• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Colonies- [Chapter 15 and beyond]

Pheryll

Set Designer
I am noticing a lot of things nearing certain limits. The city grid of 60x60 is nearly full, and any addition would be more challenging on old computers. Upgrading manufactories to level 28 is going to be a pain (especially for the non-sentient ones) with little payback as divine seed consumption for three tiers is likely to exceed production. The chapter requirements for territories is edging up on the world map limit for unlocking province expansions. In general, after chapter 14 may be a good place to look elsewhere for new features and progress. Because of this I am laying out a somewhat detailed concept of how the winds can change as the game continues to develop.

The idea I have is to establish a second city, one not on the world map, to be linked to your city as a colony. Colonies will have their own unique manufactories producing colony goods with boosts as a +2 shift. The colony goods would be added to the materials consumed in your main city's manufactories sentient good production (starting level 28) in lieu of increasing the divine seeds costs. In turn, sentient goods will be needed heavily by your colony to upgrade and expand in the new world.

Colonies will have a city map that starts small and grows with technologies and new world expansions. They would have their own military units and buildings. They would not be useful for standard production as found in events and fellowship adventures- these would be done in the main city. Guest races in these latter chapters would have guest race buildings and features for both the main city and the colony.

There are plenty of interactions that can be done between the main city and its colony. Royal expeditionary forces can be sent over for a cost. The sentient good supplies sent to the colony can increase its culture and communication. There is an endless number of ways to go from here.

DeletedUser2870

+3
Sounds good to me.
I'm also getting at the point where the whole idea of 'city-building' is getting to be rather restricted since there are so many required buildings in order to proceed.
Your regular boosted factories, boosted sentient goods factories, workshops, residences, a certain amount of military buildings...all in all cities are growing more and more alike since there are only so many possibilities in ordering them due to the fact there are more and more required buildings.
So many of the cities are pretty much alike and that's a shame.

Another possibility that has been mentioned before would be to have FS buildings that would give every member who built it a certain boost, depending on how many FS members actually build them.
The boost might be considerable, so the drawback should be that the buildings should be pretty large to make it pretty much impossible to build all of them in every city.

DeletedUser3622

Would be fun to have a little scrolling arrow button down by the land bridge and up by the mountain path... even into the valley. Many places to place another city and allow you to navigate between them, plus it'd kinda be like traveling along those mystery roads that lead nowhere right now.

turfboss

Or we could travel via a space portal and establish a colony in that new world which might be one of two kinds of new world (1) it could be a bit more primative and would require fighting and perhaps a more primative (slower) growth of the colony - and adaption here might be more like the colonists founor (2) it could be like a new world in space that is similar to the proviences and such that we have now but the races are far more sophisticated in this new world and we have to figure out how to adapt (either by the technology we have developed here and brought with us - or all new tchnologieswhich we learn to develop in the new planet environment.

DeletedUser23196

This Idea I adressed in my thread of Scaling and Diamonds : I am in 100% agreement, they actually have this in All Main game DLC's and Stormfall Age of War just created another City (Stoneheart Castle) in the same type of pretense to add more space, but it also causes separation issues to contribute to the main City and point of the game, so Definetly need the new addition here to become a contributing factor to the overall build of the game if they do it. I still poersonally believe if they Change layout ratio's in an Expansion purchase to become a viable option. 60x60, 72x72, 84x84, 100x100.. this adds value and can be sold as I personally would buy the upgrades... Break 1 Square into 4 Squares where 4 Sqaures now become 16 and so forth...

Socrates28

I am sort of ambivalent on an expansion to another “world,” even though I am a science fiction geek, only because of the fundamental difference I see between “science” and “magic.” I know the old saying, “One man’s magic is another man’s science and vice versa” and yet putting that aside, fundamentally, magic and science have different belief systems and assumptions as to what is possible.

Simply put, I see the difference as science being outside the individual and magic being tied up in an individual. Science can be used by anyone who has the requisite knowledge and skill, while magic, even with the knowledge, cannot: i.e. magical people and non-magical people as in the Harry Potter genre.

I like the idea of satellite cities or paths up and down the mountain our cities are built on as this does not change the fundamental assumptions of the “reality” we inhabit in Elvenar.

2 cents put in.:D

YarL

My thought is to allow several different outposts that allow artists to show off their talents. We could have an outpost in the clouds, one on a mountain top, one down in the valley, one in caverns under ground.

The outposts would connect via portals. We would send population producing buildings to the outposts or just population. We could send coins, supplies, goods, relics, broken shards, etc. to each of our outposts. The outposts would produce new goods or other items. Those items could be sent back to the main city. It might be easiest to make the new items only add to our score.

We have had lots of visitor races. How about we colonize back to those locations?

Last edited: