• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City movement

Pheryll

Set Designer
i could throw this idea out:
rather than waiting for a spot to be opened to move someone who is lucky enough to be selected, just move EVERYONE. set the system to exchange player positions every X time period. then no one would have a static good or bad position. plus it would encourage people to do more neighborly visits, b/c they'd be meeting new neighbors regularly.

Something is indeed going on routinely. I was visiting my neighbors (via world map pop up feature) and one of them on my list gave an error when I tried to visit. Refreshing the pop up showed another player in the place that the one I couldn't visit was located.

Sweetp

Ex-Team Member
If something was going on @Dew Spinner, rest assured I'd know. Moving cities is separate from new cities and newly started cities are often placed close to the center. As such, older cities get moved less often.
When you try and visit a neighbor city that has been moved you will get the pop up, since it no longer is local to you.

Count Rupert

If something was going on @Dew Spinner, rest assured I'd know. Moving cities is separate from new cities and newly started cities are often placed close to the center. As such, older cities get moved less often.
When you try and visit a neighbor city that has been moved you will get the pop up, since it no longer is local to you.
Well, something is going on. It may not be part of the program for moving cities toward the center, but something is happening. I'm on the outer fringes by the wastelands. I've had cities disappear and replaced with gold mines on days other than Mondays. Are cities removed from the map for being inactive for two months only done on Monday? My experience suggests they're done on the day they hit day 60 whether it's Monday or some other day which could explain what appear to be moves. New cities may often be placed near the center but not always. I had two gold mines replaced by new players today. Both are in the section of the map is basically dead. There no cities at all to their immediate north and east. They're each others' immediate known playing neighbor as this general area is where inactive cities from other sections get moved to on Mondays. This doesn't seem to a very helpful location for new players we hope to have become regular players.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'll say this: I abandoned a chapter 16 city for a few months and it was moved out of its near-center sweet spot to the middle of nowhere, which is fair.

Count Rupert

I used to think how bad could my spot be with Deborah M. in my neighborhood thinking she must be somewhere near the center. Of course you don't know what you don't know until you see it. My scouting is now reaching those wastelands she mentions north and east of her city. Begins to explain the general lack of visits even without the gaudy gold mine number many have. It's an ominous sign to see row after row of established cities with no fellowship flags.

Dew Spinner

In order to place that new city the other city occupying that spot must be moved or deactivated.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I have new neighbors replacing other ones more than just Monday. (I'm happy with my current location but just letting people know) My guess is they are just new baby cities being made I think?

StarLoad

I've had cities disappear and replaced with gold mines on days other than Mondays.
you are mixing the Two concepts of moving cities and New/deleted cities. If I make a new city it does not wait until Monday to place it. It is done right then. If a city is deleted it happens when its, "time is up" whenever that is. I started a city recently on a Thursday/Friday and I was on the edge. the following Monday it was moved.

Ed

Count Rupert

you are mixing the Two concepts of moving cities and New/deleted cities. If I make a new city it does not wait until Monday to place it. It is done right then. If a city is deleted it happens when its, "time is up" whenever that is. I started a city recently on a Thursday/Friday and I was on the edge. the following Monday it was moved.

Ed
I think my point was in counter to Sweetp's remark about new cities mostly being placed near the center and how at the edges isn't an ideal location for new players.

StarLoad

I think my point was in counter to Sweetp's remark about new cities mostly being placed near the center and how at the edges isn't an ideal location for new players.
You both used the term Often
New cities may often be placed near the center but not always.
newly started cities are often placed close to the center
And yes the edge is not ideal for any active player new or old, but as I pointed out I started a new city late in the week and the first Monday after it got moved to a more central location full of players. So new cities are getting priority on moves it seems, even at the detriment of older cities.

Ed

Pheryll

Set Designer
@Pheryll City movements are done once a week. It often happens on Mondays, but no guarantees.
Perhaps this is what you have experienced.

No it is not. The day was Sunday, (the same day as posting) and the city was replaced with another city, showing up the same exact place on the neighbor tab when I refreshed. I did not check to see if the city replacing it was a new city.

Think I have hit on an idea that might be fair to all ? Make all of the coin cities and province very easy to do om the map and in the tourney - after all if there is no one there to defend the city or province - it should be very easy to do ! All of the people that are now complaining might be satisfied - and all of the very hard provinces that we have been saddled with that have no defenders there would be gone. Others might even start asking to have their cities parked in the dead zones?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Think I have hit on an idea that might be fair to all ? Make all of the coin cities and province very easy to do om the map and in the tourney - after all if there is no one there to defend the city or province - it should be very easy to do ! All of the people that are now complaining might be satisfied - and all of the very hard provinces that we have been saddled with that have no defenders there would be gone. Others might even start asking to have their cities parked in the dead zones?
The coin cities are already a single click, not sure they could be much easier.

Tournaments take place in the wild spaces between the cities. they have nothing to do with the cities. Coding to change how tournaments work and add checks for whether there is an active city near it would be level of complexity which seems unlikely to appeal to the developers if they aren't willing to fix much more basic underlying issues.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
The coin cities are already a single click, not sure they could be much easier.

Tournaments take place in the wild spaces between the cities. they have nothing to do with the cities. Coding to change how tournaments work and add checks for whether there is an active city near it would be level of complexity which seems unlikely to appeal to the developers if they aren't willing to fix much more basic underlying issues.
But - we did use to tourney with our neighbors, not our fellows, remember? I bet they still have a record of the old tournament code, from mid 2016 to early 2017, maybe it could be adapted.

Evidently my sarcasm was wasted here - I do apologize