• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City Planning Rambling

DeletedUser20951

I started planning for the first 3 expansions in act IV at the end of act II
I ended up with about 30 screenshots that detailed each progression plus audibles called from buildings won in Mermaids

Yes I am weird
The weirder, the better! Your dedication to your city construction is admirable.

Chrizty

I plan ahead, I have a google sheet I made for each chapter lol, so I know what buildings get upgraded in what chapter, as well as size, Pop & cult needed, how many expansions in the tree and world map I will get, A list of my AWs and if they give Pop n cult when upgraded, and even a list of event buildings and how much RR spells needed for upgrades. I do try to upgrade event buildings for Pop & cult rather than trying to find room for another building, hey,,every little bit helps lol ;-)
But,,, just because I plan ahead don't mean it will go as planned lol, New Event buildings can be a game changer!! ;-)
I thought I had the pop covered that I will need with these crab hotels, I have 3, not yet put in, BUT the next event,,,,I must have the brown bear! lol so here I go again lol,,,,

DeletedUser20951

But,,, just because I plan ahead don't mean it will go as planned lol, New Event buildings can be a game changer!! ;-)
Even my limited plans tend to go horribly wrong. Currently, I have a bunch of stuff I want to place but this conflicts with a strong need to up an armory to produce orcs (oh Gods, I have so much to bring up to date, but this seems the most important), and I don't have anywhere approaching enough space for the armory and more than one set or event building... I'll have to chose. I want everything placed! KHHHAAANNN!!!

DeletedUser2207

I'm feeling pretty frustrated right now with lack of info for city planning ...

Maybe the next chapter will be out soon, or maybe it will 4 months from now - if I knew either way I could, you know, actually plan around that

Maybe the the new format for the zodiac bear event will become standard event format, maybe it will switch to something similar but more tier balanced, maybe it will go back to the old format after this event... who knows?

But I can't plan a city design around "who knows" :(

So meanwhile, I will continue to not delete anything and not build anything and not work through the next chapter and not fully participate in events until firm information becomes available :(:(:(

DeletedUser20951

Aye, it's not cool to be left out in Limbo. The lack of communication from Inno is hard to swallow, and, disturbingly, I suspect it is often because they don't know exactly where the release of new stuff stands, in most cases. :/

Socrates28

Maybe the next chapter will be out soon, or maybe it will 4 months from now - if I knew either way I could, you know, actually plan around that
Maybe the the new format for the zodiac bear event will become standard event format, maybe it will switch to something similar but more tier balanced, maybe it will go back to the old format after this event... who knows?
But I can't plan a city design around "who knows" :(
So meanwhile, I will continue to not delete anything and not build anything and not work through the next chapter and not fully participate in events until firm information becomes available :(:(:(
Like you I like to plan ahead and have the end design of my city and the steps needed to get there firmly in my mind before I begin.
My plan for the next chapter is leave a lot of space open and see what happens. That is all the "Planning" I can do. o_O

DeletedUser20951

I feel for you both, @alegria and @Socrates28, even though I don't plan much of anything in the game. But outside of the game? RUIN, POX, AND DAMNATION upon whatever stands in my way of planning out my day! Strict industry and efficiency to complete the tasks in order... until it's all done, then I kick back and unwind with lackadaisical, directionless leisure. Whee!

DeletedUser20951

I've done a lot of rearranging in the last month or so, with much of the tinkering extending into the wee hours of the night until I finally would throw my hands up in the air in frustration at not simply not accomplishing anything, but making the layout situation worse, as is my wont to do. Finally got everything (mostly) where I want it, and a strange realization occurred to me... I don't just like how my cities look, but love it. BOTH OF THEM (it's usually one or the other that I am pleased with at different stages). Didn't think it was possible to grow fond of the Orcish architecture, but that is what has happened (perhaps due to a sort of Stockholm Syndrome going on?). Regardless of the reason behind it, I am ridiculously happy, as far as my little virtual sand castles are concerned, because when my cities are visually appealing to me, I enjoy the game much more. *does happy spastic dance*