• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Open Collecting early loses resources

michmarc

Game version: v1.93.2-(1a0065d) (2019-11-28 10:35)
Game world: Khelonaar
Browser + version: Microsoft Edge Version 80.0.334.4 (Official build) dev (64-bit)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10, build 1909 [Version 10.0.18363.476]
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: michmarc
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

When you collect early from a building that allows it, you lose partially constructed resources.

I have just built the Wisdom Square, which (when first built) produces 6 apprentices every 24 hours. You can collect early after 4 hours. What I noticed is that if you collect early, you lose progress. Specifically, consider this state:
wisdom1.png

It has been 4:05 h since it started producing and it has produced 1 full apprentice and started work on the second one. If I collect from it, now we see:

wisdom2.png

The progress bar goes all of the way back to 24h and the 5 minutes of work done on the apprentice is gone. The partial progress should be preserved and the counter should only reset to 23:55 h (Yes, when making the screenshots for something I had observed earlier, I realized that this example is kinda trivial -- 5 minutes is not a big deal -- but if I had collected at 7:59 h, I would have lost 3:59 h worth of apprentice.)

This probably happens on all early collect buildings (residences, mana sources, etc) but is most noticeable here because of the slow rate of production per unit produced.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It has always happened with everything that generates on a timer. I don't like it, but I don't think it's a "bug," just the easiest way to program it.