• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Coins in the trader

CanDaMan

Add the ability to use coins in the Trader. There is a precedent set at the Wholesaler level for the cost of goods. An equitable cost can be extrapolated from that, just as is done for good swaps. I don't know how much it would be used, but if you need coins, or want to get rid of some, this would be an option. What is a coin, but a method of payment.

DeletedUser3297

No.

The wholesaler works as a great way to dump excess coins/supplies at a 5:1 ratio. If you were able to buy with coin at 1:1 the trader wouldn't work. Whoever has the most coin would walk into the trader and buy everything even trades outside of your scouted area because even those are less than the cost at the wholesaler.

This would create a tremendous imbalance of goods, high-level players would be able to buy goods to turn into KP with ease and newer players would never be able to get the goods they need because they don't produce enough coin.

DeletedUser2191

No.

The wholesaler works as a great way to dump excess coins/supplies at a 5:1 ratio. If you were able to buy with coin at 1:1 the trader wouldn't work. Whoever has the most coin would walk into the trader and buy everything even trades outside of your scouted area because even those are less than the cost at the wholesaler.

This would create a tremendous imbalance of goods, high-level players would be able to buy goods to turn into KP with ease and newer players would never be able to get the goods they need because they don't produce enough coin.

Once they have grabbed everything they can from the trader, they'll start reselling for ridiculous prices. This happens in every game where there is in game currency exchange. So I agree, no use of coins in the trader.

DeletedUser2753

Just FYI: I poured alot of KPs in the Blooming Trader AW and can buy 55% bonus on goods at Wholesale ie: At Lvl6 of Blooming trader I can get 755 Lvl1 goods for 200K coin or 20K supplies. I also take more 1 star trades from people not discovered with the boost from that AW.
If they change the wholesaler as they attempted in beta, my strategy of running 24/7 at 180% Culture Bonus and using the wholesaler with the blooming trader will be nerfed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2191

OK, good to know, all. Just an idea that popped into my head, thought I'd air it out.

Absolutely nothing wrong with sharing ideas, especially if they are good for the game. If the feedback from players is positive and the developers come on board equally, it just might get implemented.

BizDani

What if it were a preference option within a fellowship only. Controllable (on/off for the whole fellowship) by the archmage ? The trades would only be allowed within the Fellowship. That way if the fellowship can make it work they have the option.

Thoughts?

Last edited: