 sides. I wouldn't be thrilled to be there either.

Deleted User - 1178646

It's a shame that the movement tool doesn't seem to prioritize moving bigger active cities. I would much rather have Willie moved into my (quite good) neighborhood than the constant parade of Ch. 1-2 cities that you can tell are already abandoned and will vanish within a week or 2.

@Willie B. Gone is in the very bottom right corner of the map, so they basically have no neighbors on 2 sides. I wouldn't be thrilled to be there either.
Yes but if you focus in life only on the negative part life becomes so hard.

If I look in my neigbourhood at the things that are bad, and focus all my attention on it, dam even my great RL neighbourhood wouold be very hard to live in.

So mines: Easy to get the coins quickly, I still have lovely neighbours, I have my great FS and I do not need them.
Life is so much more fun when we look at the good things instead.

His problem will be solved eventually next week? next year? some day. mocking untill that time is just making things hard for yourself.

Instead on focussing on that the glass is half empty, why not look at the half full glass?

@Crazy Wizard I have about 140 neighbors being shown by clicking on the neighbors icon on the world map - but they do not visit, nor do they choose to pick up my trades ( always 2 star) . My notifications have gone up since I just joined an active fs ( notifications have reached 8 pages now so 44 in total), in other cities that I have - notifications are running about17 - 18 pages, and if I have placed some trades - 20 - 21 pages and the trades are gone within a day. you might have some lovely neighbors - and I used to here as well, but they are all gone now and are not being replaced, And in answer to your question - the best answer I have seen to the glass half empty was given by Bill Cosby's mom - after hearing the question she replied whether the glass is half empty -or half full depends on whether you are drinking it , or pouring it

Socrates28

@helya Is it possible for you to tell us just what criteria the "Moving Tool" uses to actually decide which city to move where?
Yes I was moved to a "better" location, but I wonder if I can do even better.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I'm curious about why they are moving ch1-2 low level non-active/abandondedc cities in better spots than active ones? You would think the abandoned ones would be moved to the edges instead of ones that at least play here and there. Just a thought. (I'm happy where I got moved to but slowly they are taking away the good active players to move in abandoned cities... several times a week, not only one day a week. Just wondering how long and who will end up being my real neighbors)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@helya Is it possible for you to tell us just what criteria the "Moving Tool" uses to actually decide which city to move where?
Yes I was moved to a "better" location, but I wonder if I can do even better.

Not sure how much she is allowed to share about it, but I think one of the problems they are hoping to fix, whenever Support is finally given the ability to manually move a city, is that the movement tool only runs on Mondays, I think, but new cities are auto-deleted every day of the week and replaced with other new cities, rather than an older and bigger city being moved into that better location. Of course, as some bigger and older cities in better spots get abandoned, then those are the spots that are emptied and replaced with active cities on movement day. But now that most of those have been dealt with, there are fewer and fewer good spots left that are not auto-filled all week long by newly created cities. This why over in the City Center thread that, on each server, the center city always seems to be small. Someone starts and quits and is replaced by another new city, instead of Support moving a big city into that center spot for more stability.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
The general rules about who is moved is furthest out is moved in first, provided there is a space with matching boosts. That's often what slows it down the most. If 8 spots with a specific set of boosts open up but 120 players with those boosts are eligible, well 122 players are left behind to be disappointed.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Now I'm wondering what are the boosts of the left behind players.
If I'm plank, scroll, dust and they all quit, will the few remaining be moved or will all new players be given those boosts and map spots?
If I'm plank, scroll, dust and none of them ever quit, I will never ever be moved?

*My cities have been moved. I'm not complaining, just pondering.:)

Last edited:

Huor

Really sounds like they need to change up the criteria of who gets the active neighbor spots on the map. i.e. if you don't polish your neighbors on a regular basis, then you get gold mines because it won't hurt you anyway. If you haven't logged on in 3 days, gold mines. Same reasoning, you're not helping your neighbors. Trades are taken care of in the fellowship. Supplies should be added to gold mines to simulate gold hands. Inno could also add npc traders like they do in one of the other games to pick up your trades at 2 star value and place fair trades for you. They could make these only visible to those in the corn field. I'm just saying there are things that could be done to support all those in the cornfields and all the changes I mentioned are server side translucent (nothing's ever transparent to the user. lol). No client changes. I can't blame those left in the cornfield for leaving. Even those of us not in the cornfield are having a heck of a time with t1/t2 vs. t3, but that's a different story. lol.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Really sounds like they need to change up the criteria of who gets the active neighbor spots on the map.
See, I was thinking (there I go again!) it might be preferable to change up the criteria for where new cities are randomly dropped on the map during those 6 days where no one else is moving. Dead cities hit their delete date and a gold mine appears. It would be more beneficial to the existing players that currently active cities get moved into those open slots than to have it taken by a brand new player. But there's 6 days of new cities being created and only one day of existing player movement. Of course, that opens the question of how that impacts the ability to retain new players: can't throw them out in the weeds and expect them to continue with the game. So, how do you distribute them?
And since I have zero knowledge of how all of this works, I also have no idea which would be a better/easier/whatever solution, lol! I said I was thinking, not that I had any concrete answers;)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@Willie B. Gone I started on the southeast corner of Ceravyn too. As I've said in other posts, both of my cities started in large swaths of desert so I actually didn't know this was unusual for the longest time. I thought all new cities started out in deserts. I didn't know better! However, now that I do know, I still agree with @CrazyWizard. It's not ideal, but it's also not a deal breaker. An inactive map can be overcome with an active fellowship. In your situation, I would be more concerned about why my FS is not picking up my trades, especially if they are 2* trades like you said. It's one thing to not see the trade combo you want listed in the trader, but posting your own same tier trades at 2* minimum should mean it flies out the door in an active FS. Personally, I enjoy the group elements of the game the most. I do not enjoy fellowships where it's 25 solo artists doing their own thing while pretending to be in a band. I'm not sticking around in those kinds of fellowships anymore. I have the most fun in fellowships that want to play as a team and support each other.

They could make these only visible to those in the corn field. I'm just saying there are things that could be done to support all those in the cornfields and all the changes I mentioned are server side translucent (nothing's ever transparent to the user. lol). No client changes. I can't blame those left in the cornfield for leaving. Even those of us not in the cornfield are having a heck of a time with t1/t2 vs. t3, but that's a different story. lol.
Perhaps I survived the cornfields because I have learned to embrace my inner child of the corn.