• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Cold Fire Phoenix artifacts not being awarded, standard Phoenix artifacts being reduced or reset

DeletedUser8993

I'm on the 15 KP x 3 grand prize in the event, which according to Gems of Knowledge means that I should have received 3 Cold Fire Phoenix artifacts already, plus I collected two more from Crafting, for a total of *5*. However I'm only showing *1* in my inventory, from the most recent grand prize collection in the event... and my collection of standard Phoenix artifacts, which I've never used and had at least 10 of, is now showing as only *4* in my inventory.

Current Instant inventory showing only 1 Cold Fire Phoenix artifact (just collected from event) and 4 standard Phoenix artifacts mentioned above, which was considerably higher previously (don't have an exact count).

Cold Fire Phoenix 1.JPG

Crafting, showing the Cold Fire Phoenix artifact I collected earlier this morning, which never appeared in my inventory.

Cold Fire Phoenix 2.JPG

Gems of Knowledge list of grand prizes showing that at 15 KP for the grand prize, I should have at least 3 Cold Fire Phoenix artifacts collected just from the event, let alone the 2 more that I crafted.

Cold Fire Phoenix 3.JPG

Event screen shot showing that I'm on the 15 KP grand prize.

Cold Fire Phoenix 4.JPG

DeletedUser8993

Others in my Fellowship are also reporting not having Cold Fire Phoenix artifacts appear after winning them in the event.

If my Phoenix artifacts are being used up to produce Cold Fire Phoenix artifacts, which is NOT clear in the Crafting process, how is it that I still have only one Cold Fire Phoenix artifact after winning 3 and crafting 2 more?

Are you saying that this feature is so poorly implemented that it's going back and forth and eventually reducing BOTH types of artifacts? That's kind of what it sounds like you're saying.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Others in my Fellowship are also reporting not having Cold Fire Phoenix artifacts appear after winning them in the event.

If my Phoenix artifacts are being used up to produce Cold Fire Phoenix artifacts, which is NOT clear in the Crafting process, how is it that I still have only one Cold Fire Phoenix artifact after winning 3 and crafting 2 more?

Are you saying that this feature is so poorly implemented that it's going back and forth and eventually reducing BOTH types of artifacts? That's kind of what it sounds like you're saying.
The thing is, you need three 2019 artifacts to make one coldfire artifact. You need two coldfire artifacts to make one 2019 artifact. So if you keep accidentally switching back and forth in your crafting, you will indeed wind up with much less of both. I grant you the artifacts look almost identical so that's easy to do. I wish they would have changed the color of the new artifact ... that simple change would have made ALL the difference and would have solved this problem. I almost made that mistake myself. Sorry. :(

DeletedUser8993

I grant you the artifacts look almost identical so that's easy to do. I wish they would have changed the color of the new artifact ... that simple change would have made ALL the difference and would have solved this problem. I almost made that mistake myself. Sorry. :(
It definitely would have helped, or at least have a warning that asked if you were sure you wanted to use up artifacts in the creation of other artifacts. To be honest, I didn't pay close enough attention because I just wanted the Vision Vapor points for satisfying a quest. ;)

Setting aside the crafting issue, I'm still interested in knowing if people aren't seeing new Cold Fire Phoenix artifacts showing up in their inventory following the normal event grand prize award process. I've asked my FS to verify if they're seeing this happen because several reported that they had, but I can't rule out the crafting issue being the culprit.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
It definitely would have helped, or at least have a warning that asked if you were sure you wanted to use up artifacts in the creation of other artifacts. To be honest, I didn't pay close enough attention because I just wanted the Vision Vapor points for satisfying a quest. ;)

Setting aside the crafting issue, I'm still interested in knowing if people aren't seeing new Cold Fire Phoenix artifacts showing up in their inventory following the normal event grand prize award process. I've asked my FS to verify if they're seeing this happen because several reported that they had, but I can't rule out the crafting issue being the culprit.
I've gotten all of mine. I suspect that the crafting issue really is the culprit.

Risen Malchiah

I have not had this issue. I am getting my Coldire artifacts and have been transforming them into 2019 Phoenix artifacts.

I did almost craft a Coldfire by accident and nearly gave myself a heart attack at the thought of destroying 3 perfectly good 2019 artifacts since those are all I really want. I can see how easy it is to goof up here.

It does seem to me the issue is you are crafting BOTH recipes, thus destroying your artifacts in the process.

DeletedUser8993

It does seem to me the issue is you are crafting BOTH recipes, thus destroying your artifacts in the process.
That seems to be the case, but this wouldn't be the first time Inno introduced something that was... flawed. ;)

I'll never use either type of artifact (I'm out of room because there are no more map expansions when you have 661 provinces completed, and I refuse to pay 12,000+ diamonds for each of the remaining 26 squares... making a point about greed here), so it's irrelevant for me. However, I was concerned about the possibility of a bug on behalf of my Fellowship, many of whom do use the building upgrade artifacts.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
That seems to be the case, but this wouldn't be the first time Inno introduced something that was... flawed. ;)

I'll never use either type of artifact (I'm out of room because there are no more map expansions when you have 661 provinces completed, and I refuse to pay 12,000+ diamonds for each of the remaining 26 squares... making a point about greed here), so it's irrelevant for me. However, I was concerned about the possibility of a bug on behalf of my Fellowship, many of whom do use the building upgrade artifacts.

Don't worry, when we get chapter 16 in another month or two, it will come with the same number of new expansions that chapter 15 did, so two more premium, two more research, and one more from scouting.

Risen Malchiah

Well, the Fire or Storm phoenix are worth it. Fire is outstanding for those who fight. Storm for anyone who already has Fire, and with the Elvenar Trade Center + selective use of time boosters can really help in those key moments in later chapters where you need to quickly gain some goods (particularly sentients in ch15+).

As for space, I'd recommend magic residences & workshops in lieu of the expansions when they get that expensive. Taking out 2 normal workshops would be like getting another expansion.