• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City Planning for Chapter 5 Elf

Gladiola

I'm putting this here as a placeholder because it's getting late, although if anyone wants to play around with my future city, have at it. All the buildings I really must have are in the city. I'd also love to be able to fit in a Martial Monastery and/or Golden Abyss. I think I could substitute the GA for a residence.

I have more playing around to do, but I welcome thoughts.

https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/5286a8f8573a4632b0ea53313654c394/

Gladiola

OK, I have created a balanced city with the addition of the Pilgrim's Forge, which I wasn't expecting to get. I fit everything I want in except for I'd rather have a second level 15 elixir manufactory instead of level 8, and I'd like to have a 4th level 15 crystal manufactory.

https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/5d62aeee39254495a646b212edfc953c/

@Kazaaar @SoggyShorts and everyone, help me out here. How can I make this better? @Lelanya do you have a suggestion to make this more efficient as a spiral?

Thanks!

Edit: I also realize I'm probably going to want a Main Hall above level 10, at least level 12. So I'll need more population and culture for that. And barracks too, probably. Sigh.

Here's another version with a lot more aggressive wonders, level 12 main hall and level 14 barracks. It's not outside the realm of possibility but I'd rather have something that didn't rely so much on the wonders, especially GA.

https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/a96b81430cf544cfb2242e3e41c98c65/

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I wouldn't bother going to level 14 barracks, your queue time is already down to under 2h at level 12 unless you start adding armories.

Deleted User - 849402856

@Gladiola, I am a bit busy nowadays with RL matters. I spent some time with your city, but honestly I don't think it is possible to incorporate all the changes you want--it is simply much beyond what you can do with 25 expansions. Also, you should know that you are already familiar with the key principles of city planning, so any improvement from your design will at most be minor (e.g., a couple of tiles from fewer streets).

This is the outcome of my work. This is not complete, because I cannot find ways to get enough pop and culture. A few notable changes I made are as follows:
1. I upgraded workshops to Lv15, as lower-level workshops are less efficient.
2. To do so, I needed to expand the usable spaces "horizontally." Therefore, I moved cultural buildings located on the right-hand side of your layout to the bottom of the city.
3. I upgraded one Elixir manufactory to Lv15.
4. I needed to replace some pure-culture buildings with culture-pop hybrids to get more pop.

I think my city design is quite close to what might be optimal (I saved 3 more street tiles compared to your design). Also, I like my design because it looks quite organized. However, I still couldn't have enough pop and culture, and I also couldn't fit one marble manufactory. The culture problem might be resolved if you upgrade all the streets, and the pop problem also might be resolved if you add several extra levels to the GA. That being said, I still haven't incorporated other changes you wanted--one more crystal manufactory, more levels on the main hall and the barracks. To me, it seems they just cannot be all fit in a city of this size.

If you are interested, you can take a look at my city. I have recently entered Chapter 6, but I haven't built any guest-race buildings yet, and the size of my city-27 expansions--is similar to yours (I recently purchased 3 expansions, but I am not using them yet). If you compare the two cities, the biggest difference is the number of residences. I have replaced many residences with culture-pop hybrids as well as evolving buildings from events. In addition, I need fewer population in the first place because I have fewer manufactories (for example, I haven't built any T3 manufactories because I am currently producing excess T1 and T2 from my city, which then I can trade with T3). Lastly, I intentionally did not max the level of my manufactories because I realized that higher-level manufactories require too much population. They are kept at Lv 12 ~ 13, and they still produce enough goods for me. Therefore, compared to upgrading them to Lv 15, keeping them at Lv 12 ~ 13 allows me to save some space for pop.

The bottom line is that you have to think about whether you really need all those manufactories and other buildings/building levels. You can probably get by with fewer/lower-level manufactories, which will open up more spaces for anything else that you want to add to your city.

DeletedUser27062

I have replaced many residences with culture-pop hybrids as well as evolving buildings from events. In addition, I need fewer population in the first place because I have fewer manufactories (for example, I haven't built any T3 manufactories because I am currently producing excess T1 and T2 from my city, which then I can trade with T3).
My ch 9 city in Arendyll still has no T3 manufactories but I don't cross trade for goods anymore either. Once I started getting hybrid buildings that gave T3 I used those. I maintain a 1.2 mil balance of T3, collecting 25k T3 daily Not cross trading for T3 allowed me to reduce my T1 and T2 manufactories.

Gladiola

I wouldn't bother going to level 14 barracks, your queue time is already down to under 2h at level 12 unless you start adding armories.

That's a good point, but I rely on picking up production really often during the day, so barracks speed matters even if it means I don't "use" all the time overnight. If I pick up 10-12 times a day, then increasing my barracks speed by 20% makes at least a 10% difference in my total troop numbers, even without a lot of armories.

Gladiola

@Kazaaar I love how organized your version is! I am going to try to incorporate elements of it.

The lower-level workshops and more of them is a strategic choice. I get a lot of my supplies from the cycling quests, so for example I pretty much always have Advanced Tools running on those level 4 workshops so that I get the extra supplies from the 2 Advanced Tools + coins quest on average 5 times a day for 35,000 supplies total -- which is substantially more than a level 15 workshop would produce. That also means I have a few more workshops available to complete event quests and FA badges.

Gladiola

Well, with my Spire runs this week that garnered me a Moonstone Library, Endless Scroll, Mana Plant and 4 (4!) Gum trees, I am going to be making some changes to this layout. I have to give up the Martial Monastery (it will have to be a chapter 6 thing), but I can fit the Moonstone set pieces in its place.

What do people think? I am gonna be rolling in resources!

https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/09b8beb5ddee4721bdb139af83e98fdd/