• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Climate Change VS Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusaderMichael

I find it strange Texas of all places is so freezing, while so many governments are trying to make things colder.

I wonder how many people supportive of governments trying to make things colder, are living in Texas and thinking, "THIS ISN'T COLD ENOUGH FOR US TEXANS !!!"

I wonder if when a new ice age starts (not saying it's about to happen), people trying to make things colder, will do a 180 and say, "LET'S DIG UP THE OIL AND USE DIRTY FUEL CARS AT RECORD PACE AND USE AS MUCH COAL AS POSSIBLE".

In fact, we all know a new ice age will come, we just aren't sure exactly when it will happen. So, maybe the cooling so many want, will make it an extra bad ice age. With weird squirrels chasing giant nuts around the countryside.

Or, maybe, just maybe.... the warming can't be stopped (if it's even happening at all) and it will counteract the next ice age... and the ice age will never happen at all, but instead will be replaced with a perfect season for the entire planet that lasts forever. Thanks to people like me in gas hogs tearing up the roads, making everything a little bit warmer.

(bows)

The End. (now that i spent a few minutes on this post I can go finish my 52nd event quest)

Deleted User - 849192770

or you could be killing the planet by thinning the ozone layer like 97% of scientists say.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Wait, is this sarcasm, or do you really think that climate change is just about the world getting hotter?

CrusaderMichael

it started off with "we're causing global cooling"... then things got warmer.

So it changed to "we're causing global warming"... then the data showed it starting to cool again.

So then they changed it to "we're causing climate change"... so, it's our fault no matter what happens they say.

And the answer they say? Whether it was global cooling, or global warming, or climate change, the answer is the same... "give us money and we'll save the worrrrld !!!".

While people like Biden's climate czar, ride around in his private het.

The ice age is coming.... keep it warm.

DeletedUser27581

Oh look. Another divisive post on the internet from someone who needs some attention, who thinks they are so clever and witty for the way they put others down. Yay.

The Lounge is a place for players to come *together* to talk silly nonsense.

Who cares what your political views are or what "they" say? I certainly don't care for reading about it on a gaming forum.
It's been great to see so many people coming together to help those in need in Texas right now. Let's focus on that instead, shall we?

Moho

Chef
The Earth alternates between long ice ages and interglacial periods. The current interglacial period is called the Holocene.

Due to human activity, the next ice age is expected to occur in 50,000 years' time.

CrusaderMichael

Oh look. Another divisive post on the internet from someone who needs some attention, who thinks they are so clever and witty for the way they put others down. Yay.

The Lounge is a place for players to come *together* to talk silly nonsense.

Who cares what your political views are or what "they" say? I certainly don't care for reading about it on a gaming forum.
It's been great to see so many people coming together to help those in need in Texas right now. Let's focus on that instead, shall we?

Does anyone know what the word "hypocrite" means?

I assure you the word "hypocrite" does NOT mean "makes up issues in a single sentence that never occurred, just to have something to complain about"... ALTHOUGH, both quoted in this paragraph apply.

I'm just glad not all people get all angry over a climate change post. The world would be a pretty sad place if everyone got all upset over things such as this... all in the name of a desire to "come together".

Nothing like an angry, bitter post to help the people of the world "come together" haha.

Comical.

But this is NOT a comical post. This is about saving humanity from the inevitable ice age.

Let's keep the world warm.

We don't want wooly mammoths evolving from seals EVER AGAIN !!!! (for those of you who believe in evolution).

KEEP YOUR HEATERS ON !!!

#WoolyMammothPreventionHeaters

SoggyShorts

t started off with "we're causing global cooling"... then things got warmer.
So it changed to "we're causing global warming"... then the data showed it starting to cool again.
So then they changed it to "we're causing climate change"... so, it's our fault no matter what happens they say.

I understand how it can be confusing. Perhaps I can clarify a little:

Global warming refers to the overall increasing global temperature which is a major part of Climate Change. Other parts include changes in temperature, precipitation(including snow), or wind patterns, among other effects

As a brief explanation for how global warming can cause nasty snowstorms, we have to take a step back and look at the planet as a whole.
With rising temperatures(Link), a lot of the ice on earth is melting (Link)
That added moisture gets into the atmosphere because warmer air can hold more water vapor than cooler air. (Link)
Naturally, more water vapor in the air = heavier rains & snowstorms when it falls.​

So that's Global Warming causing a Colder winter storm as part of Climate Change

If you'd like to learn more or if that's still unclear, let me know.

Last edited:

DeletedUser27842

I understand how it can be confusing. Perhaps I can clarify a little:

Global warming refers to the overall increasing global temperature which is a major part of Climate Change. Other parts include changes in temperature, precipitation(including snow), or wind patterns, among other effects

As a brief explanation for how global warming can cause nasty snowstorms, we have to take a step back and look at the planet as a whole.
With rising temperatures(Link), a lot of the ice on earth is melting (Link)
That added moisture gets into the atmosphere because warmer air can hold more water vapor than cooler air. (Link)
Naturally, more water vapor in the air = heavier rains & snowstorms when it falls.​

So that's Global Warming causing a Colder winter storm as part of Climate Change

If you'd like to learn more or if that's still unclear, let me know.

No like button in this section. This is such a good and succinct reply. Love it!!

Last edited by a moderator:

CrusaderMichael

I never thought of that.... nasty snowstorms existing because of global warming. I mean, before global warming, or whatever it's called this week... who ever heard of nasty snowstorms?

Hurry up and give all your money to such scientists who will... SAVE THE WORRRRRLD !!!!

#ElvenarScientistsAtTheirBestCoughCough

Heaters need to stay on high... PREVENT THE STORMING OF TEXAS BY EVOLVED WOOLY MAMMOTHS

AtaguS

I never thought of that.... nasty snowstorms existing because of global warming. I mean, before global warming, or whatever it's called this week... who ever heard of nasty snowstorms?

Hurry up and give all your money to such scientists who will... SAVE THE WORRRRRLD !!!!

#ElvenarScientistsAtTheirBestCoughCough

Heaters need to stay on high... PREVENT THE STORMING OF TEXAS BY EVOLVED WOOLY MAMMOTHS
I don't know what any of this means.

SoggyShorts

such a good and succinct reply.
Thanks, it does seem to have been wasted on its target though.
I guess that calm, sourced, and reasoned discussion is no match for the internet standard of shouting while holding your fingers in your ears.

It's a sad thing that misinformation takes in so many. I would strongly recommend the Netflix Film "The social Dilemma" to better understand why people are so easily taken in by conspiracy theories.

NightshadeCS

As a person who has actually been employed in the scientific field, yes, please, give us all the money!!! How laughable. I couldn't even get benefits for four years despite continual full-time employment because my employer had so little money and they just hired me as a "seasonal" employee year after year.

Now, on another tangent, for those who are interested in the wackiness that global climate change can cause, do a search for "snowball earth" or "super saline belt" and prepare to have your brain melt.

Soggy summed it up nicely. And just to reiterate, there is no doubt amongst the scientific community that global average temperatures are rising and that it is caused by humans.

Beside all that, though, does anyone really want to stick their face on the end of a tail pipe and breathe all that in all the time? Why wouldn't we just want cleaner air, end of story?

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Time to close this thread. Please remember that political discussions do not belong here on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.