• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Coin Cities

Why is there a poll on this thread?

• I dunno it's your thread dork

• I blame Soggy

• On principle, I do not participate in polls

Results are only viewable after voting.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
For over a week I've had seven or eight empty cities that just show the coin on the map.
It is noting new to have a coin city pop up because a dead city got deleted ( I assume.)
I've gotten them periodically since I first started playing.
But it used to be that one would appear and usually be replaced with a new city the next day.
So I'm wondering why these are hanging around so long.
Is the player base dropping off?
Is the game shipping new players to Sinya?
Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon lately?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It's been months since I've seen a coin city, and I have 200+ provinces cleared on Khel and Winy.
All of my neighbors fall into the "protected" category so I don't expect to ever see a coin city again.
"protected" cities are cities that
have an average of level 4+ buildings
or
have reached chapter 4+
or
have 200+ diamonds
These cities will never be deleted.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
It's been months since I've seen a coin city, and I have 200+ provinces cleared on Khel and Winy.
All of my neighbors fall into the "protected" category so I don't expect to ever see a coin city again.

Argh, protected cities. :mad:

I have a guy who is just two cities away from me and has been dead ever since I started.
He looks like he made it to chapter 4 and then just disappeared with his MH upgrading.

SoggyShorts

I'd love to know how much money inno makes from players that quit and come back after 5+ months. Can it really be so much (and happen so often) that it is worth cluttering the world map permanently with dead cities "just in case"?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I'd love to know how much money inno makes from players that quit and come back after 5+ months. Can it really be so much (and happen so often) that it is worth cluttering the world map permanently with dead cities "just in case"?

There is a flip side and that is how much money do they save in time by having those towns kept for those who return? Granted the number of people who return would be low but depending on their systems the labour time and reputation loss to return deleted cities is something they will be considering.

SoggyShorts

There is a flip side and that is how much money do they save in time by having those towns kept for those who return? Granted the number of people who return would be low but depending on their systems the labour time and reputation loss to return deleted cities is something they will be considering.
Yeah there would be a possible hit to their reputation, but really if I left the game for 5+ months and came back to find my city gone would I really bother to go somewhere and give a bad review based on that? I assume elvenar sends out emails like "Hey your city misses you!"
Obviously I don't know how many players do come back after such a long break, but it seems to me that giving hundreds of thousands of players more robust and active neighborhoods would outweigh that tiny percentage of players that come back.

SoggyShorts

Ok, so I'll ask... Couldn't they update their ToS to cover this?
Already covered I think
10. Changes
InnoGames reserves the right to adjust or change the rules at any time. Each rule change will be communicated within the appropriate channels.

11. Miscellaneous
Game accounts may be deleted from Game Worlds after 30 days of inactivity. Please note that any Diamonds left on the account will remain on the master account and will not be deleted.

Calenmir

Ok, then why do they have different rules they are telling to us? If this is the ToS then why are they telling us level xxx buildings will exclude you and, etc. etc?? Just delete them or am I misunderstanding?

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Ok, then why do they have different rules they are telling to us? If this is the ToS then why are they telling us level xxx buildings will exclude you and, etc. etc?? Just delete them or am I misunderstanding?
"Game accounts may be deleted after 30 days."

All of the information about what extra criteria they use to decide which accounts get deleted was given to us later. once we realized that even player movement can't fix the world map because of it.

Deleted User - 1178646

Unfortunatly the Crystal Lighthouse and Bell Spire dont seem to work at "coin" city's

DeletedUser2768

Argh, protected cities. :mad:

I have a guy who is just two cities away from me and has been dead ever since I started.
He looks like he made it to chapter 4 and then just disappeared with his MH upgrading.

I have a neighbor in Elcy, I think it is, that has had "Innactive" in his city name since I started. How long has that been? I think Fairies was the last playable chapter. It's ridiculous. I think even The Protected should lose that status after some length of time.

Edit: Hey look at that, I've been playing for over a year now. I started playing before I joined the forums, and I joined the forums a year ago today (May 20th).

DeletedUser6857

Even if they aren't going to delete them at least move them to the edge of the map away from active cities.

I have one that doesn't even have the trader yet, no premium anything and has been upgrading the main hall for months and it's still there. So no way are they using those criteria and deleting cities.

SoggyShorts

Even if they aren't going to delete them at least move them to the edge of the map away from active cities. I have one that doesn't even have the trader yet, no premium anything and has been upgrading the main hall for months and it's still there. So no way are they using those criteria and deleting cities.
But wait, there's more!
mw8kmu.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

DeletedUser2862

the game makers see volume of traffic,, the more players on there books the more value added too the game if they sell it,,, simples :)

DeletedUser2862

yes soggy but remember, they have there I.P address so they are easy too access and offer them an incentive too come back too the game