• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City Planning for a Chapter 3 Elf

Gladiola

I should clarify that I fight round 5 and cater round 6. Squad size does make a difference in the amount of losses that you experience because with smaller squads you have fewer losses; many times I don't lose any troops because my squad sizes are so small.

Also, I don't go very far in the tournament. This week I'm only going 4 provinces. Next week it will be 5.

Hopefully this will solve the mystery.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Squad size does make a difference in the amount of losses that you experience because with smaller squads you have fewer losses;
That's not how it works though, if the enemy does enough damage to kill 1 unit (not squad) it will kill 1 unit. This doesn't change if there are 100 units in your squad or 1,000 units in your squad.
many times I don't lose any troops because my squad sizes are so small.
In rare cases, due to rounding, it may make a difference of 1 single unit(not squad), but having smaller squad sizes does not change the formula in any way.
If you often have zero losses it's because your army killed the enemy before the enemy had a chance to hit you.

Last edited:

Gladiola

That's not how it works though, if the enemy does enough damage to kill 1 unit (not squad) it will kill 1 unit. This doesn't change if there are 100 units in your squad or 1,000 units in your squad.

In rare cases, due to rounding, it may make a difference of 1 single unit(not squad), but having smaller squad sizes does not change the formula in any way.
If you often have zero losses it's because your army killed the enemy before the enemy had a chance to hit you.

@SoggyShorts it makes a difference when there is just one unit in my squads, because of rounding. My treants are not killing other things before they get a shot off, but the opposing squads are so small they can't kill even one treant. Whereas if my squad sizes were bigger, the enemy would be big enough to kill one of them.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
it makes a difference when there is just one unit in my squads
That's what I was thinking when I first wrote "in rare cases", but then thought you were past the point of single units in squads.
Regardless, the point remains that taking optional SS techs doesn't hurt, and can't be the reason why 1 player would do much better than another.